Wiwichu - Zeigarnik Effect

Cassettes:
New York Taps - Goner EP
Kolumkilli - Cyprus

CDs:
Bill Evans - Empathy + A Simple Matter Of Conviction

Also ordered the Boris - Pink reissue a while ago, hopefully it comes soon

>collections
Nearly have every Jethro Tull record up until 1979, just missing their debut and Minstrel In The Gallery

protomartyr is beautiful

love that album

I'm seeing them live this Saturday can't wait.
I usually don't give much of a fuck about color vinyl but oh my the color is so lovely on this LP. also came with cool artwork.

i'm jelly. have fun user

A lot proggier than usual, though saying that a few weeks ago I picked up The Snow Goose and Pat Metheny's Bright Size Life

that's some nice packaging

recent pick ups

discogs.com/user/Kelmourne/collection

Pick this up today, Relics and Fragile sound great but Time Out has a few scratches and a skip in it

Friend gave me his pink edition of Filth as a going away gift. Bought at a record shop in Ireland in 1990.

Only found out that these 3 DCD albums were being reissued on vinyl on Tuesday, to be released today and they've already arrived. Top left is the garden of arcane delights that I got off of discogs. So now I just need Spiritchaser and the collection's complete

>reissues

I really wish my autism allowed me to buy pressings that weren't original

That's cool as shit, why are you leaving them?

Moving to Minnesota to transfer universities. Real bummed, as he was the one person who shared the same taste as myself.

That sucks man but that record is great and that colour is neat as fuck

doesn't make a big deal of difference to me.

It really depends on weather you collect records for the collection or for the sound

Came in the mail just today.
Two corners are a bit bent but that's airmail for you.
Sounds great on wax.

>recent pickups
Faces edition, I guess

Recent stuff, 1/3

2/3

(original pressings only in all)

A few more from last weeks. Not everything, just some highlights. Bottom right is discogs.com/Herbert-And-Dani-Siciliano-So-Now/release/54378

explain yoself

That car seat headrest

Dieing fad general?

Vinyl records have been in constant production for nearly a century, dip

They sell they latest indie flavor of the month for 20-30$ at the vinyl section of every chain bookstore/coffee shop. Remember all the vinyl threads that use to he on Sup Forums 24/7 that are now cut down significantly? Face it, this bubble has popped and everyone who was originally apart of it is running far away from it.

This was always just a commercial meme.

Sup Forums in general is dying that's why there's less threads.

also yea LPs are expensive this hobby isn't for the poor.

Bump

Non pop albums will be discouraged when the artists realize they don't want to live on $12,000 a year. Support your favorite musicians by buying vinyls. Even if you never listen to it on the stereo or touch it, it's worth it imo.

Saw them a few weeks ago at Sled Island, Agent Intellect didn't really click with me but I really liked them live

Thorens td160 with a denon dl-110
Schiit mani preamp
Yamaha as500
Polk monitor 10s with rebuilt cross overs

recent pick up Alice in chains Unplugged

genuinely interesting taste
im gonna check out the 3 LPs of these four that i dont know

also how does that thinking fellers compare to their other records?

posted this before (twice) so this'll be the last time but...

recent pickups o mine

Good picks my friend

>Tfw there's finally a copy of Young and Courageous on Discogs
>tfw $60

Shit taste coming through

thanks m8. it's all noise rock, big black is well known in the genre

i wouldn't call that tful ep essential in their discog since most of the songs are on mother of all saints but there's a cool cover of a caroliner song. i'm a big fan of them so i've been trying to collect all their stuff on vinyl

Reposting from yesterday, last few weeks of pickups.
Also Music Complete, Viet Cong. Have OPs of Bookends, Court and Spark, and Blue on the way.

Also, looking for a recommendation for a new phono pre-amp, will be used with a NAD 310 amplifier and a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut TT.

oh fuck yes i was hoping it was all in the same vein. I'm looking for more less-Sup Forumscore noise rock and hardcore.

I'll pick up that EP, i've heard Mother of All Saints and Strangers from the Universe and liked both

nice clouddead
have you listened to Ten? if so what do you think of it in comparison to s/t

My lastest pickups. Deafheaven's debut is GOAT, better than Sunbather tbqhfam

yeah, all their stuff is great but i'm a bigger fan of their earlier outputs as well. definitely check out their first 3 albums, especially Lovelyville and i highly recommend Admonishing the Bishops EP for something more similar to Strangers. if you're looking for another band like them check out Trumans Water

ah cool, just got that Admonishing EP plus all your recent pickups on slsk. very cool. thanks

Nice copypasta

Yes I have. I really like it as well. It's different, for lack of a better term 'poppier', more focused sounding overall, with a stronger emphasis on vocals. I still think s/t is better due to it's sheer creativity and sonic pallete though.

This is what I'm spinning rn

I have like 300 records of all kinds of weird old stuff, even a german christmas album!

First pick up was a 50-pack of mofi sleeves. First time using them, they're pretty good.

see thats interesting, i found the lyrical / vocal focus of Ten to make me like it more than s/t. maybe I should listen to s/t again though, I gave Ten a lot more attention.

did s/t vinyl set you back a lot?

>not spinning chinese post atmospheric blackened shoegaze dream pop

*Last pickup

>Dynagroove

Don't that sound like shit

It set me back a little bit, not too bad though, cLOUDDEAD has been my grail record for a while so it's worth it to me. It's the Mush 3xLP pressing, and cost me €47 to get it shipped to Australia. I might've been able to do a bit better if I kept looking, but ah well.

