You will never live in a world where Smile was released when it was supposed to

>you will never live in a world where Smile was released when it was supposed to

Other urls found in this thread:

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1W6fEqlrlNA
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn9nLxUAAmI
youtube.com/watch?v=-enTP0_mY5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get over it Brian you btfo by Sgt Pepper anyway

Fuck off MIke you nigger

AAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
>plays piano
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>writes another heroes and villains part
SO U BE SAYIN
>puts sandbox in the living room
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>eats 9 hash brownies
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>cries
U BE SAYIN
>records van dyke parks eating carrots
HOL UP HOL UP
>turns living room into a tent
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
>sells all the beach boys song rights to murray
SO U BE SAYIN
>records banana and louie barking for 20 minutes
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>breaks locks off the fridge
WE GON BE
>eats 8 tubs of coolwhip
FINNA WE GON BE
>stares at lava lamp
AYYYOO HOL UP WE GON BE
>puts on fireman hat
SO WE GON BE
>catches building on fire with music
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
>reads alan watts
SOM FINNA
>zen
SO WE GON BE
>drops acid
SOM FINNA
>stares at the pool
AYYYOO SOM FINA
>phil spector
HOL UP
>records another heroes and villains part
WE GON BE
>it's still shit
SOM FINNA
>drops more acid
WE GON BE
>hallucinates sheet music
SOM FINNA
>plays it
HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
>it's Surf's Up
U SAYING WE GON BE
>fucks with the formula
SOM FINNA
>teenage symphony to god
THAT WE FINNA RELEASE THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME
>doesn't

If smile had come out when it was supposed to, no one would remember fuck ass sgt pepper

well that didn't happen so enjoy second place FOREVER

lmao

What version of Smile is THE version to listen to?
I can't find Purple Chick but I have the soniclovenoize version.

Brian Wilson Presents Smile sucked btw

Pet Sounds >>> Sgt. Peppers
Only Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, and maybe Abbey Road come close
Sgt. Peppers MIGHT be close if Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were included

the one that was finish-OH WAIT

Is the 1989 version of Smile good? It's the top rated bootleg on RYM.

Also, where can I find it?

It wasn't fair. John had Paul, Paul had John, and they both had George Martin. Brian was basically on his own in attempting his fantastic Psychedelic crowning achievement.

No excuse he had done it before

never got around to listening to it until this year anyway

>you will never live in a world were UnknownArtist#9493946 released his masterpiece rather than dying at a young age/slacking off

>implying Sgt pepper comes close to pet sounds or smile

ok brian

Maybe it was released when it was supposed to. Sure, released in the 60's would have made them topple The Beatles, but released now has brought an entire new generation to take a serious look into their music.

Also the real tragedy is that Brian never went solo with Tony Aster or Van Dyke Parks.

Pet Sounds didn't involve tape splicing pieces of music together to form songs. We take for granted the ability to copy/paste shit together via protools. Brian was physically splicing thousands of feet of chopped up magnetic tape together to make SMiLE. That alone would drive anyone insane.

My ass. Pet Sounds is just a collection of beautifully written songs. SMiLE would've been an absolute generation defining musical epic. It'd be about a million times harder than writing pet sounds.

How different would it have been if it was completed? I'm not really familiar with the history, would it basically be the same as the Smile Sessions or the various recreations?

Genuinely laughed

It would have made Beach Boys > Beatles

>wilsonfags/bbfags actually believe

Not only did Brian not have anybody, unless you count Aster or Van Dyke Parks, but you had people holding him back, like Based Mike Love
I hope not, there's way too much filler on BWPS and TSS

This version seems pretty interesting though
albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html

lol no

Yeah that's how I listen to the album. I listened to the Smile sessions a couple times but since then I've just stuck to that.

What's the best version of Smile in your opinion?

Brian Wilson Presents Smile

>Not having Vega-tables as part of the Earth section of The Elements.

dropped

>those changed verses in Good Vibrations

dropped

this

the definitive version

I guess it does kinda seem dumb that the only reason they're swapped is so the sides are of an even length.
I'm sure Brian would've padded one side out or something

can we just end the sgt pepper is good meme already

the beatles are a shit band and if you like them ur a fuckin pleb
smile sessions desu

reevaluate your life you worthless nigger

at least the beatles finished their albums isntead of not finishing them so their fans could go OMG IT WOULDA BEEN THE BEST ALBUM EVERRRRR

I laugh at you beach boy fags

Here's my theory of what would have potentially happened

>Smile is released
>Gets lots of acclaim
>Beatles still sell a lot better
>Some critics and fans still say Pet Sounds is overall better

>Brian Wilson goes solo
>Starts doing lots of drugs and becomes more reclusive and strange
>Mike Love carries on the Beach Boys
>Brian runs out of money, can't afford to support his studio ideas
>Overdoses on drugs
>Beach Boys become a silly novelty act

pet sounds is better then anything the beatles have ever put out

>How different would it have been if it was completed? I

Well some people think that "Good Vibrations" was the only fully realised track and believe that all the demos and half finished tracks etc would be just as good.

