Tfw there's an overwhelmingly large amount of music you wanna listen to and you don't have time to listen to it all so...

>tfw there's an overwhelmingly large amount of music you wanna listen to and you don't have time to listen to it all so you just listen to the same 10 albums over and over again

Most music is shit though. I pretty much have listened to all the good shit

I wish I could believe this

Literally me.

This.
At a certain point, when you keep looking and looking for more obscure music you get bored and realize obscure music is obscure for a reason

I personally find it comforting to know that no matter how much exploring through music I do there will always be more things out there that I would love, waiting to be found :)

why da time alloted for dem 10 albums, differ from time for unheard ablum?

This is why in chart threads I can't fathom how people have so much obscure shit as their favorites. I've listened to my fair share of obscure albums and I still have Sup Forumscore through sub-sub-Sup Forumscore for most of my chart.

I'm the opposite. I'm addicted to listening to new music and never revisiting it.

I find it the opposite. The most interesting stuff to me is always obscure because I get bored of new ideas in music quickly.

What obscure albums are your favorites?

Same

I'm convinced it's forced listening that turned into false adoration

philistines. officially philistines.

my kind of people. ideally we should meet IRL, there are not so many of us who actually listen to music.

Luminousorange - Drop You Vivid Colors

Is that even that obscure? I have no idea

philistine.

do you feel smart for how skeptical you are about how much I love my favorite album?

I'd say so

Edit: thought you replied to me, ignore this

>TFW you will not be able to listen to every single album

Yes

Don't be a faggot. If I loved Sup Forumscore by nature, I would listen to it too.

My favorites are changing almost weekly because I'm a NEET and spend all day listening to new music, but lately I've been getting into industrial and harsh noise a lot. In particular I like Sleep Chamber, Masonna, Prurient, and Current 93. Not obscure by Sup Forums standards, but oh well.

you dont have to listen to them ALL
just take your time and listen to stuff at your own pace

Good thinking habits

>get bored of new ideas quickly
What do you mean by this?

this is why Sup Forums is terrible
people like this

I don't know, I just get bored of music that sounds familiar very quickly. Even music that I've loved at some point and played endlessly sounds boring to me now. New music, especially if it sounds unique, is always more interesting than anything I know I'll enjoy.

It's why Sup Forums is good actually

Y'all niggas need to listen to Sun Ra

Music will L I T E R A L L Y change your life

Calm your elitist self. I don't go shitting up chart threads with "hurrr look at all these POSERS OVER HERE" I let people do what they want because different people have different ways of enjoying music.

Ah sorry I misread your post. I thought you meant the opposite of your intentions, that you get bored of listening to music that sounds new

>talking about nothing but Sup Forumscore makes Sup Forums good
please no
You just don't understand that Sup Forums is terrible because people only listen to Sup Forumscore and talk about the same albums over and over again. The reason you should shit on people with basic bitch Sup Forumscore taste is to drive them away from Sup Forums so the board is better, it has nothing to do with posers.

>>tfw there's an overwhelmingly large amount of music you wanna listen to and you don't have time to listen to it all

Yeah this definitely hurts...

>so you just listen to the same 10 albums over and over again

...wait what

you do know it's Sup Forumscore because it's the most frequently discussed albums/artists here right? That post makes no sense

No, Sup Forums is terrible because people are unable to formulate their own opinions and whatever opinions they drone on, they're unable to articulate why they "think" that in a cohesive argument. This problem applies both to people who drone on Sup Forumscore and contrarians that shit on Sup Forumscore for no reason other than the fact that is popular.
Regardless of your tastes, if you use this board and post an opinion you better be able to post a well constructed argument on demand as to why you think so.

Adding on to this, "writing about music is like dancing about architecture" so I very well understand that it is hard and I myself am probably unable to think of something good for every opinion I have. Nevertheless it is an acquired skill and I should hope that at least 90% of this board are working towards practicing it.

how about we split the difference and say it's bad for both of those reasons, both influencing the other?

The problem ultimately stems from having a canon absolutely, but it has less to do with the music itself and more about the implications of having a canon and what it means for the people of this board.

We have a lot of kids. They come here after just discovering music and see all these albums posted and think "wow, these seem so weird, I need to listen to these!". And of course, being kids, they want to fit in really badly. So the result is a large population that is just getting into music and who are largely newfags, and they're the ones who fuck up the board with their memes and uninformed opinions. A lot of people can't express their music opinion well because they haven't listened to enough music because they're barely 18 and it's just a lot easier to say "music is subjective, there's no point in discussing it". They don't get that the point isn't whether or not your opinion is "true" or not, it's about having a discussion and sharing those opinions. It's just easier to spew memes so the kids do it.

If you're not some kind of plebian scum, you'll start making your own music once you get bored with other people's music.

>want to see performances of classical greats after hearing them many times
>live in bumfuck nowheretown, Montana

Why is life so cruel?

Sucks to suck huh

All of my favorite bands have broken up.

Really, though? I've never had the desire to make music.

i have the problem of constantly listening to my backlog and not giving things repeat listens

To be honest I'm always surprised by the fact that most artists don't seem to care for listening to their own stuff, the primary reason I make music is so that there's more of what I love to listen to around. Not that sharing it with others isn't awesome too, it is, but still.

>To be honest I'm always surprised by the fact that most artists don't seem to care for listening to their own stuff
because every artists sees what they did and they see it as shit, no matter what. I cannot stand to listen to my stuff, I see all of what I did wrong and how it could've been improved. A lot of other artists (I would even go as to say most) think this way.

Yeah that does make sense, thinking about it pretty much all my artistic friends are like that. It's kind of sad, but I guess that drive to do better is what enables a lot of people make great stuff.