Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLxE8iDWD_w
youtube.com/watch?v=VSlQWUySc_0
youtube.com/watch?v=7Oo2H-W7d6A
youtu.be/5vgwaiScrwA
youtube.com/watch?v=9-fOpoLtj7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>still arguing for tonewoods
I hope you also wear your tone shirt, stand on your tone carpet and smoke your tone tobacco m8.

what does /gg/ think of mustangs? I absolutely adore them

Your taste in guitars is shite.

Any anons have any experience with aria acoustic guitars? Specifically the classical ones. Was thinking of picking up pic related tomorrow if it sounds good. It's a vintage model (780).

Am I good getting a Mexican stratocaster as my first electric guitar? I can play acoustic quite well just looking for a change. I've tried it out at the store and I loved how it felt to play

Yes, get one. You will not regret it.

He's right user. I own a mexi-strat and its pretty versatile. With a few mods it can be just as good sounding as an American strat.

Mooer Lo fi Machine. Anyone has it? Is it any useful or at least any fun?

Are you planning on buying new or used?
Price point?

im thinking of buying a guitar ....... im 35

How many guitars does /gg/ own?

>tfw already own 3 and getting the urge to buy more
I can't justify buying anymore but I thirst senpai.

Currently 4 basses and an EUB, but I'm selling 2 of those basses (and buying another one). After that I won't have 2 of the same kind of bass at least. Not too bad, I think.

Do you want to buy a guitar as a status symbol, to feel young again or to make up for your wasted teenage years? If so fuck off.
Do you want to buy a guitar because you're interested in music and learning an instrument? Get one, learn it, have fun. It's never too late to learn an instrument.

Does anyone here have any experience with fretless conversions? I modded my Fernandes Tremor 5 with Häussel Bassbars and a Glockenklang EQ and I'm quite tempted to go all the way and make it a fretless, but do it decently (replacing the frets with small pieces of maple as markers and finishing the neck with gun stock oil). Has anyone any experience with it? Can that be done in one day or should I take the weekend off? Any advice in general is appreciated.

I have a bass here that the previous owner defretted, and as far as I know you'll always have to reshape the fingerboard in some way because they're simply not meant to be played as festless. The fingerboard is not levelled and therefore I get massive beating around the 12th fret.

3 guitars, a bass and a mandolin. There are at least two guitars I really want but I think that might be a bit much. Might sell the bass since I don't really use it that much anymore. 2 of the 3 guitars don't have any resale value either.

>not tone toking in a circle of tone candles
i bet you clean your fingernails too

>he doesn't have a tone fedora

m8...

That's a good point. I already thought about leveling the fretboard with a 16" radius sanding block.

im really unsure at this point whether you guys are baiting or are actually so delusional that you think two different types of wood have no impact on tone.

on electric guitars the wood doesn't matter

on acoustic guitars, yes, it does.

tonewood on electric is basically a marketing meme to get idiots to buy over priced pieces of wood

holy fuck shut upppppppp tonewood tonewood tonewood
tonewood
TONEWOOD

If you could waifu a guitar, I would waifu the Mustang

I plan on owning 5, an 8 string, a 7 with a floyd, a fretless guitar, a 5 or 6 string bass, a fretless 6 string.
I don't see why I would ever need more than that.

I defreted my friend's cheap chinese 5 string. You're better off taking a whole weekend, you'll damage the fretboard if you go too fast. Get a soldering iron too, it makes pulling out the frets easier.

Can you leave a line plugged into the OUT jack of a pedal without it draining the battery?

if i had to guess i'd say you play a low-end ibanez superstrat and you brainwashed yourself into thinking you get the same sound out of your guitar an lp or any other mahagony guitar does.

heres a nice comparison for you since you dont seem to have ears
youtube.com/watch?v=OLxE8iDWD_w

yes of course, there's no closed circuit then

5 - 2 electrics, a 12-string acoustic, a classical, and a bass

My Squier Mustang came 2 days ago and it's been surpassingly great. No bridge issues like I thought I'd have.

lol my main guitar is a 76 lp custom

you do realize that two different sets of pickups are never going to be exactly the same, right? if they really wanted to "prove" that the wood matters, they would have to take the pickups and all the electronics out of one of those guitars and swap them back and forth to get accurate results

