Where were you when you realized Government Plates was the best album by DG ever?

Where were you when you realized Government Plates was the best album by DG ever?

it's still notm user
and on gp is the best song they've done

Notm is the best but GP is still very great

guess ya spelled worst wrong mate

I'll have to let you know once that happens

worst is fashion week followed by exmilitary

It's not the best, BUT when I first got into DG and I heard everywhere that it was the weakest album, I was surprised when I first heard it because it was preddy goood.

Tbh, I enjoy DG because they don't have a single "bad" ep or lp release despite some weaker tracks on some. No memes, no bullshit. I can put a random DG song and not a single one will annoy me or make me want to turn it off.

i feel the same way for the most part, with the exception being Bootleg

jenny death is pretty garbage

I was in my car listening to Anne Bonny.

I don't need ya help

I was overflow

I did and then I listened to notm

I was jacked up on 5 cups of coffee prowling the streets like a madman and it hit me

In my room listening to Death Grips.

Good to know their are others in this plebhole that can recognized the genius of government plates. Sadly they've yet to come close to topping it and probably never will

everytime I see someone put GP as their last or second to last favorite dg record I die a little bit inside

Call me a pleb, but I i'm not a fan of Big House at all. Stops Government Plates from being a classic in the same vein as NLDW or Ex-Military

am i the only one who thought every album got successively worse after exmilitary?

Not at all, I thought Ex-Military was their best album

>the album that contains inanimate sensation, the powers that b, on gp, and the underrated scaruffi-approved masterpiece of beyond alive
>garbage

i'm probably a pleb but it felt like their albums quickly became, well, ''meme'' albums that were basically a huge case of the emperor having no clothes

damn, that's one of my favorite tracks
the build at the beginning is pretty hype

>>GP best album by DG ever
the second half was really good anyway. I think it was underrated since there seemed to be a sudden increase in output with no love deep web dropping not long before gp did so there wasn't much anticipation, and some reviewers (fantano) brushed it off at first.

Where were you when you realized Government Plates was Death Grips' Magical Mystery Tour?

I still love NLDW, TMS, Powers that B, GP and Bottomless Pit but there's something about Ex-Military that I appreciate a lot more than the others. I think it's that Ex-M has the most raw rap sound compared to the more experimental sound of later releases

back in 2013 I realized that

I enjoy all DG releases thoroughly, but I gotta Exmilitary has to be my favorite too. It's just so raw, aggressive, I get so pumped. The guitar work is so consistent and works so well.
When it first came out too, I remember how it took awhile for it to really click with people. It took me a good 3-4 listens to feel all the songs. They were/are something new to music for sure.

Why the fuck is Abbey Road after Let it Be? And how come Yellow Submarine isn't on there?

also
>implying that Fashion Week isn't DG's "Magical Mystery Tour" since they're both technically soundtrack albums

jenny death.

>Why the fuck is Abbey Road after Let it Be?
jeepers

imo beware is their best track, on gp is their second best track.

Exactly this

not from /mu

a few questions

how do you rank their work?

who is the peron licking on the new bot pit album vids?

is 'more than the fairy' a single or is it apart of an upcoming album?

>best song
>not beware

When did you realize then TPTB > GP > BP > NLDW > Exmil > TMS?

TPTB > GP > NLDW > Exmilitary > NLDW > TMS > BP (still an 8/10)

I hope there's another album in the vein of More than the Fairy, the track is fucking great

In my car

I feel like people really overrate Exmil. I like it's rawness, but I find it hard to compare this album with stuff like NLDW, where their sound is a lot more realized.

This. I'm about to drive from Jacksonville to Nashville and I plan on jamming GP at least three times on the way. It fucking goes hard in the whip.

>NLDW > Exmilitary > NLDW
>NLDW > NLDW

hmmmmmm

but he's right

Whoops, been staying up a long time