Unreleased late 90's Sufjan Stevens album found in Brooklyn dumpster

Some dude from Reddit used to work next door to Sufjan's studio in Brooklyn. One day, while he was renovating the place, he threw a bunch of stuff into the building's dumpster.

He found this album in good enough condition to show around and contemplate upping for us all.

Now he's waiting for Asthmatic Kitty to get in touch with him before he uploads it.

reddit.com/r/Sufjan/comments/4rkc87/i_used_to_work_next_door_to_sufjans_studio_in/

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-427714287/sufjan-stevens-lets-fly-to-another-planet
reddit.com/r/Sufjan/comments/4rkc87/i_used_to_work_next_door_to_sufjans_studio_in/d5239f7
clyp.it/5h1vt0i3
anything2mp3.com/
beecubu.com/desktop-apps/SafariCacheExplorer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's a track he upped to Soundcloud.

soundcloud.com/user-427714287/sufjan-stevens-lets-fly-to-another-planet

Is there any reason at all to believe this is real?

is that all lamps fucked on the hairy dick memeing?

If Sup Forums broke this, I'd be very skeptical. However, Sufjan's subreddit isn't big on trolls or pranks. I'm willing to believe this is actually happening.

yeah this is totally legitimate

Dude from Asthmatic Kitty itself in the comments is asking him not to release it. Even if it is real, say goodbye to ever hearing the thing.

>Loneliness Is A Warm Bum
what the fuck, suffy?

reddit.com/r/Sufjan/comments/4rkc87/i_used_to_work_next_door_to_sufjans_studio_in/d5239f7

God fucking dammit.

>he's not going to post it now
>this is probably the only chance for this to ever be leaked
>it's all lights fucked all over again
thanks reddit

He responded:

>I was half-expecting to hear from someone at AKR. I have nothing but respect and admiration for you guys and the work you do! My apologies for jumping the gun on putting a track up; I've gone ahead and taken it down. For the record, it is a lovely little album and I'm so glad I saved it from the landfill!

Seriously, I'm so fucking done with this kind of shit.

>it's another "look at me" redditfag episode

WHY

let it be known that this is why i like Sup Forums more than i like reddit.

>Unreleased late 90's Sufjan Stevens album found in Brooklyn dumpster
right where it belongs desu

Lmao, holy shit, it's always reddit.

Yep, he's never going to leak it. This is his top post on Reddit.

>Warm Bum
Does this confirm the rumours?

did anyone rip the track he did leak?

and now the SC link is dead. he actually deleted it.

first it was them messing up the painting with leak, now it's them keeping holy grail early-era suffy from us.

fucking reddit, man.

Goddamnit Margaret, this is why we cant fucking have nice things

god fucking damnit

This

wow

I fucking remember that whole Painting With debacle. Kid recorded with his iPhone mic his early copy of Painting With while it played over the in-device speakers of his Crosley turn table.

for anyone who didn't get to hear the song before he took it down, it was a short lo-fi noise rock/noise pop song. pretty good

>actually prefering early sufjan to 2010s sufjan

of all the people to find this

life is a cruel joke

Whatever, not a huge loss. That cover looks atrocious, and we've all heard a sun came. Assuming it's from around that same time, it's probably just as bad.

I can't help but feel this is one big prank

>prank

it's social experiment you doofus

that cover is so edgy. is that actually sufjan? looks like he's doing a "twisted fucking psychopath" pose

yep

Only on Reddit would someone do this shit. Why did he even bother to share?

The only prank here is taking his music
Serious
Numale garbage

by "holy grail" i mean it's a set of recordings we could've had from an era we don't know much of, but unfortunately reddit had to cuck it all up.

It's probably satire

>it's a social experiment
Then where's the camera?

You seem very aggressive.
Are you OK?

So he put the 1st song on soundcloud.

Naturally, I ripped it...

clyp.it/5h1vt0i3

It would've been easier to ask for forgiveness than to have begged for permission. Reddit has once again fucked over those who actually like and listen to music.

