Anyone else think musicians need to stay the fuck away from politics?

anyone else think musicians need to stay the fuck away from politics?

just because you can write a good tune doesn't mean you suddenly earned a degree in political science & economics overnight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah why should they have opinions about politics like the rest of us?

fuck them

>Fantano
>musician

I prefer it when they don't have an opinion, but they're people, not your personal dancing monkey.

Also, Fantano's not a musician. Taiga does not count.

you are fucking retarded

Police shooting people point blank is somehow related to economics.

...okay

We should all be entitled to an opinion. True they have more of a voice because they have an audience, but you shouldn't hold that against them

>voices opinion someone else doesn't like
>"it's just an opinion you sjw libcuck, be more tolerant"
>someone voices opinion you don't like
>"anyone else think musicians need to stay the fuck away from politics?"

It's one thing when an uneducated person starts spouting off about politics just because they're a musician and think their opinion matters. However, it just seems like you disagree with Fantano here and want to dismiss his opinion on the basis of arrogance.

Y'know. Like a fag.

>just because you can write a good tune doesn't mean you suddenly earned a degree in political science & economics overnight

just like your degree huh bud?

Based on this premise everyone without whatever degree you deem worthy should therefore be barred from having an opinion right? Or at least, an opinion you disagree with

I would agree with this being hypocrisy if musicians weren't overwhelmingly liberal in the first place, or pretty much just one sided. If it were very obvious that musicians were split in half like most of the country, then your argument would make more sense.

Hollywood and the arts are so far left it's disturbing. Anthony "Vegan" Fantano needs to stop reading mainstream media

>everyone's opinion is equally as valuable!

let me guess, the jews are involved or some shit? Honestly, you alt right faggots are just fruitcakes

Most cases of "police brutality" have been proven to be fake (Mike Brown, Treyvon Martin). This has nothing to do with opinion

If an artist I like for their music tries to use their platform to sound off on their opinions, I just unfollow them. Advocating for something is a completely different matter, like encouraging people to donate or volunteer for a cause, but if all they do is shout their opinion about Brexit, then its obnoxious.

He's not a musician.

Yeah man why the hell should people use art to convey political ideas I mean its not like this has been done for centuries upon centuries why the fuck is it starting now?

>My opinion is worth more than everyone else's because I say so!!!!!

You're literally just as bad as a lot of the left who believe in stuff such as 'safe spaces'.

>Most cases of "police brutality" have been proven to be fake

(not true, btw)

>Treyvon Martin
>police brutality
do you even read? Let's find out what does the following statement say: "Treyvon Martin's death was never an issue of police brutality, as Zimmerman was not a police officer."

>it just seems like you disagree with Fantano here and want to dismiss his opinion on the basis of arrogance.

hmmm just like the same arrogance Fantano is dismissing the cops in this case with as an "unjustified" shooting with literally no evidence behind it then some shaky twitter video

>Trayvon Martin
>police brutality
Stop lurking Sup Forums holy shit

Sup Forums is a very blue pilled board.

Sup Forums is the brother you hate but know deep down is right.

Implying Fantano is a musician

well it's filled with liberal arts students what do you expect,

the whole god damn music scene is leftist central which is why you're seeing all these fucking musicians spouting their liberal bullshit every chance they get

I hope the cops finally decide to go on strike and let the people eat themselves alive.

This would all be resolved if American cops weren't so against have badge cameras or some other means of constantly recording incidents themselves.

Seriously, stop getting your news from Sup Forums. It's not healthy and clearly inaccurate.

youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY

Well he'd be wrong about Trayvon since no cops were involved with his death

Cops are evil racists!

>its another Sup Forums promotes the same philosophy as tumblrites without a shred of self awareness thread

oh bother

Hey this is pretty good actually, not cringe at all

Oh yeah

that's right

That's how I know him

That's why he's mentioned on this board

how's the pic relevant tho? anthony aint a musician, he's just a hack who's perma cucked by his own white guilt and black gf

I mean... The black guy who got shot this time had a pretty big criminal record full of drugs and weapons... Not shocked if he was packing a pistol. Granted, violence is never the answer. But if a guy pulls a gun on me? Hell yeah I'd probably shoot on pure reflex alone.

My point is... Race isn't the issue, Latinos actually have a higher rate of police related deaths than blacks. I'm tired of all this violence. I'm half black, yet I felt like the rioting wasn't the answer. People need to be responsible for their actions.

1. Be Respectful Of Others
2. Don't Be A Dumb Ass In Front Of Police/Fire Fighters or Any Other Social Workers
3. If Getting Arrested, Try To Behave And Not Act Like A Jack Ass
4.???
5. You Are Alive And Not Killed By Cops! Good Job

Where are we suppose to get news?

Yes, the police play a vital role in the community. But, America's police force acts with brutality unseen across the Western world.

They do it to virtue signal to each other. Can't go against the hive mind as its career suicide.

Sup Forums exhibits the same behavior by worshiping Neutral Milk Hotel.

Preferably multiple sources so you can do your best to filter out bias. The exact opposite of which you're doing at the moment.

Why are American conservatives so willing to defend and justify police brutality? Shouldn't a party that fears a large government be naturally wary of an extension of the government whose only oversight is more law enforcement?

There was another shooting after that one.
Black guy in his car. He literally dindu nuffin this time.
First Dindu that literally dindu nuffin. It's quite shocking.

The projection here is mind blowing.

That same group promotes the rhetoric of revenge over rehabilitation when it comes to other parts of the justice system so it makes sense that they're more than happy to see supposed criminals get theirs.

They don't fear large government user, that's a talking piece they trot out to defend their right to own assault rifles

But that's what pol does.
They post multiple sources and shit on the sources if they're unreliable.

