The National

What are your thoughts on The National?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7EygMZjxxOE&list=LLnQD4_YlPUsyxhbpH2tWTLQ&index=33
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they fucking suck

i-i like them

Fucking love them. I don't know, they may be the most cliché indie white band ever, but their songwriting is phenomenal.

Alligator > High Violet = Boxer > Trouble Will Find Me. I haven't listened to the rest yet.

essential lonely twenty-something living in the city core

which fits me to a T

when will they quit fucking around with their side projects and release another album

they played several new songs lately, and Berninger said the new album will be released in very late 2016 / most likely early 2017.

rad!

What's your favourite National song guys?

Trouble Will Find Me is one of the most boring albums I've ever listened to.

I expected something
something better than before

It's probably All The Wine

rack em
/thread

The most consistent indie rock band of the 00s

>consistent
well, considering how average their debut is, i would go so far

wouldn't*

One of the most boring fucking bands I've ever listened to. If I ever decide to commit suicide I am going to put one of their albums on repeat while I do it just to further convince myself I'm making the right choice

MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT MY MIND'S NOT RIGHT

I liked them when they were more unknown. Boxer. If they didn't get famous I would probably still like them.

But they've been on a consistent streak since Cherry Tree.

Conversation 16

Bloodbuzz Ohio

I love them. Even though calling them a "grower band" is a cliche at this point, it really does describe them. Every time one of their new albums have come out, I thought I was disappointed with them but kept listening and slowly came around to loving almost every song. They put on a good live show, too.

Squalor Victoria

Sea of Love
All the Wine
Sorrow

Best song of the 21st ccentury: youtube.com/watch?v=7EygMZjxxOE&list=LLnQD4_YlPUsyxhbpH2tWTLQ&index=33

>don't look at me, i'm only breathing

so fucking boring

boring music for boring white people

that's all there is to it

Slipping Husband or All the Wine

i really hope their next album has more of that screaming stuff that matt hasn't done for years

dunno but the next album has the GOAT song names

>Find A Way (Iris)
>The Day I Die
>Kingston

Boring white people music that's actually good

High Violet > Boxer > Trouble Will Find Me > S/T

loved what I've heard so far, haven't heard the rest
should I try alligator

Nah they're not so cliché imo

this desu

>should I try alligator
yes, it's my favorite
if you liked boxer, you'll like alligator
it's a little louder and rockier but i tend to connect the two albums

Trouble Will Find Me is better than Alligator and anybody who says otherwise is blinded by nostalgia

>should I try alligator

fuck yeah, it's more rocky as said, but the songwriting is still good and it's full of sweet melodies

so much truth in this reply.

Literally a worse version of the Shins

they're pretty authentic in my opinion, just white old guys doing good shit, nothing phenomenal but their songwritting is on point, just comfy-core
Alligator is their best, Boxer is my fav

also new album when you lazy fucker

Slow Show
Sorrow

Trouble Will Find Me > High Violet > Boxer > Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers > Alligator > Cherry Tree > The National > Virginia EP

fight me

>tfw Exile Vilify

>You've got sucker's luck
>Have you given up?
>Does it feel like a trial?
>Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?

;_;