Holy shit. Just listened to this for the first time

Holy shit. Just listened to this for the first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUXhBw7nL2o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fucking godtier

I was not expecting so much power. Definitely one of the greatest records of the 90s.

PLEASE SHUT UP

MY BRAIN'S A BURGER AND MY HEART'S A CHARCOAL.

Literally my favorite album ever made.

I probably listen to Truckers Atlas everyday

No one cares about shitty rapist music

This album makes me feel sad but I don't see it as a particularly sad album. I think it's partially nostalgia. Anyone else know this feel?

bankrupt on selling is pretty sad to me

ITT: embryos

>Definitely one of the greatest records of the 90s.
>Just listened to this for the first time.
>Definitley
>Greatest

This. Everyone here thinks they're fucking Robert Christgau or some shit, it's hilarious

THIS PLANE IS DEFINITELY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN

>tfw saw them live and you saw them play doin the cockroach

whiner-core

I haven't heard it in over 5 years but I still get those drums stuck in my head at least twice a week.

Lol once you notice Issac's awful disgusting lisp spitting into the mic he was recording into, you can't unhear it

You should stop finding excuses to dislike things.

how would you not notice that immediatly
lol

>Ba dum ba dum da dum tsk tsk dum da

Well sorry if a horrible speech deformity isn't on my checklist of what makes music good. It doesn't sound good. Their later stuff became OKAY, because the producers minimized the lisp.

It's fine dude I'm just making fun of you for being easily triggered.

sounds like a reasonable reason IMO

please shut up

I just feel like so many of you fags are happier to find something to shit on than you would be listening to anything. I'm not saying listen to shitty music or listen to stuff you don't like, but please consider that it might be more rewarding to be patient and forgiving with music rather than bitter.

>you will never see early angry garage-y modest mouse live

I love Isaac's voice.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Lol yea this band is corny as fuck
>DOIN THE COCKOROACH YEA
shut the fuck up annoying faggot

>yea this band is corny as fuck
that isn't what he was saying
he was pointing out that it's unreasonable to say a record is one of the best of its time after 1 listen

Well it is possible if you're diverse in the genre but rare for instance the first time I heard big L's first album I knew he was probably the best mc ever. However this band is cheesy if anything the moon and whatever is better

>The Moon and whatever is better

The fact that you don't even know the album title shows you haven't listened to it, which means you get your opinions from retards on /r/indieheads or some other place that glorifies that boring af album. LCW is 10x better than anything else Modest Mouse has ever released.

When you grow up bipolar in poor, dysfunctional, Midwest families you have some right to whine imo. Not like this Will Toledo yuppie who cries non stop and is considered the next best thing.

Or it means I'm not a Stan and I haven't listened to it in a long time clearly I'm not a huge fan if I'm shitting on the crowded west just some good songs

>corny
>listening to rap
>Stan

how about you fuck off back to KTT

WELL LATE LAST WINTER DOWN BELOW THE EQUATOR THEY HAD A SUMMER THAT WOULD MAKE YOU BLISTER

Nah I think it's a very sad album, it's very energetic though so I get how some people might not see it.

WELL, COWBOY DAN'S A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE COWBOY SCENE, HE WALKS TO THE RESERVATION, DRINKS AND GETS MEAN

Probably the least consistent album I've ever heard. The second half is unlistenable aside from the start of Truckers Atlas and It's All Nice

there's not a bad song on this album
the last 4 songs are all incredible and long distance drunk is patrish as fuck

>Knowing shit is lame as fuck and still listening to it
Lol your a fucking clown, raps more intellectual than this faggot loser reject indie shit, you sound like a Stan
Never been there but how about you fuck off back to being a beta your whole life white pussy

welcome to 1997 I guess

Trailer Trash, Long Distance Drunk and Shit Luck are all 10/10 though

>Trailer Trash
wasn't really counting that one
LDD is pretty boring and Shit Luck is just filler, it's okay, but just filler

Polar Opposites is anything but incredible, it's just a basic riff with some melancholy lyrics
If you're not someone who puts a lot of importance on lyrics a lot of the album falls flat

>lame
>clown
>Stan
you don't belong here take your nigger speak somewhere else.

>rap
>intellectual

pick one

LDD is the peak of the hazy, meandering song structures on the album, with hypnotic repetition. If you think it's boring you missed the point.

Shit Luck is filler.

It should've just been a b-side or something.

that element gets pretty boring around 90 seconds in, if I'm pretty zoned out its alright, otherwise i tend to skip it, I can see why people like it though, unlike polar opposites

I still haven't

GODDAMN I HOPE I CAN PASS HIGH SCHOOL

polar opposites is a catchy pop song with good lyrics
it's not hard to like

>Y-You're hyped for Strangers to Ourselves Part Two, r-right user?

yeah i sorta am
jeremiah said it's supposed to be weirder so i'm going to assume they're not releasing it just for money like strangers
youtube.com/watch?v=tUXhBw7nL2o isaac apparently made this last year

How do you not notice that instantly

I honestly don't hear it at all

Fuck off and go listen to these faggot rappers who have done literally jack shit in their life rap like they're some real threat to anyone.

>Kodak Black
>Lil Yachty

Raps' most hyped prospects are a poser manlet and a literally autistic person. GG

can anyone explain the appeal of this album? it did nothing for me, i'm really curious

Same. Vocals are total shit.

and my heart is slowly drying up!
DUN
patata pet budum tiss tiss budum budum bum
I GO TO COLORADO

cant get into modest mouse

gay gay gay
>shit luck is just filler
FUCK you you piece of shit go listen to your anemic post-rock

the appeal is it's good

you know that quote by david byrne? “The better a singer's voice, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.”
isaac's voice fits the music

if you can explain how those vocals aren't complete shit I'll eat a horse's ass and move to Cuba

the energy in the vocals is great, he gives his heart to almost every line and the screaming is perfect
you just don't like his voice

look I really want to like it I do and I have no problem with crazy cocals. It's just every time I try to start listening I get really annoyed in a few minutes and turn it off, just seems obnoxious and twerpy. Maybe I just had to be there or maybe I'll really get into them in a few years or something idk. since that was a half answer I'll just do the horse part

First time I listened to it I didn't like it at all. Then I revisited it a few months later and loved it. I think that I had too high expectations since the only discussion of the album I saw was, "best modest mouse album ever!!!!"

what are good vocals
i personally think the lisp is great
is PiL good vocals? Shellac? Pavement?

what do you consider their selling points?

>Lol yea this band is corny as fuck
>>DOIN THE COCKOROACH YEA
>shut the fuck up annoying faggot
shut the fuck up annoying faggot

>Well sorry if a horrible speech deformity isn't on my checklist of what makes music good.
You have a fucking checklist for what makes good music?

Good grief you're a fucking faggot