Who's the half-life 3 of music?

Who's the half-life 3 of music?

all lights fucked

Up until recently, the Avalanches

Previously, Wildflower.

tool

Now that mbv and wildflower happened, and dr Dre skipped detox, probably Portishead

Why would you say so?

Do anyone actually listened to Chinese Democracy ?

Definitely Tool's LP5

System of a Down
Hum
Sunny Day Real Estate
:(

guns & roses

I imagine anyone dumb enough to want to listen to it can't figure out how a pc works to respond to you.

>Third reply is the first number to have a 3....

You know what that means

Back to
>>>Reddit

For you?

Oh fuck off, it's an old stupid meme.

Because it was a legendary album which was in the making for ages, constant hype and fall, teasers e.t.c. however Wildflower is out now.
But yeah now it's more like Tool

>>>/Reddit/

Well it was Guns N' Roses with Chinese Democracy for a long time. Now it's probably Tool.

a new NMH album
>both stopped at 2
>both aren't gonna happen

I still can't believe mbv happened sometimes user

it trips me out to this day

Stampede of the Disco Elephants

>muh moosic is superior to urs so u r dum

New cLOUDDEAD
>inb4 Blurryface

Did you not listen to Ferris Wheel on Fire?

Aphex Twin

>recorded in early 2000s
>released in 2011
it doesn't really count

slint LP3 dear Lord please make it so

Free Salamander Exhibit

Also

Chinese Democracy = Duke Nukem Forever

Wildflower = The Last Guardian

It was a collection of unreleased tracks, nothing new in there

Fair enough. I saw them in their 2013 tour in January, in Boston. There were some cringe worthy assholes in the audience

Someone literally shouted "the entire population of the board Sup Forums is here", and there were a couple of times where people tried heckling. I'm not exaggerating or joking. I got pretty pissed off

I don't blame Jeff for not wanting to be in the music scene anymore-- it must be really uncomfortable constantly dealing with people who think you're some kind of messiah, and people who just want to bully/utterly mock you

Honestly I think we should just appreciate the work we've gotten from the band and let them live their lives with privacy and peace

same, I really don't need to hear anything else from Neutral Milk Hotel. If they decide to record new music, I'd be happy, but they already released two albums that changed and defined indie music.

There were guys wearing Fantano masks at the Manchester show

Not even kidding

define indie music
explain how NMH changed and defined it

Good point but suprised no one has said Frank Ocean.

I saw them in August 2014 and it was probably the least "Sup Forums" crowd of a "Sup Forumscore" artist I've seen, especially compared to Swans and Deafheaven.

A Death Grips concert would probably make me want to kill myslef.

>mfw it will never happen

I think I overstepped by saying "changed" but defined is probably right. It's one of the seminal indie records, beloved by countless fans, etc.

listen to In the Aeroplane you faggot

i already have. answer my question
define indie music
explain how nmh defined indie music
>It's one of the seminal indie records, beloved by countless fans, etc.
yeah okay we already know that

I guess that's my point, it's a seminal indie record. When you think of NMH you immediately think of indie rock. It's pointless to try to plainly define indie music imo.

ok dont go around throwing words and statements you dont know the meaning of or can't back you fucking piece of shit walking piece of trash

It's the influence that the album had and has and it's popularity. You can say that it defined indie music in the same way that Nirvana defined grudge

wew lad kool it with that edge you might cut yourself if you're not careful

okay how though?

New necrophagist album

>releases groundbreaking first album
>follow-up a few years later which is essentially a higher-budget, more polished version of the first
>third album is promised for ever and ever, never arrives

Without the influence that the album had there wouldn't have been other "seminal" indie albums, such as The Glow Pt.2. That's why the album is important, because of the influcence it had on other artists

Dennis Wilson's Bambu

lol chill this is the music board

The original SMiLE

dont worry user, 2017 is going to need its special comeback album, Portishead will get their time to shine

the neutral milk hotel bandcamp
where the fuck are those pay what you want downloads Jeff, i don't wanna have to hunt for vinyl rips of variable quality
it's prolly never happening, dude barely knows how to operate a cell phone

I saw Death Grips in Toronto, I swear to god there were people wearing Anthony Fantano temporary tattoos and one particular autist even made his own "have a sad cum bb" patch that he pinned to his shirt

16 years. Not just 16 years of hiatus, but 16 years of "an albums coming we think"

Dre

*sigh* fucking this

>>>/reddit/

>>

he would be my answer

it's a shame they've disappeared again once more, still jam MBV too regularly, probably more even than Loveless nowadays

it was mbv then wildflower and now i have no idea

Nirvana's In Utero successor.

Blank Banshee

Blank Banshee

tool

>Releases two albums
>last one is fucking amazing
>never make anything else

Literally the Half-Life of music

this

This would be true if Jeff Mangum released two more EP's to follow up ITAOTS, and then hyped up a third album till everyone was jizzing themselves before disappearing

DOOMSTARKS
Madvillainy 2

its been like 4 years, people are just impatient. not even close to on par with the wait of the others in this thread

an album from nmh

you cannot deny this

>CTRL + F "the wrens"
>"0 results"

You guys are scrubs.

>Half-Life 2
>Amazing

Not long enough

Deltron Event II.

New Necrophagist and Wintersun