Name a better grunge album

Name a better grunge album

inb4 the "hurdur 2 mainstream" crowd denies this is far and away the best Grunge album.

hell yeah dude
i love "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

SP aren't a grunge band

In utero and bleach shit on that

>Bleach is better than Nevermind

Confirmed for 13 years old and very edgy

While I'm not ready to call it the best grunge album, it's definitely better than Dirt and the best in Nirvana's discography

Why does Badmotorfinger get slept on so hard? That album's a fucking ten, Somewhere is the only song that's even slightly weak and it's still a good tune. Name a reason why Badmotorfinger ISN'T the GOAT grunge album (not necessarily my opinion, just think it'd be hard to argue)

I thought this was Heavy Metal

I thought this was Pixies influenced punk based pop.

how is nevermind better than in utero. I really wanna know your reasoning

>name one reason why
Superunknown

Flint - Spiderman

Because it was actually controlled, catchy, well-crafted angst, not just Kurt trying too hard and splurging vague emotions and political statements over faux-noise rock

again but without buzzwords

any of them.

>without buzz words

This is fucking Sup Forums, you want me to write two in-depth reviews of the albums? I've stopped caring to entertain your shit opinion.

comfiest grunge

Nevermind doesn't ever falter, from top to bottom it's an album of great songs. Yeah they're a little more shallow than the ones on In Utero maybe, but they're just phenomenal tunes. There's a bit of everything they could have done on there, it's an amazing collection of songs.

Nevermind is a 10, In Utero is like a 9.5. I still love it, but tracks like Tourette's and Serve The Servants feel like they're just loud and abrasive for the sake of it. Scentless Apprentice is a great song, but it's just not as catchy and pleasing as Breed. I guess In Utero was trying too hard a little bit, and fell short of Nevermind because of that. Full disclaimer, I love both albums, I just consider Nevermind the better of the two.

I'm the guy you replied to btw, buzzword guy (his buzzword argument is still pretty correct though) is someone else

good points I'll re listen to nevermind again!
ty

I mean show me bad sides of BMF, not good sides of other albums. I consider Superunkown and BMF equal or my opinion changes based on my mood - Superunkown has the better tracks, but it also has songs like Half which are meh. Badmotorfinger only has a couple absolute gems (Outshined, Slaves, JCP) but its "worst" songs are still really really solid and I actually "like" them more just because they haven't been overplayed (Room A Thousand Years Wide, Face Pollution, Holy Water)

Buzzword guy seconds this post. I'm just being a typical shit, I actually love In Utero.

Superunknown is longer. I think longer albums should be judged relatively to their length. You have to give a longer album more lee-way to hit weaker marks than shorter ones imo.

The White Album is my favourite Beatles album, but I don't pretend it doesn't have more weak points than Sgt. Pepper's (my second favourite)

For me, it's about how high the high points are and how much high there is in the album.

BMF has high points, but they don't hit as high as SU. Jesus Christ Pose is probably my favourite song and I can think of 5 songs on SU I prefer.

>Nevermind doesn't ever falter, from top to bottom it's an album of great songs.
Agreed. The only grunge album that can even compete is Pearl Jam's Ten of which the same could be said.

Those two albums are top 2 grunge albums. I couldn't argue with either of them being number one. They are in a class of their own.

Np m8, it's always nice to spread some positive opinions on Nirvana and especially Nevermind cos outside of Dark Side of the Moon I can't think of an album/band that's suffered more from becoming a fucking meme. If you say you like Nirvana you're immediately not taken seriously.

I figured hahaha, welcome to Sup Forums what else is nu

That's a fair point. I wouldn't go as far as making a point of judging them based on their length, but I agree that there is more chance to both hit and miss, and SU definitely makes up for its weaker parts with some great songs. Like I said, I can't really pick a favourite between the two, it's all down to my mood. I'd say BMF is one I can pick up and listen to whenever but SU is the one I get more into when I do. That might be because I actually prefer earlier Soundgarden as a whole, I'm a big fan of the EPs and Ultramega OK

Slightly related, Limo Wreck might be one of their most underrated songs, at least from the modern age. It does everything Black Hole Sun does but in an even grungier/darker way, great track

I'd have to disagree just cos I have a personal vendetta against PJ and Eddie Vedder's voice. Alive actually annoys me as a song.

I can definitely understand why people WOULD love it though, and Once is one of my favourite grunge songs, I fucking love that main riff