Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Standard-Plustop-PRO.aspx
clyp.it/v3rd1ytm
youtube.com/watch?v=gtHm9AfFpQE
clyp.it/d34iomys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got some new shit.

What's /gg/'s opinion on Fender's Rumble amps? I'm thinking on getting on getting a 200W head for gigging with my punk band so I'm not looking nothing too fancy or expensive.

If you can find a good deal on it then yeah, they're fantastic amps for gigging with. Most local bands I've seen have used it paired with an 810 or a 210/115 pair

Personally I'm partial to Acoustic for cheap giggable bass amps. You should definitely check them out.

Didn't Acoustic get bought buy Guitar Center? I wouldn't trust that shit.

buy used m8

That's why you buy older/used from craigslist and listing sites after you do your research

I use one with an Ampeg head. Sounds great.

>using pedal boards
>not having a ratking of cables and pedals

I've been playing on and off for about 10 years or so but recently had everything stolen by my junkie sister and her junkie friends while I was away from home.

Trying to replace everything on my budget and I'm debating between an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet. I really like the coil splitting feature the Epi has but having the Epi branding feels tacky and cheep compared to the Gretsch.

Anyone have any experience with either guitar and would like to have input?

I'm also debating between the Roland Cube and Fender Mustang. I'm leaning towards the cube but would also like input there.

>being that faggot who takes 30 minutes to setup because of his ratking of cables and pedals
Must be embarrassing

Is it really coil splitting? Or just coil tapping?
Are the humbuckers meant for true coil splitting?
Coil Tapped humbuckers sound like garbage, bro.

I hesitate to call it a meme, but it's applications are pretty meh.

Anyway, used to have an Electromatic Pro Jet. Great guitar, would recommend.

Steal one her kidneys and get a White Falcon

Arent both guitars Korean made?

just never unplug anything

This guy gets it.

I'm pretty sure Epiphone stopped making anything in Korea in like 2012. Almost all of it is Chinese now.

Although, I think so is Gretsch. Whatever, a solid budget CNC guitar is a solid budget CNC guitar.

Own a jackson js35 guitar and I'm kinda bored of its no sustain licensed floyd rose bridge, so I'm looking for people to trade it with on the internet but no one wants it because of its retarded metal shape.
The other day some guy offered me an ltd ec50 and I'm seriously considering it because of its fixed bridge and its better looks, but I'm not too sure about it since it seems pretty cheap. Please give me some advice.
Tl;dr : jackson js35 or ltd ec50?

Why you would want a ss modeling amp is beyond me, but the Roland is a better product. I've serviced both.

It's probably coil tapping. I'm not sure of the difference.
I've contemplated murdering her over it desu.
The Electromatic like is Korean, not sure about the Epi.

Because of my budget. Is there anything better in the price range? I know of that mini Orange amp head but I think even that is a little out of my range.

Coil splitting cuts the output from one coil, leaving a true single coil.

Coil tapping just reduces the overall output of the whole humbucker to what a single coil output would be.

Splitting is great and all, but if the humbucker that's being split wasn't designed for it, you can often be left with a really thin, characterless sounding pickup.

This is the model I was looking at. It says coil splitting.

epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Standard-Plustop-PRO.aspx

>epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Standard-Plustop-PRO.aspx

That coil split would probably be pretty good. I absolutely despise the electronics in that guitar, and the push-pull pots break for, like, no reason at all.

Sold a couple of them when I worked at a small shop, both had issues with the knobs.

Fuck Cobain this is a real Jag/Stang

Thoughts?

Just started teaching myself to play on an acoustic last week and I've nearly perfected some Neutral Milk Hotel songs and a couple of Modest Mouse songs. Just thought I would humble brag on here because it's anonymous and I don't want to sound pretentious to anyone I actually know. And also I don't even know if that's good time.

Anyway, just thought I would share my excitement.

So far I've just taught myself chords and read some tabs. How do I into lead guitar/music theory/reading music?

Also how do I start learning about the actual product, like the strings and the different makes and what have you... I bought a Rogue acoustic guitar, not really sure past that but I sure am obsessed, this is a lot more fun than I thought.

