imgur.com/a/XqBu0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

meh

yeah, except i would give 10/10, not 9/10

I expected Pet Sounds 2.0, I got Smile

electroswing is cringe af imo

>shoehorned features

why did they do this

is the noisy eater the avalanches' equivalent of superfast jellyfish?

pretty much yeah

Most of their material outside of Since I Left You is pretty dang hip-hop, it's kind of a fluke that they ever made a dance record at all. I think they just wanted rapping and singing, doubt it was for any reason other than how they wanted the songs to sound

It's Wildflower's Frontier Psychiatrist

It just reminds you of superfast jellyfish because they both feature elderly black gentlemen rapping about crunchy food.

I expected your got and it's what I got.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reverse the middle and right and it's accurate.

This. I've yet to see anyone on Sup Forums make comparisons between Wildflower and their stuff pre-SILY like El Producto or At Last Alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=6YTyP3s0e_I
youtube.com/watch?v=vFZHJqEG48o
youtube.com/watch?v=iBo3py7IP2s
These could easily fit in with the rest of the tracks on Wildflower, while they'd stand out on SILY.

I have no idea which member(s) did the rapping/vocal stuff, but there's a good chance they either left or felt that features could do a better job.

I'm pretty sure Darren was the original rapper, and they revealed recently he's been gone for over a decade.
Also the credits for the album are out and there's a lot of original instrumentation all over Wildflower
imgur.com/a/XqBu0

AND TAKING MY SUNSH-

>almost nothing on Harmony is sampled
>no one noticed
huh

SILY had original instrumentation as well. Sample-heavy does not mean 100% samples or even majority samples, just that the samples take the front stage.

>Confusing Plunderphonics with Musique concrete
mong

The initial promo version of SILY is 100% samples minus the Saian Supa Crew verse. All the credited instrumentation on later versions of the album is for imitations they created for samples they couldn't clear.

I thought the Zombo Promo still included original instrumentation. Either way, it wasn't even titled yet, so I doubt it has its own credits.

I know the LP version of SILY had a bunch of samples replaced with instrumentation.

Hard to say, really, the whole thing is kind of shrouded in myth and half the original files are corrupted by now according to a recent interview.
Still, the opera vocals on "Electricity" are original so the above statement can't be true

no no no, the opera vocals on "Electricity" are sampled. it's the "oh-oh-oh i can see... electricity" female vocal part that is original.

No, they got a local opera singer, Antoinette Halloran (who's credited on the single which was released a good year before the album), to sing the opera part. If you try to find a source for the sample you won't find it

Wildflower is good as an album and as music but it doesn't hold up as a major accomplishment in sampling like SILY does. SILY is still unmatched in density and amount of samples, and Wildflower feels positively minimalist in comparison. Then again, I think you'd have to be absolutely obsessed and nuts to be able to make SILY so I suppose it's probably just because they lost their youthful insanity

At least we now have something proper to compare to SILY, instead of Endtroducing.