The superior duo

which one

Brian and Van Dyke

The ones that aren't a shitty rip off of the beach boys with synthesizers

They're both good bands, but I'm almost certain if you prefer the beatles to animal collective you're as normie as they come.

now user, you know the beatles never ripped off the beach boys

It's the other way around

Avey > Lennon
McCartney > Panda

right. try playing some anco and see how people react, if you think they are normie music you spend too much time in here

Mid to late 2000's Panda blows any Paul out of the water. Anything before 2003 or after 2010, though, Paul definitely wins. Paul is a lot more consistently good, but Panda has had higher highs

Panda doesn't have a Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five

The Beatles are WAY better come on man

This. I tried My Girls and Summertime Clothes, which I thought for sure were some of their most accessible normie songs, and even that was too "weird" for them.

>Panda has had higher highs
kek

Beatles > Solo Deakin = AnCo

This, normie's are fucking disgusted by literally anything that isn't top 40 easy listening shit. I played some of Danse to my gf's friends and she unironically asked if she could put on Bruno Mars

>literally repeats the same verses and bridges over and over
>blows paul out of the water

oook

Objective rankings coming through

George > Deak the Freak > John & Paul > Avey and Panda > ringo and geo

Unless you are truly interested in discovering music outside of what you're force-fed, even the most basic of what is discussed on Sup Forums comes off as weird to most, and that's understandable. It's just really frustrating.

>Avey > Lennon

Show me anything Avey's written that's on the same level as Strawberry Fields Forever, Tomorrow Never Knows or Happiness is a Warm Gun

If you didn't pick Avey and Panda you're what's wrong with the universe.

Banshee Beat, Fireworks, Spirit They've Vanished, Alvin Row, Forest Gospel, Peacebone

In the Flowers, Peacebone, Fireworks

correct answer missing

Meet the Light Child, La Rapet, Chocolate Girl

Garcia/Weir>Panda/Van>BeatleBoyz

Gee, two super fun, dynamic, innovative and talented musicians or the 60s equivalent of your average shitty boyband? I will literally never understand why people like The Beatles. Pretty sure it's because they're old. It wouldn't even be interesting enough to be memed on Sup Forums if any of their material came out these days.

Not bait b(y)t(he)w(ay)

Revolution 9

The one's that aren't literally who's

this thread is fucking triggering me

(you)

Because you know deep down inside the Beatles are a trash boy band and AnCo puts them to shame?

guys...

/thread

(not the same guy)

t. nu-male pussy faggots with shit taste

double dubs speaks

Tame Impala > The Beatles >>>>>>>>>>>> AnCo

Finally

Someone who isn't a complete goddamn pleb enters this shit thread

Just because they're old doesn't mean they're good bud. Literally 1D-tier. It's fine if that's what you like, but musically, they're just mediocre at best.

sonically AnCo is superior (that's not really an achievement tho cause, y'know, The Beatles is a 50yo band...) but when it comes to songwriting there's not even space for discussion, Noah isn't worthy of shining McCartney's shoes

>reddit high schooler impala
>"""""good"""

See

panda/avey for me

lennon and paul were still rooted in rock while panda and avey explored a lot of different sounds in psychedelic music

that doesn't mean the beatles weren't good but AnCo definitely appealed to me sonically and lyrically

>rip off Beach Boys with wacky synths and drum machines
>"""""""""""good""""""""""

Topkek

sorry friend, not in the mood for replying to bait today

>it's b8 because my 50 year old pop band isn't as good as I thought they were

I agree with your main point, but what on earth were you expecting playing Danse for normies

this thread is shit btw

>wacky synths and drum machines
the Beatles have neither of these things you stupid fuck

use less meme quotes next time you goddamn summerfaggot

>being so retarded he doesn't know him talking about AnSHIT

AnCo>Beatles>Solo Paul>Solo John>Solo Avey>Solo Panda>Solo Deak

Woops, forgot George.

