Recent Pickups

ITT: Records/CDs/Cassettes you purchased recently.
>pic related
Got these today. Pretty pleased.

>tfw no record stores anywhere near me
>closest thing is the very limited entry level selection at a barnes & noble and even that is 40 minutes away

Damn that's rough. Barnes and Noble can have some decent stuff sometimes though. I got a Gogol Bordello record there which I thought was pretty neat, even though they're kind of bad.

is your c&l pressing as bad as mine?

i don't have c&l but this must be a trend with sufjan because the copy of seven swans i got at one of his shows is absolutely horrible

>i don't have c&l
what?
isn't the one in the pic yours?

yeah, and the anniversary edition of illinois is no better.

i am not op

oh i see

Is that the new pressing of Deathcon?

My last purchase was a 50-pack of Mofi sleeves. It's the first time I've ever handled them, and I must say it's pretty good. I also ordered one free sample of a 10" Diskeeper 2.0 for one 10" record, and I'm considering buying the standard 12" ones.

got a 99 c Shostakovitch record

W O W

bump

Couldn't find Pt. 2 of Gensho, so i just settled for Pt 1 for now.
Actor is my favourite St Vincent album, so why not.

Quite pleased, almost bought The Glowing Man aswell, maybe next time.

Picked up this for a quid, probably won't listen to it

Why

It was a quid, that's why.
:^)

getting wildflower deluxe tomorrow

Oh god, I almost thought it was the vinyl version, didn't notice the giant hand holding it.

i had the diskeeper 10" sleeves and i found that they were actually making tiny scratches so i will never buy them again

Not at home to take a picture but my last purchase was pic related.

£3. Pretty good condition.

Nice meme

If you don't dust and clean your records, the dirt will leave hairlines and scratches if you slide inside any sleeve.

thanks

Nooice

Amazon

Picked these guys up in Montreal, waiting on the Pink reissue that's shipping tomorrow I believe.

Vinyl:
Hailu Mergia and Dahlak Band - Wede Harer Guzo
Wiwichu - Zeigarnik Effect

Cassettes:
New York Taps - Goner EP
Kolumkilli - Cyprus

CDs:
Bill Evans - Empathy + A Simple Matter Of Conviction

What are your thoughts on represses? Aside from being hideously expensive of course. Do you care about getting originals?

Depends. It's really pointless buying vinyl represses of records you could find in dollar bins. It's a blessing when a rare, out-of-print record gets reissued.

I'm, for one, glad that some albums I've been looking for for years have been reissued in the past years.

Got this yesterday

Yeah, I have a thing for cheesy but well produced 80s pop which is in endless supply in charity shops, but more obscure things like The Jesus and Mary Chain albums being reissued was amazing to me. Same with Eels albums. Original pressings were insanely expensive on ebay.

hlep

If that's a bootleg, you just got cucked, cuz an official reissue was pretty much confirmed now.

my ex got me c&l and i was so happy just because it was a thoughtful gift, but man the tracklisting is FUCKED

Original UK pressing.

CRELP-060-A5 * DMM ASL TOWNHOUSE 3 MAX etc

Some more random picks from recent weeks. Only original pressings.

doubledubs checked.
also good taste

Why is it that everyone on Sup Forums has exactly the same fucking taste except for a few outliers like and

most of Sup Forums gets its music FROM Sup Forums

A few more, originals again only. Bottom middle is Main - Hz.

Because most people here don't put any effort into collecting and just buy stuff they see in retail stores, which is pretty homogenous.

A load of stuff from Italians Do It Better. No picture though.

Probably the last time I order from them though unless the £ unfucks itself.

I did some crate digging yesterday.
I found 2 other records ️️besides these 4 that I bought.

The cardboard one was still wrapped and only $1

Yeah in my copy of age of adz impossible soul is split because it was too long for just one side. The record itself is good quality tho.

Not even shitting, this is the real deal and its uploaded on my /Sufjan/ general.

