How is this album so acclaimed? #6 of all time on RYM? I don't understand. It's good but not top 10 worthy

How is this album so acclaimed? #6 of all time on RYM? I don't understand. It's good but not top 10 worthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/11869-the-yes-album-fragile-close-to-the-edge-tales-from-topographic-oceans-relayer-going-for-the-one-tormato-drama-90125/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what is top 10 worthy then?
let us have that top ten

everyone likes the cover art and maybe 21st century schizoid man

probably the best album of all time.

Neither are DSOTM, WYWH nor Led Zeppelin IV, but they're still there.

confirmed for never listening past the first track

i'm not wrong though. those are the two biggest drivers behind that album's status

And Epitaph, Moonchild, and The Court of the Crimson King.

I agree with you.
Pic related is Top 10 worthy.

you should probably listen to that record before you decide what the biggest drivers behind it's status are.

This.

It's a pretty great album all the way through

It pleases sperglord web denizens who only listen to prog and metal, while attracting hipsters with that rare quality of being both seminal and obscure.

Basically, combine the autismal, mouth-breathing fanbase of Dream Theater with those poe-faced losers who will listen to every Velvet Underground concert box set and debate which version of Sister Ray stands out among the rest.

Lot of the other albums in the RYM Top 100 are more deserving to be in the top 10 such as Kind of Blue, Black Saint, Pet Sounds, Love Supreme, Remain in Light to name a few

>not liking IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING AHHHHH and the funeral-like atmosphere of Epitaph
Pleb

>Pet sounds
>Muh compositional complexity

I completely forgot that Led IV was in the top 10, that's even worse than King Crimson in the top 10.

most of the prog community here shits on dream theatre though. And pitchfork drones hate prog. try harder

I may be biased since I think Led Zeppelin is the most overrated rock band ever, I don't think any of their albums should be close to the top 100.

>most of the prog community here shits
We're talking about RYM, you fuck.

>And pitchfork drones hate prog
lol, okay.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/11869-the-yes-album-fragile-close-to-the-edge-tales-from-topographic-oceans-relayer-going-for-the-one-tormato-drama-90125/

yeah pretty much, led zep are okay rock but nothing spectacular

>Remain in Light
>good
Apparently shitty new wave + shitty worldbeat + Brain Eno = masterpiece

>Remain in Light
>bad
Found the pleb!

10/10 reply

Reply to this.
*unzips dick*

>I could rebuttal his argument with actual reasons why I think the album is good
>or I can call him a pleb
Quality post friendo!

He could have responded with actually reasons why it's bad, rather than whining like "ugh, the world beat and new wave is shitty!"

Instead I'll just point out that his opinion's objectively a terrible one and offensive to the concept of artistic taste,

I think the better question is why are all these old prog rock albums so universally acclaimed? Literally no one listens to prog rock these days and yet we still have dozens of dadrockers act like these all the end-all-be-all of music. Bunch of bandwagoning retards.

>waaaaah why won't anyone dignify my shitposting with an actual reply

I find it boring at best, annoying at worst. I can't stand listening to Once in a Lifetime. Anything KC did in the 80's is more interesting.

Happy now?

I find you boring at worst and annoying at best.

I never liked track as much as the others just because it seemed to repeat itself too much. Could've been a solid minute shorter

Oh snap, got me son!

I apologise for having a different opinion.

>nobody listens to prog
>pink floyd, the mars volta, yes

shitpost harder

As you should. Now fuck off!

Nigger

Because Epitaph and In The Court of the Crimson King are the two best rock songs ever recorded.

Nah, I think I'll stay

i'll give you that they're the two best symphonic prog songs, but other than that... lol

So salty!

It showed that rock albums could be giant orchestrated pieces, essentially created symphonic rock, great theme, varied instrumentation, et cetera. Should have never fallen from #3, especially not to the Beatles and DSOTM.

Dark Side of the Moon isn't even top 3 best Pink Floyd albums.

>comparing yes-tier prog to dream theater-tier prog
absolutely delusional.

OK computer isnt even top 100 let alone fucking 1, the amount of circle jerking and mental gymnastics to create a 10/10 out of a 7/10 is pretty crazy, but hey, that's popular music and normalfags for you

>Implying I don't listen to prog rock daily
lmao'ing at your tasteless life fampai

Epic response

It's actually Top 5 worthy. Probably even Top 3. Fuck it it's the best album of all time I'm gonna listen to it right now.

>tfw two last minutes of Epitaph
>;_;

That's even worse of an argument than "shitty new wave + shitty worldbeat + Brian Eno = masterpiece"

At least I've presented an argument, something you (or whoever it was) wasn't able to do.