No matter what it most likely was going to be too arty and strange for typical pop listeners and Sgt peppers still would have better appeal

Brian was more orchestral and baroque. The Beatles were more studio experimenty/tape effectey/edgy

go to bed nick

>The Beatles were more studio experimenty/tape effectey/edgy
Brian did that too and he did it better

see: mr's o'leary's cow, George fell into his horn, the splicing throughout all of the album

pet sounds is a great stand alone but the beatles did more for music than the beach boys could ever have hoped for simply through output.

>That alone would drive anyone insane.

true, but it did give him ass cancer

what is Abbey Road

Zappa wasn't as sensitive

A guy like Brian wasn't meant for glamorous and lavish lifestyles. or even a life of intense competition (especially when it comes to being the dominant force in the music scene)

I hate this argument, MANY solo artists have released masterpieces, and he had Van Dyke Parks

Although it was probably difficult with a member of the band wanting to take the music in another direction

Brian... ;_;

Are you forgetting the part where Brian was literally told by Capitol to go back to the formula, while the same company [Capital] just threw money at the Beatles and told them to have a field day?

>tfw you will never get stoned with brian and talk about music and go swimming and eat cheeseburgers

why even live

because they understood the Beatles were actually worth it

I didn't know about that, but didn't he have a lot of freedom after Good Vibrations became their biggest hit up to that point? Also, Capitol probably did that because Pet Sounds didn't perform very well in the US and SMiLE was like Pet Sounds on steroids, meanwhile The Beatles' albums WERE selling so they were allowed to experiment as much as they wanted

also, many artists have released great albums by themselves and under pressure

>but didn't he have a lot of freedom after Good Vibrations became their biggest hit up to that point?
Well yes, and that's what started the SMiLE sessions, they did do something to what they were doing with the Beatles (lots of money and freedom), but by the time May 1967 came around, Capitol was demanding an album, and the state of it, which might have been Brian's vision, was obviously too weird for the group and an extension, would have been too out there for Capitol as well

AlternateBrianWilson Present Smile is the best version out there

Why do beatles fags have an inferiority complex with Brian?

Aw hell yeah! Actually can i ask you for a link to that? I had a copy but i had to reset my pc

Zappa had the power of autism

>this is what beachboy fags actually think

They can't handle Brian made the best pop album ever.

They're just trying to troll Brian fans, the Beatles get a lot of shit but they don't really need defending, their legacy is secure.
The Beach Boys did pretty good in the end but they're kind of two bands, the commercially successful pop band (they're all rich as hell), and the ambitious cult band that's still kind of misunderstood by many

I dunno, Brian would probably have been diagnosed as aspergers today

He STILL has has times in the past decade where he has spent 8-10 hours a day in the studio operating on highly meticulous levels

>ok brian
Brian thought Strawberry Fields Forever was better than the entirety of Smile. He would've probably thought the same about Sgt. Peppers, regardless of the fact that it wouldn't be true

There is a recent interview where Brian pretended not to know Sgt Peppers was inspired by Pet Sounds

It was really cute actually

makes sense

Brian always was the true patrician

LINK

NOW

PLEASE

i don't get why there's a Beatles vs Beach Boys fight, they love each other's music, and inspired each other heavily (Rubber Soul for Pet Sounds and Pet Sounds for Sgt. Pepper) Brian Wilson practically broke down when he heard A Day in The Life and God Only Knows is like McCartney's favorite song

youtube.com/watch?v=1W6fEqlrlNA

Interview starts at 0:50
I'll warn you its kind of depressing, I know he's old, but he seems still lost, his answers are short, he doesn't seem to have much on his mind

Lot of old men get like that, its just sad to see for someone who used to have the spark in his eyes you only see once in your lifetime

fuck...

the ending hurt

fun fact Abbey Road and Pet Sounds are the 2 greatest albums of all time

fun fact the beatles are fucking garbage

fun fact the beach boys are fucking garbage

fun fact music is fucking garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=Tn9nLxUAAmI
Brian Wilson interviews are really mixed bags

>Oh my god...I was going back in time!

>1:40
What the hell?

Phew yeah, this is a good one