ethereal wave edition

post ethereal and dark wave albums ONLY in this general

Other urls found in this thread:

sculptureclub.bandcamp.com/album/a-place-to-stand
simmeruk.bandcamp.com/album/paper-prisms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what does that mean

no

>tfw you were gonna start a shoegaze project but your sound has already been done better by other artists
What's her name Sup Forums?

I even had a name and everything
Fuck you Astrobrite, Barlow, Fleeting Joys, and maybe Grow House and Manon Muert

>darkwave
>shoegaze
what

well, shugazi
i guess it's our umbrella term for the type of shit 4ad used to be known for

Snowflake Eye sounds pretty goth tho

okay

seeing this goth post punk new wave dark wave who the fuck cares about labels band tonight
sculptureclub.bandcamp.com/album/a-place-to-stand

Well, what I mean is that darkwave isn't really shugazi. At least I don't see how it is.

he's kind of right about 4ad tho no matter how retarded it is

Well, just because quite a few shugazi artists were signed to 4AD, doesn't mean that all 4AD artists are shugazi. Take Bauhaus for instance, or The Mountain Goats.

You don't understand. 4ad used shoegaze as a marketing ploy even for non shoegaze bands.

Really? I had no idea. Can you tell me more about it?

I didn't know anything about 4AD's marketing ploy, but I think dream pop/shoegaze stuff was what they're known for. Like I remember in an interview with Lush, Miki was talking about how American audiences favored their shoegaze material, but they didn't even call it shoegaze, they said "the stuff they released on 4AD" or something. But pixies were on it at the time too and now even Spaceghostpurrp is with them.

yall heard this yet

simmeruk.bandcamp.com/album/paper-prisms

>tfw I was going to record some dense Yellow Swans type tracks but it just ended up sounding like shitty harsh noise

Man forgot how good this one.

is

You should do it anyway user

Maybe mix in some influence from other genres to keep things interesting

The more I think of it the worse it sounds

I can't play any instruments

The name was gonna be "I Saw You At The Warehouse" because I had a dream where I saw My Bloody Valentine in this remote warehouse and it was nice, but now it sounds corny and lame to me

Their approach to shoegaze is pretty much the reason why shoegaze became derogitory back in the day. They helped it break into the mainstream.

I wasn't alive then so I cant elaborate much.

It's 2016 has chamber pop shoegaze been made yet? I want my walls of sound complete with some solo strings and woodwinds dammit

I wonder how many posts made in /shugazi/ threads that were basically requests for people to expand shoegaze's sound.

not mine

I already expressed my opinion on how generic gaze keeps the scene alive.

Are there any news fromHANL? Can we expect something new anytime soon?

just listen to deathconsciousness again like the rest of us