According to Brooklynvegan, The Mercury News and Scan the music blog of The Independent Weekly...

>According to Brooklynvegan, The Mercury News and Scan the music blog of The Independent Weekly, Johnston started the show with some "jokes" including, "I heard the Jews are having a pajama party... at the concentration camps." This was followed by an awkward silence to which Johnston then added a Nazi salute and a "Heil Hitler."

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

papermag.com/daniel-johnston-an-anti-semite-1425277749.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It's true
Fucking hell Danny

The only reason he's popular with BV types is because people see him as a freak show, they have no right to be offended or surprised by this.

this.

all the fucking hip young people who go to his shows are suddenly surprised he is mentally unsound?

fuckin epic,gonna download some of his albums now

Still a better stand-up comic than [insert shit stand-up comic]

RED PILLED

Same.

>visits Sup Forums once

If by red pilled you mean schizophrenic, then yeah he is

1990 is his best album

He's always been a little racist.

(If you listen to his WFMU interview, he randomly starts pretending he's his manager and goes off on a rant how he's "milking Daniel for money" because he (the manager) is a "Jew" and "Jews like money," etc)

Wow. Holy. Shit. A mentally ill man acted mentally ill????!!?! How??!!!!!'bbnbjtlikgljrunb

holy shit, link?

Holy shit.

>Jews like money

Well that's not a lie

>Today at the Convention Center, Austin icon and OG “outsider artist” Daniel Johnston told two jokes before a jam-packed day stage crowd:
>1. “I heard they just sentenced a man to the death penalty… for trying to commit suicide.”
>2. “I heard the Jews are having a pajama party… at the concentration camp.”
>Daniel punctuated the last one, which drew a pretty uncomfortable silence, with a Nazi salute and a screechy “Heil Hitler.”

I'm reading this in Neil Hamburger's voice

HOLY SHIT ALL THOSE DIGITS

>I'm reading this in Neil Hamburger's voice
holy shit, I wanna hear some Neil Hamburger now

thats not Hi How Are You

Daniel was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. His friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped him sign to Elektra Records, described him as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Dan, I'm Jewish,' and he was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' He had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that he was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view he appears to have continued to maintain throughout his later years. According to Fields, Daniel once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Daniel performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations

How can one autist be so based?

Bump.

no shit thats why I laugh when tumblr girls like him

>"should mental illness excuse antisemitism"
>"probably not"
The writer of this article is retarded
papermag.com/daniel-johnston-an-anti-semite-1425277749.html

BV?

Wow, I was expecting them to at least try to justify why they believe that.

It's not like he was that anti-semitic. It was just a tasteless joke. I mean, for Christ's sake, this is a bloke that once crashed an airplane because he thought he was Caspar the friendly ghost, he is clearly not capable of entirely understanding his surroundings.

just another mentally ill person being antisemitic.. how I should be surprised?

That's Nico

But at the same time have you considered that... everyone likes money?
It's just like fried chicken and watermelon.

>"The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew."

How the fuck did Daniel get away with this?

give daniel a break guys come on

>TRUE LOVE WILL FIND YOU IN THE END
>JEWS AND BLACKS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS
I can't believe people are OK with this

finally someone sais what we are all thinking.

wtf I hate Daniel Johnston now