Holy fuck

they hated it

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/02/the-avalanches-release-new-song-and-video-and-reveal-full-album-details
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf, aphex twin had a new album come out?

an 8.5 is way too generous to begin with

they were praising it the whole time.

agreed
after 16 years its pretty disappointing to see the results of all of that waiting

Lol, this album is a 6/10 at best.

that review reads like a 9.

>8.5
>hated
holy shit are you fucking retarded?

ya it's tight
that's coming from an aphex twin fan though.

I've been waiting for him to release some more chill things. That's my favorite side of him.
However, to drift on topic,I haven't listened to the new avalanches album, and I usually hate p4k reviews, but this section stood out:

>And working with samples means submitting yourself to a longer timetable. Because while Jarvis Cocker might pick up a guitar and write eight songs in two days, building music from other music means you have to do a lot of listening. Which means sampling artists spend a great deal of time engaged in the same activity as their audience—driving around with the radio on, poised by the turntable, dropping a needle, clicking around on YouTube, walking around with headphones. And there are no shortcuts.

I find this to be true, this is coming from a musician that doesn't use many samples. But that doesn't mean you can wait around for a good sample, you have to have the ear for it. That's what separates you from everyone else using samples/

Good

Name a better album

Holy fucking shit dude

well, it's been fun guys. see you in another 16 years.

mmmm yeah eat that fucking bait right up

Since I Left You

>haha I was just pretending to be retarded!

>66250638
this is what I personally rated it, so good job for once pitchfork

Since you left me what..?

>8.5
>AAAAAHHHHHHHH
>Electroswing
>Fedorites cumming everywhere

Fuck p4k

DEEZ NUTS

The review was actually pretty good and well-written. And the main criticism was the same thing most of Sup Forums has been complaining about - the rapper features.

I can't believe I'm defending P4k

>getting triggered by an album
how autistic are you?

>implying you were waiting for 16 years
come on man

youre basically the fedora tipper in that picture

This thread isn't even about music, it's about how autistic OP is.

They said they'll be releasing all the music they've been working on for the past 16 years within the next year. A vault, so to speak

Source

Speaking with Lowe in their first interview in 16 years, the Avalanches revealed they have a “vault” of unreleased music. In fact, they cut some big-name collaborations from the final record, including August Darnell from Kid Creole and the Coconuts, Luke Steele from the Sleepy Jackson and Empire of the Sun, Jens Lekman and Connan Mockasin.

They said they planned to package up and release much of their unreleased work from the past 16 years “and then the slate will be clean to release new music”.

theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/02/the-avalanches-release-new-song-and-video-and-reveal-full-album-details

tbf, it is a pretty low score for an album this highly anticipated/long in the waiting. They usually give shit like this a 9.0+ regardless of how good it is automatically.

See: m b v

(I'm pretty sure anyway.)