E
T
R
Y

>hairstyle
huh? who dis?

Yes pls

instagram.com/alterhacker/?hl=en

Ethan replacing Alice with a carbon copy of her, even adopting a similar stage name like Edith, just seems a bit off, I'm aware he used the name Crystal Castles before Alice was even in the group, but just continuing like nothing has ever happened isn't the right way to go about it imo

I feel like she's trying too hard to be Alice, but isn't doing a great job. She's a carbon copy, but like a downgraded version of her. Even her performances are a bit lackluster in comparison.

>carbon copy
Edith seems much less retarded, dresses better and can actually sing live

You can't deny she's trying to be Alice though

To Alice's credit I would say she was one of the most iconic frontwomen in "indie" music of the last decade, so naturally Edith would attempt to mimic her, but it just comes across as a bit insincere and lame

she looks so prettyyy
wouldoverdosewith/10

well thats a good thing for us i guess

Does every female member of Crystal Castles has to look like a coke whore?

btw I love Alice Glass and desu she's THE reason why Crystal Castles went mainstream, Tumblr made them famous

Grimes indeed is queen-tier

She seems badass, I'm impressed

I literally know nothing about her, could you elaborate?

The whole Edith replacing Alice situation is like a weird throwback to 2008 when you had all these girl/boy punky synthpop groups like Heartsrevolution and You Love Her Coz She's Dead trying to ride on Crystal Castle's success

can you even read you fucking autist?

who the fuck is her?

And why is she the queen of Sup Forums?, I thought Sup Forums hated Tumblr although it seems more like a crush now

Ethan is a fuckboy and Alice is a feminist queen but I don't think "Edith" should be blamed for this, as I said before it was predictable since we all know the reason why CC went mainstream was because Alice's popularity in sites like Tumblr

Same, It doesn't seem pretty authentic imo but you don't have to shit on her in order to make a statement

Stop making this a girl fight!, like who the fuck cares about how she dresses, both of them look like coke whores but I have a crush in women that look like that such as Sky Ferreira and shit

Shut the fuck up

That name though kek

THIS I couldn't have said it better

Edith's name? What's funny about it?
I wasn't trying to shit on her. I actually think she has great potential, and can tap into it by doing something totally original.

I expected way more 2/10 made me reply

no, your name you dingus

This isn't me and he understood

Concrete does nothing for me. It's just whatever. The other new songs were pretty nothingy too.

When Alice left, I figured there probably wouldn't be a huge impact on the quality of Kath's tracks, since he can filter and warp his or whoever's vocals. But these new tracks just having nothing going on. They're nowhere close to Vanished or Crimewave or Baptism or Wrath of God or whatever.

I want the new album to be good, but it's really not looking that way.

New girl's hot tho

New songs are good.

Alice was the face of the band,but Ethan is the body,easier to replace a face than a whole body.

Actually not, Alice Glass is THE reason why Crystal Castles went mainstream, teens in Tumblr made the famous and I know that the majority of them refuse to listen to CC anymore because of what Ethan did to Alice

what a bunch of retards, anything new is better than crystal castles III

250 hundred thousand YouTube views in a couple of days seem like a lot, plus the like to dislike ratio for the video seems favorable

Also, I'm pretty sure if Alice was the one that caught people's attention it was definitely Ethan's music that made them stay

So in short, you're wrong

anything new is nowhere comparable with everything in CC I or II

Is the "scene" CC represented even still around? You know, witch house, grandma clothes, pictures of abandoned decrepit houses... the whole tumblr-grunge-goth thing. CC was really popular with that certain kind of scene, but I don't know if it's still popular? I mean, I know tumblr is still around and popular, but witch house is basically dead and I don't remember the last time I heard "soft grunge" or "pastel goth".

But it's not, a quarter of those views are due to Alice because a lot of casual listeners don't even know she has left and likes in YouTube means literally nothing.

No, it wasn't, Ethan has zero charisma and we all know that edgy bands like CC are/were mainstream because of the "aesthetic" it represented

Yeah, Crystal Castles kind of kidnapped it. They used that sort of imagery so densely and frequently that it sort of became their own, so now it's almost like they're the only band that can still pull it off. Anyone else just looks dated.

