Let's Talk about Black Metal

I don't have a lot of people to talk about black metal with so I just want to shoot the shit with some fellow metalheads who are into it like I am. Favorite albums, favorite bands, least favorite bands, least favorite albums. Anything black metal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IFLj1WFJmMA
youtube.com/watch?v=ionNHq0xJuQ&list=PL6D0D4943EBC53781
youtube.com/watch?v=nJeMoqJrhnw)
youtube.com/watch?v=UQjHLzIbdRQ)
youtube.com/watch?v=H5XWwLYeKfE)
youtube.com/watch?v=yy9qiDAzp5Y)
youtube.com/watch?v=SFccewtcRlE)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you.

Viking Metal Bathory is better than Black Metal Bathory. There I said it.

Fuck this cunt. Let's talk about black metal. Which wave is your favorite, OP?

Deafheaven - Sunbather

Altar of Plagues - Teethed Glory and Injury

Although I love their other 2 albums as well. Such a bummer that they stopped making music. I've yet to find black metal that I enjoy as much.

Black metal sucks.

Legitimately good record, and I probably love trve kvlt shit more than anybody else on this board.

The Flenser is my favorite black metal label.

>I probably love trve kvlt shit more than anybody else on this board

Nice argument

I'm not arguing. I'm mocking.

Nice try though

I don't have specific favorite wave but I do somewhat like the sound of the first wave a bit better than second wave.Generally I just like what like though.

You sound gay. And retarded.

Also like you don't actually like black metal.

Altar of Plagues has made some modern classics in my opinion

Do you consider shit like Slayer's first album to be first wave black metal? Black metal wasn't really a sound at the time. It was just thrash with a satanic aesthetic. That album is pure Venom worship.

Called it

I think it's trying to communicate, how adorable.

Little late to that joke aren't you? Try and keep up birdbrain

>Legitimately good record, and I probably love trve kvlt shit more than anybody else on this board.

I know that a lot of people are going to hate me for this but that's one of my favorites. My absolute favorite is either Kentucky by Panopticon or Black Metal by Venom

You seein this Are you? Are you seeing it?

I guess you could say that. I go back and forth on whether or not I think Show No Mercy counts

Well hey, sometimes you just can't beat the classics. I know that the black metal community gets stereotyped as elitist dickheads but I'm pretty open minded. I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat for not agreeing with me.

I think Show No Mercy is first wave black metal.

Either way, it's a fantastic record. I have a copy on white vinyl. It's pretty sick

Well that's very generous of you.

I am not generous. Your taste is shit, your knowledge of black metal is laughable, and this entire thread is hipsterish pretension.

>I know that the black metal community gets stereotyped as elitist dickheads but I'm pretty open minded.
That's probably because you're not a member of the black metal community.

Projecting now are we? Don't worry, I have no problem with gays or retards.

Okay, that was pretty funny. A bit of an obvious joke but it was funny.

I wouldn't expect a gay retard to have problems with gays or retards.

Hipsterish Pretension? That's funny coming from a guy complaining about my taste. Not trying to put anyone down here, I'm just saying.

Okay, that was pretty stupid. A bit of a obvious attempt to win me over, but it was pathetic and desperate.

I should let you know that I prefer to be called a Queer retard.

Putting someone down is exactly what you're trying to do. And yes, hipsterish pretension. As in you, your thread, and your taste.

Alright then Queer retard it is

An argument could be put forth that some people on this thread are trying to prove me wrong about not all people who listen to black metal being complete trash. But I am going to continue to say that not everyone who likes it sucks because truth exists independently of retarded trolls

Holy shit, why is the first Bathory album so fucking good? Necomansy is one of the greatest black metal songs ever written.

>An argument could be put forth that some people on this thread are trying to prove me wrong about not all people who listen to black metal being complete trash.
The fuck are you even talking about?
Are you delusional Queer retard?

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

You dare argue with Satan? What kind of black metal fan are you?