Please feel free to

>buying an epiphone
>ever

Why? A Gibson les Paul studio can be had for under $1000. Why would you buy that cheap far eastern shit?

We'd better get used to it since Fender and Gibson don't give a shit about mom and pop shops. Minimum inventory requirements are killing small dealers.

Because they can be had for under $400.

Google the guides, mang. There are millions. Keep having fun. Product knowledge comes from being a forum monkey. Ultimate Guitar and The Gear Page are pretty good.

How much do you play per day? You're doing well for a week.

The cube is a good choice then. You can always upgrade later

does anyone here know anything about making your own pedals and things like that? I'm satisfied with my ability to play clean, but I need to work on my tone selection. Any advice?

How will you play shows then?

Because they're shit. Real shit senpai just save a little bit more and get the real deal, you'll be much happier with it in the long run.

Clyp.it

Upload some clips senpai I wanna hear.

post tone clips pls

Fuck that place

It's the only place I can regularly buy strings and picks from. The local shops around me almost never have what I want, and when they do, I buy out all they have in a couple months. For some reason they never restock

So did anyone try Mooer Lofi Machine? Is the thing fun?

i work there

shit place

real easy to steal from tho

Same. Ever since they got rid of the people checking receipts at the door it's super easy to nigger shit.

Service department, you?

>$3,850

Why tho

our stores still has the doorperson but they rarely ever check bags, and most of them are apathetic enough about the place that if they did catch you with something in your bag they'd likely give you a fistbump and let you walk out

whats the service department?
i work in the warehouse.

It's absolutely unusable in most any musical situation. That said, I think it's fantastic.

I have the cheapest Gretsch there is, the Electromatic Jet Club. I really like it. It's a gorgeous guitar and it's only problems are the electronics are shitty and will likely fail on you after a year or so (super easy fix though), the pickups don't sound very good, and the frets are a little too small for my liking.
I got it because I wanted something nice looking that I wouldn't cry over losing or breaking when I was doing lots of small gigs and it served its purpose beautifully. It's a very smooth playing guitar and since it's pickup configuration is like a Les Paul, it really lends well to most types of music. I'd take it over an Epi any day

Where in the chain do you place it? How well would it go in fx loop of a tube amp?

In the front of the FX loop of a tube amp. I've never run it in the front and I'm far too lazy to rewire my board so I can't tell you how they compare.

You don't know anything about pedals but you want to jump straight into pedal building?

How is that? I wanted to try one, I have one of their other pedals.

I buy strings/cables and other small stuff from there, never pedals or guitars / amps. They will fist you hard if you ever try to sell something.

recommend me a relatively affordable "non-practice" amp

laney gh 50

Dat tone wood

as will any place that is just going to turn around and resell it. they have to make a profit.

What does /gg/ think of the Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster?

Have the same model and finish, But I replaced the bridge with a gibson usa pickup

I had their profit in mind when trying to sell my stuff...

not as good as the vintage deluxe 52 reissue

Only old people play fenders tbqhfam

Yeah, why buy a Fender when you could go to Rondo and get a guitar of similar quality for much less money? Fender's are for blues lawyers

Anyone here interested in buying a multiscale Les Paul?

multiscale 6 strings are pretty useless

>6 string multiscale

For what purpose

Do you go to punk/indie shows? Literally 80% Fender guitars and basses

Play F chord to pay respects

shit

it's actually not a big deal with a parallel 7th fret

got my first electric. grainy picture. middle pickup is a gibson one. pretty neat. got it for 450.

anyway my question: what amp should I get? budget is around 400 give or take 50 dollars.

Nice score. That cash gets you a used Fender Blues Jr, Vox AC15, or 6505, depending on the genre you're into.

Holy shit, we have a club now. 1st meeting of the telebastards starts now. Purebred fags need not apply.