Now we just need hairy amps

Most people here don't put any effort into music in general.

wel yea

björk & julee

love that slowdive - morningrise record and love the way it looks on vinyl

fucking filters.. good picks those two I meant.

To be honest I think the cover looks a bit shit (better in my photo than irl), and every image in the web does as well. Not sure why, too washed out and bad colors I guess. The actual print is still the best rendition of it though. Fantastic EP anyway.

Niggas show me your black metal

K

Just picked up Godspeed"s Don't Bend Ascend at a bookstore today

hell yeah

How much was that Slowdive record?

I assume you're in Britain too

Just picked up Godspeed's Don't Bend Ascend at a bookstore today on a whim

Everything I got since last month.

Great great picks, like everything in there, but I really love that Woo and Basil Kirchin.

The Chico Freeman cover doesn't have that ringwear, I just didn't notice how much ringwear the protective sleeve had.

Nice looking picks there too! I only recognize a couple, can you give the titles?

Oooh Maupin (I have it too) and Freeman, excellent. Ayler and Shepp ain't bad either. What's the bottom middle?

Yeah sure, from left top to right bottom

Wilson Tanner - 69
Mood Hut - Snaker 007
Andreolina - An Island In The Moon
Seigen Ono - Seigen
Felt - Forever Breathes The Lonely Word
Chimera - Lughnasa

Why would you buy trash?

Linda Sharrock - Gods

Triple LP free jazz live session from this year, good stuff.

Nice face fag

thanks user

not OP, but yeah, mine sucks dick
my pressings of Age of Adz and Illinois are fine though

1/2

I want your boipussy! Yummy!

2/2

I'm flattered, but the word "boipussy" really is a turn off

Not in yet but it's my most recent purchase, am pumped.

you are cute :3

How much was Confield?

post feet

I want deathconsciousness so so bad but shipping is fucking $40 to here

WOW! That's like two whole new albums! How about you just save your money? Or get a job.

what album is that in the bottom middle with the comic characters?

Mikami Kan - Bang

thanks

Bro and I went to a used record store a few weekends ago

goodwill run + birthday gift

yes s/t is sealed and earthbound is a uk import-- both gifts from a very good friend of mine

needed an eq so i went to goodwill (and surprisingly found one) and they had almost every genesis cd in stock (which is very lucky for me because my dad threw out all of the liner notes for mine and stuck all the cds in a booklet) + talking heads/eno + naked brothers band + some high schooler's debut ep and oh boy its fucking terrible

+sufjan, talking heads
what pressing of remain is that

all of my sufjan albums are fine actually haha

the mofi sleeves are good but overrated and overpriced IMO

nice meme

+aphex, boc

ive heard good things about galaxie i should really get around to listening to this

HHHHH

+moody blues
what's wrong with it why was it only 6 dollars

+teens of style i should get around to getting a copy of that and physicals of his other stuff
>tfw no physical release of twin fantasy

bimp

Still haven't picked anything up since my festival blitz so this is my most recent... BBNG IV comes out tomorrow though doesn't it? Probably gonna try and pick that up.

Shipping was fucking brutal when I ordered the Giles Corey pressing... for some reason they sent me two copies though so I was able to sell one off

I have the clear pressing of C&L and it fucking blows, it's coned out slightly so on Side A the label is the only part making contact with the turntable

oh shit, it still works

what did you mean by this

it still moves

Oh mY GOd iT stiLL moVES

80s-00s reissues. Found these for $1 a piece at a soup kitchen thrift store incredibly, almost had a heart attack thinking they were original presses. Still can't belive these turned up there somehow, usually the records there are really weak.

posted this before but recent pickups

That's MPP silly

+grant green
very cool cops

how is that venus and mars record? i ordered a different LP and the distributor threw in that record's empty sleeve for no reason hah

was the cocteau twins expensive?

why does your face need to be included
literally attention whore: the post