>chapman and guy who sells guitars
>implying they know what the fuck they're talking about
>implying they're not shilling

banez use basswood in almost everything, including Vai's JEM's. The problem with Ibanez is 99% of they're pickups are shite.

so you think two identical pairs of pickup can differ vastly in sound but dont think wood makes a difference? wew
sure no pickups sound exactly the same, but the difference between two identical pickups is so fucking small compared to the difference wood type makes.

coincidentally the unregularities in the pickups make the guitars sound exactly like you would expect from the types of wood though. what an interesting coincidence.

one abused ibanez gio.

of course they are shilling, but i dont think they would rig a test like this, and it should be very apparent how different both guitars sound.

you're brainwashed, you don't know what you're talking about, you are literally listening with your eyes and you are associating darker colors with warmer sounds

go read about how they make pickups and you'll realize why the same line of guitars built in the same factory sound different when you plug them into an amp

Posting a video from a company is stupid, they will do everything to try to prove their guitars are different, even lying and overestimating their products.

They've switched to using Mahogany a lot more, and their pickups in the last models (RGDIX/RGAIX/SIX) seem a bit better.
Also is it me or their new SIX are even thinner than the previous ?
youtube.com/watch?v=VSlQWUySc_0

wait, you don't hear the difference in that video?

>but i dont think they would rig a test like this

Good goyim

pickups and electronics

that's all it is, if they made a video doing exactly what i said there would be no difference between the two

I lost my russian big muff moving apartments should i pick up another one or are there nicer fuzz pedals out there?

>Posting a video from a company is stupid

yes but i didnt wanna dig long for a test so i just picked what i found first. sure its not an optimal source but i doubt they would rig a test like this and the results speak for themselfes i guess.

Who would swap a Mooer Shimverb for an EHX small clone?

Also chappers is a fat fuck that plays metal so he picks harder then the other dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Oo2H-W7d6A

if wood mattered this wouldn't sound like a strat

there is literallly no point in arguing with you.
of course pickups make up the vast majority of the sound, but the wood type absolutely has a big impact on tone, a way bigger impact than the small differences in two identical pickups make up. that test showed how big thedifference between two identical guitars with differend wood types are and the tone fit perfectly what you'd expect from those types of wood. why are you still in denial? im getting baited, am i?

so your main guitar is an lp custom which is probably worth a few thousand dollars. why do you keep that and not stick our pickups in a pile of dogshit? it would still sound the same wouldnt it?

You can't discard the source and the method when doing a precise experiment such as this one. There's too much wrong things in this video to be taken seriously.

Metal's not the only genre where no one knows what dynamics are.

Why would you swap a reverb pedal for a chorus pedal?

Get a musket fuzz

watch this and then have a mental breakdown that your tonewood bullshit is a meme. and again, you are listening with your eyes

why would i take apart a perfectly good guitar?

are you even listening? sure the pickups are a lot more important than anything else, but there is still a big fucking difference between woods.

>if wood mattered this wouldn't sound like a strat

it barely does.

>it barely does.

holy shit

Ok let's try the other way round - would you swap an EHX small clone for a Mooer Shimverb?

Why would you swap a chorus pedal for a reverb pedal?

we did watch the same video did we? that thing barely sounds like a strat. sure it gets somewhat close because as i said numerous times, pickups are the most important thing and it has the same scale lengh which is also a big thing, but its further away from a strat sound than a jazzmaster probably.

how to sing and play at the same time? my voice is shit but I dont plan on letting that stop me.

user i'm sorry but i think you're just deaf

He actually posted it

PROOF Idiots don't understand how to make a fair comparison

>arguing about tonewood

I guess anime will have to save this thread des~~

says the one who cant hear the difference between two different types of wood and thinks that that "strat" actually sounded like a strat. its pretty apparent that you're hearing impared.

i shoumdnt get fucking baited into this.
i know its bait.
why do i do this.

Practice no other way my dude

>why do i do this.

because you know you're wrong, and you know tonewood is bs kouhai

mmmhmmm, so 2:40 to 3:00 in that video where they shortly mess around with the clean sound, that doesn't sound like a strat to you? that sounds more like a fucking jazzmaster to you?

who is deaf again?

reminder that the only thing that matters is getting a clear and precise signal and everything behind can be modulated

hey guys, newbie here
I've been playing/learning acoustic guitar for couple months now,
a friend lends me his guitar (LAG) and I'm thinking of buying my own because I really enjoy this. I'm looking for used guitar.
there's this old Ovation made in Korea (1987), quite cheap
and there's Seagull mini jumbo entourage which I like the look of it. (price is 2 times the Ovation)

any advice ?
thanks

First, I'm going to post a link to a blind test here. I'm going to ask you watch the whole video so you understand how to take the test properly. If you don't pay attention to the test, you won't be able to judge how well you, personally can differentiate bodies.

