APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE.

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/the-avalanches-wildflower-2016-flac-t12904600.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yisss

Listening to it now for the first time.

Tell me what i think of it.

sorry pitchfork for ever having the slightest hope that you would fight back against the hype and give that electroswing garbage the 0.0 rating it deserves

meme album

Really meh

meh

Went from hyper maximal plunderphonics to bland throwaway "sound of the summer" crap.

>giving a fuck about p4k
>not making your own opinion

The fact is everyone's own opinion should be "3/10"

no

I guarantee you it is like two people max who keep posting this in literally every Avalanches thread and I want you all to think about how sad that is. It's more forced than the OBND meme.

I'M HUNGRY
I NEED SOMETHIN TA EAT

Not memorable, I've listened to this three times and I can't remeber any song besides Frankie Sinatra. This is like a 6

>not loving Because I'm me
She had me at Hiiiiiiiiii :3

I didn't expect them to have the same sound, being as a couple members left the band.

I liked them initially because of the samples they used in Since I Left You, in this new album the samples still deliver, but lyrically, it falls short.

are you serious? i dont understand. this album is full of memorable moments imo. i dont know all the track titles (havent paid attention to that) but if i just put on a random track my brain immediately goes "oh shit i love this one". i love almost every track basically

opinion: Wildflower is damn close to being as good as SILY

Got this on vinyl, but does it work on vinyl or is it a "one long song" album?

>one track is electroswing
confirmed for just hopping on the hate bandwagon

actually
>no track is electroswing

it is a one long song type of album, but the transitions make sense (i.e. folkstar and colours having really defined transitions) so usually if it was a song that kinda stopped before the next track its an end to a side

this album does not deserve above a 6 objectively speaking but of course p4k doesnt rate music based on its quality but on its buzz-worthiness

Okay, even if you like SILY more. This album has far more memorable moments. Every track is unique and stands out from one another. I've only heard the album a few times and could recite the track order (minus some transitions probably) from my head perfectly.

>This album has far more memorable moments.
>every track is unique and stands out from one another
not true on both accounts

um, well excuse me, um um, well excuse me, um

Mediocre album. Have thought so from the beginning.

Thanks, I'll give it a spin later.

you don't think so? it's all perspective at the end of the day

there a version w/out the rap features on it?

kek

Had my first listen yesterday and I totally agree with this review. It doesn't flow as well as SILY and its not as melancholy at parts, but its still shows they have the capability of mixing sounds and introducing artists into their stuff. For a group where you had to wonder if they were a 1 album wonder, I think this album was doomed from the start when it came to its expectations, but they still managed to make some great music.

>Still caring about .5 scale reviews
>Caring about pitchfork anyway

Grow up.

Even if they did Since I Left You part II this board would hate it.
Things change. Move on you piece of shit.

>I can only think in memes

Name one track that's similar to another track minus the songs that are basically a part two to the other track (which still have something that stands out about them).

SOWWY ^_*

rly good album

inxy what were your thoughts on the marcel and nme reviews

too harsh or nah?

This is the only logical comment on here. Everyone else on Sup Forums is either trolling or being too reactionary. Of course it was never going to top SILY, but its a pretty tight album. Not too much more to be said.

WHO IS THE NIGGA IN CHARGE OVER HERE?

where can I listen to this besides apple music

I'm on my second listen. I had only heard the youtube version of Frankie Sinatra before going into this, which I didn't like at all. I want to say something redeeming about this album, but it's really hard. It sounds incredibly messy and allover the place. I get lost when trying to hone in on the melodies.

So far I only somewhat like Wildflower, Light Up and Kaleidoscope Lovers. If I Was a Folkstar would be alright if there wasn't too much fuckery going on. Frankie Sinatra sounds like really annoying, subpar circus music, and the rest is very messy and forgettable. All the rap deliveries sound really out of place, as well. In theory, this record should be absolutely amazing. The Wikipedia page goes on and on about drawing inspiration from the Beach Boys, counter-culture and psychedelic music, but what does that matter if they can't stick to a melody for more than 30 seconds? Really disappointing.

This time they knew they'd be putting it out on vinyl and would sell like hotcakes so I think they designed the order of the album with that accommodation in mind, I'm listening on vinyl right now and I'd say it's probably easier to get lost in the flow of this album and be FLOATED when you don't have to flip over the record three times but as a more active listening experience it works just fine, the places where each side ends and starts makes sense. Sound quality is excellent too

Everywhere now mang, it's out today

proof that the album is bad

its not on spotify in my region

That is unfortunate.
kat.cr/the-avalanches-wildflower-2016-flac-t12904600.html

ty

>Source
>What.CD

Say thank you to your masters you peasant pajeet dogs

I personally like it more than SILY, I'm a sucker for that psychadelic shit

This is my opinion, as well. And the second half of the album after Wildflower plays clicks more for me than SILY ever did.

I like better Pink Floyd than Wildflower, but thats just my opinion