xD so fahnny!

literal memes

actual shoes

HOLY
FUCKING
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

good stuff

lol what if they're making fun of aphex twin

I swear, whenever I go to a Relish burger place, there's a new Death Grips update.

where to cop shoes?

lol what the fuck

Jesus Christ his fucking hands

quick! somebody make a gif out of 0:17-0:22!

this video is fucking retarded and people will pretend to like it because its death grips

Damn it Zach

fan here and its pretty stupid
but like goofy acceptable stupid

it's death grips. did you seriously expect something with a first hand appeal?
--------------------------------------------------------------
other than bottomless pit favorite releases of the year so far?

Babyfather - "BBF" Hosted by DJ Eskrow
Autechre - elseq 1-5
Robert Ashley (kind of) - Crash

swans record just did not cut it, still looking forward to watching them live again though

VHS 2.0 - X Ambassadors
The Mountain Will Fall - DJ Shadow
Skin - Flume
Smash / Still Apart - VARSITY

>shoestring
ehehehee

check a2b2.org

Well that sucked. I like it when they're having fun, but have fun in a Pillbox hat kind of way, not a way that just wastes everyone's time.

I really like when the shoe is talking

What did they mean by this?

Do you guys unironically like this?
I'm an immigrant from other boards but I have been visiting the creative ones lately, like /fa/ and Sup Forums, /fa/ likes to wear plastic bags and space boots and you guys like this?
Is this an inside joke?
Thanks

>Do you guys unironically like this?
the music? yeah, it's great
the video's fine, it's pretty funny desu

>/fa/ likes to wear plastic bags and space boots
lunarcore is not a real thing
>you guys like this?
the video is a joke but it's one of the best songs of bottomless pit

>immigrant from other boards

You could have just said Sup Forums you uncultured swine

i love the song, obviously nobody's stroking their beards pondering the deeper meaning of the video though, it's clearly a joke

No Sup Forums "likes" death grips, like Sup Forums "likes" Kill la Kill, regulars hate it, cross boarder casuals love it and feel like they're taking part in board culture

Can you explain in detail why you like it, the melody, lyrics, some message behind it?
As a normie with casual music taste I can't help but feel people pretend to like this stuff because they want to fit into some sub-culture

>creative boards
>/fa/ and Sup Forums

such postmodernism... wow...

>regulars hate it
i've been on the death grips train since they did the nldw arg on Sup Forums, and the Sup Forums train for too fucking long. they're still one of my favorite conceptual art exhibitions anchored by sound and vision.

t. Someone who can't handle the fact that a majority of the board likes a band that he hates

so it is about "art"?
you dont like how it sounds?

i like it because it's hard-hitting and invokes feelings of raw aggression. there's no super-cool subculture of people pretending to like le patricione deaf grapes, it's pretty simple why people like it.
such satire... wow...
the video's clearly a joke, moron
nah, i love the way it sounds.
"conceptual art exhibitions anchored by sound and vision" is a reference to what death grips called themselves when they faked breaking up, it's a meme

>the video's clearly a joke, moron
where do you draw the line?

between what? joke or serious art?
when a band member is moving part of a shoe to simulate it rapping, i'm pretty certain it's a joke.
i mean, there can be art which is absurd, and you could argue that this video is just that, but i don't think anyone could say that they were being fully serious.

What did he mean by this, Sup Forums?

between satire/jokes and postmodernism.

not that guy, but there is no definitive line. it wouldn't be postmodernism if there was.

so you have no idea what postmodernism is
as expected of dg fans

no, what I'm saying is that it's pretty much based completely off of interpretation. not to say that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that that's the point of it in a way.

guys. you're being meme'd by death gripes
anti-art fucking sucks

I like DG's approach to electronic music. It's really catchy, but manages not to get boring too quickly (at least in my opinion). They just have good hooks and when they don't I think they compensate with atmosphere.