Oh right, yeah

A pathetic and desperate hipster

I honestly can't get into black metal. I love metal, but it's mainly for its heaviness which is something I feel a lot of BM acts lack in favour of speed, they feel more like hardcore punk bands to me. Instrumentally it seems to be based around tremolo picked guitars and blastbeats, neither of which I particularly care for. Any records that may change my mind would be appreciated.

I did start this thread because I don't know a lot of black metal fans. Just record store employees and my uncle Konrad

youtube.com/watch?v=IFLj1WFJmMA

Listen to this with a good pair of headphones. The bass is very prominent.

Try reddit. They might appreciate you more.

Bathory kicks ass. That first album was great. My favorite is probably Under the Sign of the Black Mark though.

Why do you call yourself The Birdperson
a) here, on an anonymous imageboard
and b) when you prefer to be called a queer retard

I only listened to little bits of it, but what I heard was pretty decent. Sounded like a Kill Em All era Metallica only lo-fi and with slightly goofier vocals. Is there anything a bit more doom/sludge metalish? That's what my main metal tastes are.

>Kill Em All era Metallica only lo-fi and with slightly goofier vocals
Yup. That about sums it up. Also, for doomy r sludgy, maybe early Mayhem? That guitar/bass sound is fucking thick.

youtube.com/watch?v=ionNHq0xJuQ&list=PL6D0D4943EBC53781

If you are into thrash metal, you could try some of the earlier acts like Venom and Bathory. I most recommend, Welcome to Hell and Black Metal by Venom (which basically started the genre) and Bathory's first 3 albums, Self titled, the Return, and Under the sign of the black mark. If you want heaviness, you could try some blackened doom like Elysian Blaze. One black metal band that I though was pretty heavy was Panopticon. They also have material influenced by bluegrass, ambient and shoe gaze. Not for everybody. I thought it would suck when I first checked him out and that I would get a good laugh but I ended up genuinely liking what he was doing. If you are willing to give them a try, Check out Kentucky and Roads to the north. I also thought that Mayhem was heavy, my personal favorite is the Deathcrush EP. Definitly Check out De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, that's a classic Black Metal record. There's band that I like called Amebix which is like a mix between Black metal and thrash metal and Crust Punk with a touch of oldschool gothic rock (bauhuas, Joy division kind of material). Their first album Arise! is a personal favorite of mine. They may not be totally black metal but they are really heavy and I highly recommend them. One of my favorite Black Metal records is Dark medieval Times by Satyricon. It definitely puts a larger focus on atmosphere but it isn't all blast beats and has some slower but still fast breakdown parts. This may not have been the most insightful because most of those albums are classics but If you haven't checked them out, just try them.

>trying this hard

Does anyone else here legitimately like Dark Funeral or are they too entry level for Sup Forums?

>mfw that bass tone
That's the ticket! Vocals are a tad over the top for my tastes, but I can deal.
Thanks, I might check out Elysian Blaze and Panopticon

It's an In joke from high school. The Queer Retard thing was also a joke. I just wanted to have fun with a stupid troll who goes out of their way to post on threads they know they don't like.

>Dark Funeral
To corny and overproduced. Sorry, user.

I 100% understand every complaint against them, but I just really enjoy everything they've ever done. Their live album is maybe my favorite live heavy metal release ever.

I think they are okay. The corniness is part of the fun for me.

>Vocals are a tad over the top for my tastes
Yeah, I avoided that EP because of the vocals for a while lol

So you're in high school then, queer retard? Or were those just your glory days?

I graduated a while back but I don't understand what this has to do with black metal.

You don't understand a lot about black metal, as we can see in this thread.

Anyway, here's some stuff I've been jamming lately:

Murmurs - Fædd úr Eldi (youtube.com/watch?v=nJeMoqJrhnw)
Yellow Eyes - Hammer Of Night (youtube.com/watch?v=UQjHLzIbdRQ)
Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness (youtube.com/watch?v=H5XWwLYeKfE)
Make A Change...Kill Yourself - s/t (youtube.com/watch?v=yy9qiDAzp5Y)
Abigail - Intercourse & Lust (youtube.com/watch?v=SFccewtcRlE)

Well, that's your opinion. I just like what I like.