I think Ten might be a more accessible album overall, due to it having less of the focus on soundscapes.

I get having a grail record, totally worth it (looking at my Fiona Apple and DJ Sprinkles wax) but that's annoying about shipping. I always feel bad selling my records internationally on Discogs because even when its the correct shipping it still seems astronomically high.

And yeah, Ten is certainly less about atmosphere. Fun album but just a different type of sound.

>tfw want to save money for a better setup, but records I've been wanting for a long time have been reissued recently

Fuck this, I just bought Ulver's Perdition City.

+Bruce Springsteen

what do you plan to upgrade? I want to get a new TT I'm over the crappy built in preamp on my at lp 120

I want a decent receiver and a pair of speakers. Right now I'm running my LP120 in a crappy set of active speakers that hiss a lot

Got this two days ago. Only $17

These RTI plastic inner sleeves are the best

120 owners, I have a shitty LP60 and want your input.

I own it solely because my girlfriend wanted to get into vinyl and bought a Crosley, which I summarily got her to return and buy something less destructive. I had no interest in building a record collection of my own, but I'd become aware of their reputation through Sup Forums. Surprisingly it's served us perfectly well, but she's lost interest in records while I've become far more interested in them as a hobby. I want to upgrade, would you say the LP120 is a reasonable step up, or would you say I should steer clear of it and find something else?

Maybe you'll want a bigger step-up. If you save up a little, you could get a Debut Carbon.

By bigger I meant better

fuck

if I could do it over again I'd get a music hall mmf 2.2 instead of the 120

nice

stanton st.150 and some shitty speakers here

Would anyone be able to rec me a decent turntable? I need to replace my shitty automatic. Something between £200-£300 would be ideal.

Pro-ject Carbon Debut

I saw that when I was looking the other day. Do you think it's worth the £70 advance on the Rega RP1?

>car seat headrest
>Parquet Courts
> tfw still waiting for my shit to arrive

Can't speak from experience, sorry. I've only EVER heard good things about them though. Do some research and see if other anons have any further input.

Thanks user. Will do!

>tfw

fuq u
imma get it

yes

same

Buying LP's is dangerous, it costs a lot of money. I have nine of them, but I had to settle for a CD of 'Wildflower'. Just couldn't do it, putting that much money on a record. I'll eventually start collecting it if I get a real job sometime in the future, but if you're young, be careful with spending all your money on this. However, some of you might be lucky and not live in a shitty town that doesn't have a record store, where you can find some gems for a decent price.

>Alcest
>Feels

I'm very okay with this. I was about to buy Souvenirs... LP too but I'm short of cash.

>Sacramento
im screwed!!!

I live in bumblefuck nowhere upstate NY and buy most of my stuff off discogs yea it sucks

Tell the truth. did you get Fragile just for roundabout? I know I did.

Just bought a turntable (AT-LP120-USB), here are the first two records I bought.

Also, I'm a fucking idiot, I didn't have speakers so for now I have to use my headphones which have no volume control. The level is fine for now but I'm definitely getting speakers and a headphone amp later.

Newfag to vinyls, but my shitty old nowhere town just had a place called Rasputin Records move in and I recently acquired a turntable.
Apparently Rasputin also has a few locations in the bigger cities, has anyone had experience with them before and could let me know if it's a good place to be looking?

pleb

it's my first 2 records

you don't expect me to get some retarded obscure shit for my first 2 picks

The best way to find out is just to go in and look.. if they sell second hand records, just check them out and see if they look clean before you buy them.
Anyway, its fun going into record stores anyway, even if you dont anything..

how much you pay for King Crimson?

Wanted to get some newer stuff in HMV but it's hilariously expensive.

$25

10/10 for Nebraska. Best Springsteen.

I had owned ITCOTCK earlier (2009 pressing), but I traded it in along with a few other records so I could afford a record player for my cousin. The one that I just got is the 1983 Editions EG pressing. I really like the way it sounds and now I have their 1987 pressing of Lizard on the way.

And just to put it out there; I did not buy ITCOTCK for hipster cred or anything like that. I discovered KC back when I was 14 (12 years ago) thanks to Dell Media Experience. Do y'all remember that shit? It also introduced me to Mr. Bungle, Frank Zappa, & VDGG. Too bad it doesn't exist anymore.

I wish you the best of luck, dude! I started out with very minimal knowledge of what to get (setup wise), as well. If you want, I could recommend you my setup. It isn't too expensive and sounds very nice.

sure, thanks!

(Amp) Yamaha RX-V373
(Pre-amp) ART DJPRE II
(Speakers) Pioneer SP-BS21-LR

Also, if you want a great phono cartridge for about $100, check out the Ortofon 2M Red.

And one more thing. If you need a stand for your record player, the Kantek single level monitor stand works great.

thanks!

Do any of you buy albums that were just released on vinyl even though you can get high quality digital versions of it, why? Do you listen to them a lot opposed to the superior digital version? Or is it merely for collection, I know the only time I buy an album that's come out in the last decade on vinyl it's only because I've been listening to it for that long and already own all of the shit for the album aside from the vinyl.

Going to vinyl meet ups and thrifts are my favourite ways to collect whatever. If you know exactly what you want go to a record shop or discogs.

Pfffftfp don't stack them

I do sometimes. I love the artwork for Wildflower so why not have a big version of it? I don't buy CDs anymore but I enjoy the aesthetic side of vinyl. I only buy from artists I really love anyway so it's not a regular thing.