If you think DG is so weird and unlistenable that people are pretending to like them, then you gotta spend a bit more time on Sup Forums and listen to the really whacked out shit that gets posted here. After that, you'll start to see threads emerging of people feeling frustrated and as though something's wrong with them because they've listened to an experimental album over five times already but just can't force themselves to like it.

I don't see anything terrible inaccurate about his statement. How would you describe postmodernism then, and how would that description clash with his statement that meaning (in art especially) is no longer explicit or even really defined?

This is so fucking dank.

The fact that people even like this is embarrassing.

Death grips could literally shit in box and people would pay for it.

THEYRE UPLOADING TRASH GUYS DONT YOU GET IT FUCK

I don't think you understand the meaning of dank.

People like it because it's humorous, not because they think it's some stroke of genius. Lighten up.

this is the best death grips album

You must've uploaded the wrong album art here you go.

xD

same

I don't think you do ..

yr right

does anybody know the translation for the intro of punk weight is?

youtu.be/ngCK0mwnx5c?t=1m21s

dg's #1 most underrated song tbqh

I used to dislike this cover, but I think it's only grown on me with time. I don't know why, it's a really cheaply thrown together one, but it somehow fits it well.

I preferred the original cover

You must of fucked up

I think if you would try to get any deeper meaning out of it it's that the shoe represents the music and the hands Death Grips but Idk. It's was a nice upload none the less.

idk, here's what I got out of the video.
the shoe (Dr. Martens, a shoe that is commonly associated with punk culture) is broken apart, deconstructed, manipulated and reconstructed by a band that does that similarly with their music. sorry if that doesn't make any sense I'm typing on a phone and can't be fucked rereading and editing.

There's some suicide imagery like a body hanging from a noose at the end of the vid

The autism starts

honestly not a bad explanation. i can dig it

oh yeah now i remember why i dont fucking come to this board anymore

this could be one of two things in my mind:

it's either them catering to the lowest common denominator of their fanbase (which also happens to be the majoirty) that either listen to death grips because they're a "meme" or because they're intellectual posers that will eat up and attempt to extract deeper meaning from anything they shit out.
or
they got bored and decided to mess around with a shoe and film it and make it a music video because they don't really care

it could be a mixture of both but really either one is likely

Thanks for the detective work mr. internet detective

Did you ever consider that the explination could be something entirely outside of what you, some asshole sitting behind a computer thousands of miles away, not knowing any of DG personally, could be able to pin down exactly?

But seriously thank you for your input and take on the video i know we were all waiting with baited breath for your treasured input on things

Autism everyone making a video about a shoe into Deep Art

>wow it's something simple and easy to reproduce, that clearly means there is no meaning behind it
>people discussing things I don't understand means they have autism

The Actually To The Things As Good As You Are The Day Will Become The Night Or The Go And Get Some Also With A To The Nigger

Uh oh look out guys we got a real Sup Forums art scholar over here

what the fuck did you just say to me

I don't know, why don't you fucking analyse it asshole

I agree. I don't know why people like NOTM so much. There's only 1 or 2 good songs desu senpai

TMS tho every track is 10/10

AUTISM

nice meme

Ive got something you can ANALyze

Its my nutsack as i drag it across your forehead

sorry the truth hurts :)

:)

Is this a leak?

imagine Ride dropping the lid to his water bottle in the car and having trouble finding it

haha

hahaha

>Pic related
Where yeah seeing them?

I remember when nobody liked this album

when everyone spammed Exmilitary

why were people such plebs

could this be the greatest music video ever made?

as shit as some death grips fans can be, I'm glad people are giving NOTM appreciation

same. I got into them with GP and then NotM, and honestly everything I've heard since then has been downhill. none of their other stuff compares desu, I was really hoping for BP to go full DG2.0 like Hot Head made it out to be but it didn't and I was pretty disappointed

Hahaha xd

Deaf Grapes in itself is a disgrace to music.