And you like shit.

There's another pretty heavy black metal band that isn't too well known. They're called Sonic Reign. They are on apostasy Records which is mostly for death metal so they do seem like the odd man out. I'd recommend them If you want some really heavy black metal.

Again, your opinion. Not going to argue. What do you listen to that is so much better? I think that if you're going to come here to say that my taste sucks, you could at least ell me yours.

I always thought that Make a Change... Kill Yourself had the greatest band name of all time.

I bought that album on vinyl and the record store told me they had bought it in a collection from a dude a few days before he killed himself.

You can think what you want. It's an opinion, I'm not going to argue.

Just like it's my inarguable opinion that your taste is shit.

You listen to Myrkyr

That is is pretty funny in a dark, twisted way. But I live for pitch black humor.

Yes

No

5/10 for me but i'm okay with people who like it though

doom/black sludge/black?

You may like later The Ruins Of Beverast, Lord Mantis, Coffinworm
Maybe woods of ypres but i never listened to them

Good for you

You mean cringiest.

I haven't listened to them yet. I've heard about them though.

Well that's good, because your life is the stuff of gallows humor

I just thought it was a funny name.

It's not good. It's black metal for girls who shop at urban outfitters.

Opinion is inherently arguable. And you still haven't told me what you like. Don't tell me that you're a poseur. That would be so ironic and so funny.

You have an extremely entry-level taste in black metal. You namefag as if this were Reddit and refuse to adhere to imageboard culture. You are trash.

Coffinworm is so fucking good, holy shit. If you like them, you need to listen to Dragged Into Sunlight if you aren't already.

Lord Dying is basically High on Fire-lite, not really black metal.

You thought the Birdperson was a funny name too. That should tell you something.

Why would I tell you what I like? What reason do I have to do this?

It is actually. But I'm not running a vlog here, This is a music thread.

Because you are going around going on about how my taste sucks. I'm open to recommendations you know.

Coulda fooled me. Seemed like it was a way for you to personally discuss your shit taste in metal, and apparently as a soapbox for you to air your grievances about the perception of the black metal community. And about you coming out of the closet, while dealing with being mentally disabled.

That's not a reason for me to tell you what I like. Can you not think of a single good reason for me to do that?

You must conform or else I shall taunt you further. Trolls are so funny.

You're responsible for finding your music, which is why you're taste will always be shit, you fucking normie

So you are a poser who has no reason to be here? I thought so. Hey, I may have shit taste but at least I actually listen to this shit

Normie? What? are you upset that I'm not Balrog-kin or something?

So you are confirmed for shit-taste, and also using faulty logic, surprising absolutely no one at all.

Yeah you really might be better off at reddit

You come in a namefag, flaunt your babby-taste like a speshul snowflake, then get pissy when we haze you for it.

You really can't think of a single reason huh

just sad. Pathetic really

What the fuck is happening in this thread? I just wanted to discuss black metal. All of a sudden, this bird dude shows up, and insults and accusations of being a hipster poser start flying, and now the whole thread is derailed.

Dragged into sunlight is pretty good. I'm also glad to see someone here discussing black metal instead of how much I suck. They are free to do that though, I don't care. So what's your favorite album of their's? mine is Hatred for mankind.

Vektor - Blacked Future

Fuck you, poseur.

I don't get black metal, oftentimes I just can't. I can, however, dig some blackened material. Some of my favourites include:

Teethed Glory & Injury - Altar of Plagues
New Bermuda - Deafheaven
Tahoma - Alda
The Children of the Night -Tribulation
Re Un - Névoa
Lurker Of Chalice - Lurker Of Chalice

So what do I do now? Delve deeper into first wave? I'm not ready for Burzum.

What are you talking about? Birdperson made the thread.