Anyone know any songs with this sound on it, I'm drunk as fuck and dont even know what it is. a friend left it here, it's a behringer that has been spray painted so I don't know what it actually is.

sounds fucky

clyp.it/v3rd1ytm

man I really need one of those cases

my tele is a ginger stepchild

that sounds tight. Post a pic of the pedal or at least tell us what the knob configuration is

the camera on my phone is fucked up, everything is blacked out. It has three knobs and a three way switch . Shit is tripping me out.

I think it's the ultra vibrato

just google imaged that shit. The layour looks exactly like that, but I dont think its an octave pedal. mor elike a fucked up chorus

youtube.com/watch?v=gtHm9AfFpQE

yep, definitely this one.

listening to a demo right now, yeah that sounds pretty damn close. Think this is it.

Pretty cool pedal for only $25.

How you like that em drive?

>Cuffed jeans
>Leather shoes
>Pedal board

Christ, user how does it feel to be a walking meme?

They always have an Ernie Ball volume pedal to praise jesus

hey guys. i posted yesterday about what to do with buying a new guitar and what i should do with the shitty gear i started with; most of you recommended i get new friends, a couple of you steered me towards brands i should check out.

but anyways. i went to chicago music exchange today and checked out a bunch of stuff; reverends, epiphones, teles, mexican strats; the only thing that felt perfect was a tele, which is way way way out of my price range. one of the guitars i checked out tho, a danelectro, felt as close as i could get to that strat in terms of how it made me feel-- and it was actually in my budget! (significantly lower than it actually, at 370 or so bucks). the next upgrade i plan on getting when i have the money is a reverend (speaking of which, thanks for the rec guys. i have another friend who has one and i didnt believe him when he said they were awesome but when i actually got to play some of the other ones they had at cme i felt it)

anything i should know about before i actually make the purchase of the dano? am i being ridiculously stupid? im selling the shit stagg and im actually kind of sad to see the behringer go as i kind of like the fart box but i cant take it with me to college so.

err, woops, meant tele in terms not strat in terms.

Gretsch is made in Korea

Danelectros have really cheap hardware, they will go out of tune. You could easily upgrade it though. All you would have to change is the tuners really.

Most of the employees there in my experience have been really cool. The techs are always cunts though

>he thinks studios aren't also far eastern shit

Epiphone Les Pauls and the cheaper Gibsons both use pretty much the same materials

Bump

danelectros are cool guitars, the pups are really good too. which model?

never own a compressor pedal
what's the difference between MXR dynamic compressor and super compressor

This, but Gibson is practically always shit these days.

But is it even worth buying Fender American Std. anymore if all the parts are foreign sourced? I imagine this wasn't the case 15 years ago.

ya my friend with the reverend drove me to cme and said the same thing. when i played it in the demo rooms it felt like it was going out of tune nearly as fast as my stagg was which worried me but i have so many gearhead friends that could fix it for cheap idrc.

59dc, i think its the nos+ model not sure tho. its in the lightish blue colorway. whats so cool about the pickups? i guess that was a big reason why i liked it over the strat i tried, it felt a lot smoother and warmer. (i honestly dont know anything about guitars, 95% of stuff ive been learning about the hardware ive learned in the last month. ive been doing music theory and playing for a year but never really cared about hardware until now)

The differences between the two probably aren't worth the price imo. You could probably upgrade a MiM strat to have the same electronics and parts that an American has for relatively cheap

implying anyone here plays shows

that's a cool looking guitar, but as another user mentioned the hardware might crap out on you at some point, which will not be good if you're away at college. Also, $370 is WAY too much for that guitar. It's not made of wood and its only redeeming quality is its pickups.

With that money you can buy a Squier Mememaster, Jaguar or Classic Vibe Strat/Tele. All great guitars as is, and much better modding platforms (so you could install lipstick pups somewhere down the line).

I'm one of the techs. I more or less restring guitars for plebs that somehow think it's too hard to do.

Which gen should I get, the v1 or the v2?

I'll check those out, used or old "vintage" equipment gets pretty pricey in my country due to pretencious hipster cunts who pay anything just because it's old and fall into the "vintage" meme

Can confirm this

I do :^)

Where should I go with this /gg/?

clyp.it/d34iomys