To our ears Cheetah is a continuation of the endless proof that comes with each new record that Aphex is one of the...

To our ears Cheetah is a continuation of the endless proof that comes with each new record that Aphex is one of the greatest experimental musicians the world has ever seen. Much like Iannis Xenakis's experiments in 1961 pioneering the use of computers to compose music, Aphex Twin in 2016 is a sound scientist whose tools others can't even begin to comprehend the workings of. By using a piece of impossibly rare equipment to compose an extended player, he has done what few others ever will, producing sounds out of the machine that, at the time of its creation, its designers could never have even dreamed of.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleep.com/release/74048-aphex-twin-cheetah-ep
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hehe

have you never heard acid techno before?

i mean the release it okay, but....

Jesus Christ you know nothing about "electronic music"

it's boldfaure - namedropping 20th century classical composers in place of actual knowledge or criticism is their modus operandi.

worse then montie at this point. at least he's openly a complete idiot.

Try google searching next time.

What is that supposed to imply? That I don't know Xenakis? his pieces were way more abstract and avant-garde than Cheetah so i don't know why you're even making the point in the first place

Do you think Xenakis is obscure or something?

Maybe the fact you barely even read my post, since you missed where it said "To our ears"
And then blindly believed it was me saying it
You sure are smart

To our [whose?] ears [irrelevant, you're reviewing music, you don't have to mention the organ used to listen to it] [lacks comma here] Cheetah is a continuation of the endless [how is it endless if it's still going on?] proof [examples?] that comes with each new record that Aphex [no conclusion] is one of the greatest experimental [what does this word mean?] musicians the world has ever seen [cliché]. Much like Iannis Xenakis's experiments in 1961 pioneering the use of computers to compose music [examples?], Aphex Twin in 2016 is a sound scientist whose tools [examples?] others can't even begin to comprehend the workings of...

should we keep going or

Why even say the opinion if you don't even think it?

Don't worry newfags, one day you'll learn.

bleep.com/release/74048-aphex-twin-cheetah-ep

>Calls people newfags
>Listens to aphex

haha

so why did you make this thread?
you know that plagiarizing a work is nonacademic as fuck, right?
also, what were you doing on that site?

>also, what were you doing on that site?
Newfag.

>I like to get a biased view of an artist because i like to feel special and patrician

>Inb4 newfag just because i don't go and read release descriptions like a total autist

I thought you read classical journals and not pop sites?
I thought you considered reviewing music a serious art? why are you stealing someone else's work?
newfag is a Sup Forums therm, do you go to Sup Forums?
why are you evading my questions?

i really don't see how that's really impressive, and i like aphex. finding pieces of old gear and "hacking" into them was common practice in the 90s and early to mid 2000s in the experimental electronic scene (particularly in places like germany and amsterdam) - like, pretty much everyone on emego were doing it.

honestly i don't see why retro fetishism and using a piece of "obscure" gear should completely judge it's worth considering he fact that it ended up sounding like your standard (yet well made) acid jams. like this shit could have come out on bunker.

it's almost like these sites were trying to sell you something

None of it is impressive, it's very marketable though.

Then why fucking post it you retard

i'm aware.

okay, i'm confused now. this is diametrically opposed to what you said in the op.

Look at that the teenager doesn't understand shitposting

You all took the bait so hard lol

you sure are smart

so do you like the ep or...

>say something wrong
>people say it's wrong
>evade all the arguments and just say "lol i just baited you ha" so your ego can still be intact

Really saved that one boldfag

Still haven't checked the link kid?

>boldfaure was only pretending to look stupid!

t. the worst tripfag on this board

What?
i know about the link, im not blind

it's still wrong, are you really that pissy that people corrected it?

t. Montiefag

I posted it because it was total pseudo-intellectual shit you idiot.

why didn't you clarify?

Because wordy posts like "HOly shit guys check out what Bleep wrote: " are fucking cancer

So you wanted to be laughed at? Explains why you are still using a trip, you have a humiliation fetish

Sure kid, I'm the one who got humiliated.

there are 9 posters in this thread, none of them agreed with you, and now you said you were joking and that we were humiliated.
what?