well okay

You can't join mine

Hahaha fuck u op

wow
o
w

>tfw quartet is in your future

OP BTFO

What was your favorite tourette's guy moment?

youtube.com/watch?v=q3hX2bfOloY

But seriously though, how do you practice as a band. I'm a teenager with all my friends living in flats and with no car to transport anything. Studios are expensive as fuck, can't afford enough time to rehearse nearly enough

Where the bird flies into the house

If you're a drummer with a jam space, you're in my band no questions asked.

God dang u mang

dang

anyways, if you just wanna join a band, it is possible to get OK at bass guitar in about 1 year. There are 2 things that will put yourself way ahead of the game even though you are technically only an OK bass player:

1) buy the gear, nice bass. nice big amp, a few pedals if you fancy. the reason you should go for name brand everything is that it will sound better, make a nice impression and in the end it is easier to resell. you will lose a couple hundred just from the changing hands and shipping but this is money you will lose owning bullshit gear anyways. Buy the good shit! fender mustang bass and the biggest ampeg amp you can find.

2) be an absolute fucking expert about the songs of whatever the band you join. notebook everything. We had been working with two different bassist both had the same problem that they were so good technicall speaking that they got used to winging it, never internalized the songs... its a fucking mess when the backbone of the band is hazy on the material!
as bassist, be the archivist as well. If you can't know how to play every song, keep an official songbook, it really helps if you keep detailed notes (doesnt have to be sheet music), but if you can recall any given song in less than a 5 minute break then you are an ASSET to the band, you don't need to be a virtuoso player.

Bassist is the most realistic ticket because most musicians are too self important to just play bassist in the band but every band needs a bassist, and most bands settle on a bassist who treats the whole thing as a side project and its bullshit when that kind of bassist forgets the material.

>wanting to be in a band in 2016

Start your own

>muh single artist success