Next, I'll explain the science of how the body of a guitar does change the tone. You need to understand both of these things, because there's a big difference between ANY effect and an AUDIBLE effect.

No need to post results here, but try the test and see if you get beyond some small amount of deviation. See if it was difficult or easy to guess the material in each clip. And whatever you do, follow the directions.
youtu.be/5vgwaiScrwA

>any advice?
Always use a condom.

tonewood is complete horseshit

pickups, scale length, gauge of strings make up 99.99% of the sound coming out of electric guitar.

thanks but I'm a grill, I don't wear one

Can we stop with muh tone woods already and actually talk about playing guitar

Correcto desu senpai

that video is fucking retarded

even just different angle on the pick on how it strikes the strings will give different tone out of the guitar

the strings are not even in contact with the wood, they are going into bridges or tail pieces of ferrules, you would have yet more stuff that a head of the actual body material in determining sound, fretboards do not change any tone either as the string is tensioned at the fret (metal), not the wood.

I'd like to but the only thing I can talk about is the song I'm playing.
youtube.com/watch?v=9-fOpoLtj7U
it's fun

It's also important that the audiance won't care.

it literally just sounds like he didn't adjust the pickup heights to the same height and he's picking in a slightly different location with a different angle on the pick

i'm almost positive he's not picking in the same place, i can HEAR it

There's a strumming rig used for half the samples

Look, you're right about what you say for the most part. There are vibrations, very few of them, that make it through the metal parts and into the body of the guitar. Those are the ones I want to discuss.

To be clear I'm not a tonewood advocate. All my guitars are basswood simply because it's light and cheap. I still have an interest in explaining this stuff just because I want the rest of /gg/ to do more than just trust their ears. The debate will never end that way.

user I hacked off almost the entire body and replaced it with a bent wire. It flat-out did slightly change how the guitar sounds.

Material barely matters, but it does a little bit. Having a guitar that's now like 1/4 the size it used to be will affect tone.

>There's a strumming rig used for half the samples

it's a suction cup attached to the body

is it placed in the EXACT same location on both guitars? did he use the same pick? is the angle on the pick striking the strings in exactly the same place in both examples? is that thing striking the strings at exactly the same speed? are the pickup and string heights exactly the same?

anyone who has played the guitar for 6 months knows how simple it is to angle or strike the string in different locations to get a warmer or brighter sound

Let's just call it "Sweatshop Guitar Enthusiasts Playing Through Shitty Amp Sims General", and get it over with.

>Playing
you're overestimating /gg/

post anime so the thread gets better lads

how do get gud?

play lots

practice and join a band

Play with a metronome
Learn scales
Find exercises online
Learn songs that you like slowed down with the metronome.

Tele Tomboy-chan~

Asked this in the last thread but how do I learn to play like jmascis

learn songs

once you do that a lot

go to songs that are just the chords and then fill in the rest yourself using the knowledge of what sounds good from the previous learning

Alternatively learn music theory

Can a delay pedal like carbon copy be used as a torture device?

why do so many of them have telecasters

It's the patrician's choice

max out the delay repeats, max out the mix knob, and keep fucking around with the delay timing

yep, it can be used as a torture device.

There probably easier to draw.

And maybe because Beck had a tele

Also because Teles are master race.

i heard the bass big muff was basically a russian muff
teles are shit, hang yourself. strats are so much better in every possible way. teles are if you play fucking country shit.
justinguitar.com

kys

>teles are shit, hang yourself. strats are so much better in every possible way. teles are if you play fucking country shit.

Teles are so much comfier, though. I play a Mustang which is just a snowflake Strat.

>teles are if you play fucking country shit

read as; i hide behind my gear

honestly strats are pretty comfortable as well, and they have a better sound too.

enjoy singing about fucking your sister on a truck in the middle of a cornfield while drinking 20 bottles of whiskey.

dont forget to drink bleach after

more like

read as: i have never played a tele in my life and just see a bunch of jimbobs playing it