The word you're looking for is "aesthetic" not "scene" and yes, soft grunge and witch house are pretty much dead although pastel goth is increasingly popular but it has nothing to do with CC

Except they changed their aesthetic A LOT from their first to their second album

In their first they were 8bit punk, Ethan was wearing Adidas Superstar and a leather hoodie while Alice wore jeans and Converse All Star all the time and had an emo look

In the second album Ethan started dressing like a homeless guy wtih boots and raggedy clothes while Alice started with the grandma clothes and hipster bs

By the third album they were full blown tumblr witch house, which they didn't pioneer btw

How the fuck is this related with the success CC will NOT have? like I acknowledge that they're going to be popular because Ethan kept the band's name but they will not reach the fame that they got with CC II, ever

To be fair CC were probably inspired by Kap Bambino. Nothing is created from nothing.

ayy imao

edith > alice
deal with it

>both of them look like coke whores
i think youre projecting

who fucking cares anyway.

what happened to heartsrevolution??? all the sites are down...fb,insta, etc

volodja klavdiya

qveen

huh, its odd, all the photos on their fb are still there....

NEW LP??

>queen
of tumblr

delete this

she was our lavren before lavren was born

Literal trap

Horseface

i think edith has got a totally different but equally interesting stage presence. kind of ethereal

a 13 year old from the year 2007 wants his sarah jessica parker joke back

Wow that is a seriously punchable face. You can just tell how self absorbed she is.

women have had horse faces for centuries.

this is not a new thing

>women have had horse faces for centuries.

thanks doctor

III was just as good as two. both excellent.

You are welcome

It's a lot more consistent record, but I think II has higher peaks, if you feel me. III really can't compete with Celestica and Suffocation.

That being said, they're both like 8+/10, at least.

yeah i agree on all points there.

>but just continuing like nothing has ever happened isn't the right way to go about it imo
It does feel kind of weird (and honestly, not that I support or even like Alice, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was abusive to her).

But CC does have that specific aesthetic, and I can understand why he wants to preserve the aesthetic.

I also have to give him props for finding girls who simultaneously look weird and drugged out but extremely pretty.

No, you're right. If Alice wasn't in it or had a different personality and look, they would've gotten way less popular.

I think a lot of them came for Alice and stuck for the music, but she was the original marketing piece. And Edith will be the new one. Or at least try to be.

I prefer Edith's look but Alice's voice.

>To be fair CC were probably inspired by Kap Bambino. Nothing is created from nothing.

Oh yeah, there's no doubt they were. But they improved upon and polished that idea, with pristine production and mixing and "vibe". In contrast, nearly all the CC ripoffs out there are lo-fi screaming messes with little rhyme or rhythm. I actually like a few You Love Her Coz She's Dead and Crim3s songs, but they're not improving or innovating on what they're borrowing from. CC did.

IMO Ethan improved his beat-making ability (Concrete is one of their first songs in a while that doesn't have ultra-generic Euro synthpop arps), but the emotion of the tracks was really changed now that Alice left. She wasn't a good singer but she conveyed a lot of energy that Edith doesn't seem to be able to compete with. The new vocals kind of feel like they have something missing.

>implying you can be a queen with a penis

its kind of strange and disturbing how he replaces Alice with a younger hotter version. i bet he just fucks these girls and drugs them and promises them fame lul.

I tried messaging her. I thought we could be friends but there's probably a thousand men trying to text her every day. I'm heart broken because she is like the girl of my dreams, were pretty close in age, and I think her interests are pretty great. :(

Who is she?

Are you listening to The Soft Bulletin?

Where did you message her? She always responds on Twitter

No. This is the queen of Sup Forums.

Alterhacker is far more Sup Forums, /toy/, and /cgl/.

He was probably weird though. Like asking her to be his friend or something.

Very true

also it's a potato

why do they always pick girls name that were popular at the turn of the century 1900-1940

I was.

I thought only their third album was witch house

Ethan can't get away with using these girls and tossing them out when they got old

Great album. Don't worry bro I messaged her before as well if it makes you feel any better. She replied but only with 'who are you' and then she never did again so.

Didn't Ethan know Alice for a while before they made music though?

Also I meant to say she photoshops her eyes so take from that what you will.

Did you do it on Instagram? That's were I did it.
That doesn't bother me. I still think she's cute.

you know its true

only as fuck buddies

Even if she does photoshop her eyes in some pictures, doesn't she have a lot of gifs and videos? They're definitely big in reality.

new Crystal Castles single is boring af. Too much reveb

Literally every song they've ever made (except a few on I) has fucktons of reverb faggot

thrift store fashion like that slacker Mac DeMarco look is popular

are you talking about crystal castles or about joy division?