AnCo>Beatles>Solo Paul>Solo George>Solo John>Solo Avey>Solo Panda>Solo Deak

the truth hurts don't it

How is that even a question? I feel deeply sorry for plebs who can't even enjoy AnCo and their incredible discography.
If you pick The Beatles, you just have to leave this board

CleArly Avey and Panda are better than the shit boys

animal collective is the best band ever if you disagree you are just objectively wrong

Just listened to Animal Collective because of this thread and I really wish I hadn't.

>(Anything involving The Beatles)>Person Pitch

No

If you genuinely think Panda Bear and Avey Tare are better than Lennon-McCartney, you need to be 18 to post here.

this

Underage kiddies with shit taste ruining this thread

It's very good, but it's a bit overrated imo and it's only one album out of his discography. Ram, ATMP, Plastic Ono Band, and many many Beatles albums are better.

Animal Collective are corny as shit

I don't understand, this is the exact opposite of what I think. The Beatles, even at their best, never seemed as interested or as complicated as early AnCo (everything before Strawberry Jam)

The Beatles are unassailable giants at the center of everything we now know as popular music. Animal Collective could've literally never existed and nothing would change. Anyone who thinks this is a legitimate debate is huffing paint.

panda has smoked more weed than paul mccartney has sung songs

>drum machines
Have you never listened to Panda's drumming?

The Nazis are unassailable giants at the center of everything we now know as modern history. Random Charity could've literally never existed and nothing would change. Anyone who thinks this is a legitimate debate is huffing paint.

Importance and fame =/= quality. Nice try tho, kiddo.

What'd you listen to from them?

Define quality.

What's the difference? None of it is good or has any lasting value outside of their tiny cult following.

>Unironically using some shitty form of consensus gentium as an argument in favour of The Beatles and against AnCo

w e w l a d

It really is just a cult circle jerk

AnCo is trash

t. feminized nu-male

you can't meme your way to hapiness user

but I can listen to The Beatles

yeah, it's awful

T H I S

Merriweather.

I dunno, it just sounds like an obnoxious mess to me.

try feels

Which one

on a related note where can i find a download for down there?

I think it's safe to say AC wouldn't exist in the way it does without the music of the Beatles or the Beach Boys. However, just like all the best artists do, they've built on the things of the past.
I am a huge fan of the Beatles, but I can't listen to Sung Tongs, Strawberry Jam, Merriweather, or Person Pitch and agree with the notion that Lennon/McCartney are better than these dudes.

STGSTV

The one not made by a talentless 16 year old and his butt buddy

how can you honestly hear stgstv and call them talentless? unless your just looking for (you)'s then congrats

abbey road easily

This whole thread is a joke John and Paul never had a bad album together. Animal Collective have like 3.

A Day in the Life kind of settles the argument that any other songwriting duo can compare to Lennon/McCartney doesn't it

I swear people who don't like AnCo are just bitter losers who are overwhelmed by them and can't get into them. Thank god I don't have this shit taste

I just think their music is total shit
They don't have a record like Abbey Road that you'd have to be not human to not like

Stop projecting

Just because people outside of your little circle jerk don't like AnCo mean we're just saying they suck just because

They fucking blow

It isn't there best. Try Feels or Strawberry Jam

Does that really matter? Would you like the Beatles if they weren't as well known?

Yup

So then why do you care that AnCo has a "cult following"?

I forgot to mention that their best are HCTI and Campfire Songs

>So then why do you care that AnCo has a "cult following"?
I don't care all that much but it is true, their fans generally have very little self awareness to the shittyness and unpopularity of their favourite band

Can you give me an actual reason that they're bad?

No one cares

We're saying they aren't nearly as good as your circle jerk thinks they are which you would never know because all AnCo fans think they're saved music or some shit

I've always felt like these two albums were connected, they are both the perfect audio encapsulation of what it's like to be young and LSD. Which one Sup Forums?

←correct answer

>because all AnCo fans think they're saved music or some shit
>wild generalizations
Maybe the highschoolers who just heard MPP think that, but not the rest of us.

AnCo is a good band, and it's perfectly acceptable if you disagree, but you seem very upset about them

Obv Spiriys. AB is just a collection of measly pop songs to put on the background and not pay attention. You actually have to listen to Spirits.

"Alvin Row"