It's... wow. I'm not sure I was ready for that

too soon

your webcam...

OH SHIT!
Good thing I covered it with duct tape (I'm not paranoid, honest)

This is funky as fuck I didn't know Suffy had it in him

THIS IS GORGEOUS

So is anyone else planning to rob him

leak it deak

always reddits fucking up everything

so we can pretty much only hear this if Sufjan gives the OK to the guy?

So, never

>implying sufjan wasn't that guy from AK responding on reddit
just look at how he typed it

It's not even SS himself asking him to not release it. It's just whoever at AKR studio that controls their reddit account telling him not to.

This is why they are shit. I could maybe understand if the actual artist asked him not to, but this is just an employee at the record company.

the only reason to not sanction it would be planning an "archive release" down the line, which if they weren't doing before they are now

fuck 'em

This. I cannot imagine Suffy in a million years being cool with this, which fucking sucks. I wish the dude just uploaded this in the first post. Like another user said, asking for forgiveness would've been better than begging for permission.

THEY'RE TAUNTING US NOW

not even mad, just disappointed

God dammit! I just want more Sufjan!

only on reddit would someone keep that to themselves

Didn't someone from ASR give us the .PDF of Carrie and Lowell's lyric sheet once it leaked?

REDDIT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
we've been cucked of an album once again

They are pretty much asking him to leak it, i hope that fucking retard doesn't keep it to himself.

help how to rip

anything2mp3.com/

Quality might end up shit but its better than nothing

Audacity

won't work. that just asks for the sc url. I need to find the file in the browser/dev tools or something, checked all the safari cache dirs and can't find it

This is obviously Viral Marketting

"LOL ROBERT FROM ASMATHIC CAT HERE, LOL HOW DID YOU FIND THIS? UR SO LUCKY PLEEZE DONT SHARE WINK WINK"

there is an entire sufjan album we will never hear because reddit.

search soundcloud downloader

fucking download a soundcloud downloader and just download that shit

>>safari

speaking as an ex-mac user: yer fucked m8

thats not how soundcloud downloaders work ffs. its no longer on soundclouds servers, I need to get it out of safari.
I can't record audio output of mac and the plugins to do that require a restart. I've recorded it from my speakers but it sounds like shit.

anyone know what theyre talking about and isnt just going to shout SOUNDCLOUD downloader?

so it was thrown out because pretty much every song on it is openly about him being a gay serial killer right?

going to try to airplay it to another mac and record there

>me in the middle when i find out there is a Sufjan album, i'll never hear

i don't know what i'm talking about but you could try this

beecubu.com/desktop-apps/SafariCacheExplorer/

seems like there's a free demo, not sure what the limitations are. worth a shot i guess.

I can't possibly imagine how pathetic and weak willed this man must be IRL

What up Sup Forums. It's me, the guy. Get me $1000 and you can hear the whole thing. Otherwise fuck off.

sent ;)

Proof

>renaming tracks of random shit
uh huh

>pussy leddit user
>making a power play
sure you are

this proves absolutely nothing

You don't have to believe me, but then again you don't have to hear the album.

>proof

lol

>paying $1000 for an artist I don't give a shit about
no thanks
make it 10 and maybe

safari user here. need place to upload

zippyshare

MEGA or Zippy

I'm at work and don't have the album cover, this is the best I can do right now.

FUCK MY ASS AND CALL ME DADDY THATS BADASS

snap it in half

I'll snap you in half you little slut

happy for ya, but no worth 1000. You're just a whore than

That's a prety good recreation; but on the Reddit pictures there was no writing on the clear plastic. Fuck off, user. :^)

USE QUICKTIME SCREEN CAPTURE AND RECORD THE AUDIO FROM THAT PLEASE

Not to mention the writing is on the playable side of the cd

>ruining a perfectly good sufjan album just to trick some autists on the internet