Infowars and Breitbart are very, very far from reputable sources.

What exactly do you think projection is, in your own words? Is it another falsehood you learned there like Trayvon's situation involving police brutality?

>tfw there will never be a libertarian board

is this a joke? what the fuck dude
i like it

Because police brutality literally doesn't exist, at least not on a scale that is a cause for concern.
If some black criminal getting shot for putting lives at risk is your evidence for police brutality then you gotta get your head checked.

t. someone who takes everything Stefan Molyneux says as the gospel truth

Who told you that? CNN? lmao.

facts

So cops should be allowed to execute individuals after they've been subdued? Interesting

How do you even enforce that, unless their wearing a confederate flag or a make America great again hat there's no real way of knowing who's racist and who isn't as long as they don't bring it up

You get your news from one source and claim it as abject fact. Is that simple enough for you?
Or is reading the guardian, huffington post and salon multiple sources in your mind?

Also, I never said Travon was killed by cops so stop using that weak straw man,

>Thinking art and social issues should be distinct
Get a new hobby, this one isn't for you.

maybe one day user...

>You get your news from one source and claim it as abject fact. Is that simple enough for you?
>Or is reading the guardian, huffington post and salon multiple sources in your mind?

Quote me on where I said I read any of those.

>If some black criminal getting shot for putting lives at risk

Yes, it just so cheekily and coincidentally happens that cops judge black people doing literally anything, including just existing, as putting lives at risk. Doesn't matter how under control the situation is, let's shoot and strangle them anyway!

Who the fuck was subdued? You're making shit up.

>mfw i ironically wore a 'make armenia great again' hat to a wavves show
>i was refused entry immediately
>even when i explained how funny i was being, the bouncer still wouldn't let me in
>feelsbadman.jpg

if this was your attempt at showing user that you know how to project, it's pretty poor
this is just straight up pulling shit out of your ass

This.

I don't understand these black live matters movements and the people saying, no this is music for black people onky, or you wont understand this if youre not black. For fucks sake the only thing you are achieving with that is even more segregation, you are separating people by the colour of their skin once again, that's exactly the opposite of what you want if you want everybody to live happily together.

Plus he guy had pointed the gun to a civilian before police arrived, they had to use force to make him lay in the ground because he didnt want to, he had a gun on him, he was trying to resist the arrest with a gun on his pocket.
Could the police have acted in a different way, yes probably, is he an innocent? Fuck no. People need to understand that adrenaline really changes the way you think and act, the guy was dangerous and the police reacted.

>libertarianism
>still considered a valid and even intelligent political point of view
>when oh when will this meme die

hahaha oh no, not Wavves. Talk about virtue signalling to the extreme as only degenerate fuckstain hipsters would be attending that anyway.

You are hilariously uninformed on the situations involving cops and dead crooks.
Maybe stay off twitter for a while.

goddamnit why did you make me respect fantano slightly

I meant racist/a trump supporter/sexist or whatever btw

YOUNG THUG WAS RIGHT

Sup Forums is the mentally unstable cousin who the whole family avoids for a good reason

>They should stay away from politics because I disagree with them
>Have to have political sciene degree to have opinion
wew

does this mean we're going to get more threads with Sup Forumslacks clearly being rallied to come over here and try to red pill us

yay...

Don't look for logic in the left as its been washed out of their brains by university or drugs.

Gangbanger with over a dozen charges carrying an illegal firearm while writhing all over the floor while being arrested dindu nuffing

hey shinji

I'm too cool for drugs kids.

WE WUZ KANGZ

>“L. RON HUBBARD WAS A BLACK MAN”
>“TRUTH”
>“HIS REAL NAME WAS L. RON HOYABEMBE”

>balance is bad!
>extremism is the only logical option!
okay

>a free market would bring balance and is a sustainable economic model
fucking keek

I have no idea what ur Talkin bout m8

Young thug said in an interview that it's not the artist job to talk about social / political issues but got backlash for it, that's what I'm referencing

Don't look for logic in the right as its been washed out of their brains by obesity or guns.

That Taiga band is a HUGE pile of shit btw.

A criminal was killed today. Sure some cops may be bad eggs, but in this instance a thug paid the price for his thug life. Case closed.

TURN THAT POOP
INTO WINE

What are you, fucking retarded?
Capitalism is one of the most successful economic models in history.

Isn't it the left who is all love my body n shit? Fat shaming and all that?

Ironic considering the most obese areas of the country predominantly vote Republican

Most of the marxist idiots would have been first on the chopping block for Mao and Lenin. Utter retards.

I'm all for acceptance of things that can't change, but health can.

I'm fucked, i just felt like if there was going to be a black Scientologist (will smith not included), it would be thugger for sure. I was referencing this.
youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ

L. RON HUBBARD IS THE TRUE GOD
BLACK
THERE IS NO HELL

What would happen if the boys in blue weren't around to beat the shit out of everyone who disagrees with their government? Or put down any threats to the upper class? go suck a cops dick

>insinuating i'm not pro capitalism
kek 2: kek harder

>insinuating i'm a communist
kek 3: kek another day

>muh helping the world meme
I feel you, man. Who the fuck wants to work hard and make less money than you could be earning to feed a bunch of lazy fucks? I always think of it this way; I'd rather live in a lower-middle class and have the chance to make it big than live in the middle class and be stuck there with no chance to go up or down. Life is about risk, and not everybody makes it. People seriously need to learn that Darwinism applies to economic situations as well.
If you're pro-capitalism than what the fuck are you trying to say?

>what the fuck are you trying to say?
regulating the market is the only way to make it work you daft piece of shit

Ohhh lmao alright haven't seen that video in a while, I get it. I could see thugger being a scientoligist