Weird little mixture here
What's We Three like?

that arroyo seco is screams right

best drums I heard recently
the solo, I think it was in the 3rd track, made me fall in love
also paul chambers

Yea it is, nice and ragged too

Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out

>Fucking Michael Jackson, a slightly above average 80s top 40 popstar, gets a higher score than both Psychocandy and Mellon Collie
fucking kys man

>michael jackson
>bad
>smashing pumpkins
>good

stop posting any time my man

I love MJ, but he comes no where close to Smashing Pumpkins

what kind of stuff would make you use your lower ratings?

not everyone has to like 90s altrock you know

chaton is french for kitty

fav rap album?

of all time would probably be Akala's Knowledge is Power vol. 1, or How I Got Over by the Roots. Current fav is probably King of da playaz ball though. rap is far from the genre I know the most about so if you've got any recs to throw my way I'd be happy

You a big progdog?

i dunno
if it sounds shitty

>BSS over Tarkus
why

I think you got it wrong user. The stars are gold, not gray.

jesus christ

i'd like to believe this is a troll, but that's a lot of work just for one joke

How so?

tfw have 132 tabs open atm

the I know that user's feel. AND I like KC too

I'm not ready, Eddy

not baiting btw, 2.5 stars is average for me, not really good, but not bad either.

Jenny Death is the most important album of 2010's so far
lol jk

I use the same or a similar enough scale, 2.5 means I enjoyed listening, either because it's decent overall or because there's a few gems in the muck. anything above that is stuff I'd call really good

what did you think of niggas on the moon?

black metal is p good (though not as good as doom metal)

Pretty much

decent

I wish there was a way to tell RYM to start tracking artists for new releases and recs sstarting 2.5 stars in stead of 3. it'd make it easier for me to find stuff I'd like

Yeah, it makes it harder to find stuff i like, since it narrows it down too much

wait, what? i don't think the 3 stars thing is true

for example i have riff raff in my "Upcoming," and i've only rated one release by him, and it was 2.5 stars.

i checked things he was credited for too.

there may be a feature on the upcoming album from an artist you have given a 3 or above to then

either way it'd be much easier to let people decide those parameters by themselves (or hell just a "be notified about this musician" option would be fine) otherwise what's the point in allowing people to define their own rating system?

doubt that, here's another example:

a single with no extra credits, no features etc, completely bare-bones, by faye wong is in my "Upcoming" as well. i've only rated her 2.5. she has no credits on anything else i've rated other than one 2.5 rating.

...unless it's because she acted in a movie i rated higher than 2.5

in which case that's just fucking stupid cmon rifi

there's been plenty of times where albums would appear and disappear from my upcoming list when I switched the rating around between 2.5 and 3, but I guess you've proved it's a bit more complex than just that. Either way I'm in favour of allowing more personalization for it, after all it's here to be of use to us, the users.

ok here's another one

>blink-182 is in my "Upcoming"
>no features
>i've rated Enema of the State 2.5 stars and that's it
>checked all four people credited
>never rated anything by them
>checked what they're credited for
>nothing i've rated
i strongly doubt some movie i rated above 2.5 is affiliated with blink-182

Mellon Collie is a bloated piece of shit that sounds incredibly dated save for maybe three or four tracks. Stop pretending it's anything more than Billy Corgan screeching over buttrock guitars.

are they in your collection?

i have everything marked as Digital (unless i actually own it), yes. i guess that might just fuck it then