Is indie dead?

Is indie dead?
Is prog the next big thing?
Will synth wave make it to the major leagues?

a) no
b) no
c) no

yes

no, no, maybe ?

perturbator is sick

I like synthwave, but there isn't enough diversity in the genre to make it big

no
no
no

Bumping an ebin bread

theres more diversity, more than dubstep or house ever had

I think the major problem is a lack of an actual name for the genre. Synthwave, darkwave, newretro...etc etc. Gotta have a definitive genre name first so people can actually branch out and discover new shit

No to all
Love Perturbator though

even my drunken self can recognize this shit bait thread sage this garbage

I can't buy this stuff I can't believe it

I read "Will synth" as "Will Smith" so I need to go to bed

I might check back in tomorrow

indie's dead as fuck, even SJWs hate it now

prog reached its zenith in the 70s

if synth wave finds some vocals it might

Uhh, no
Quite likely
Nah, unless another case alike dubstep happens

Yes
No
No

how is indie dead?
mac demarco
father john misty
vampire weekend

Just discovered Perturbator yesterday - random Youtube stumble upon. Fucking love Perturbator.

Check out Carpenter Brut if you haven't already

Same 80s style techno? Because Perturbator hits me right in the nostalgia, and that's what I like.

I've also been on a synth kick lately. Ayria, Essence of Mind, Suicidal Romance

How are those indie?
All of them suck btw

indie always sucked

And those are 3 terrible indie acts that got overhyped by faggots

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck YOU

Fuck me, please!

My body is ready to receive.

Better watch out with them album covers on Sup Forums, user. There's a retarded fucking faggot mod on the loose here.

wtf

I really hope synthwave doesn't blow up like dubstep.
I don't want this genre to be completely ruined by becoming mainstream and too popular for its own good.

If you think not-music-geeks give a shit about genre names or discover music because of genre names, we'll, you're an idiot.

No, no and no user

I couldn't give a fuck less about popularity. I listen to what I like. If it's dark evil sounding synth that somehow got mage popular with the beiber fans, then whatever. As long as it stay what it is, and the mainstream fans adapt to it, than cool.

Dont worry. You need to be really talented to make good synthwave. Ie - know how to play, know about synths and know your music history

There is no chance it will get corrupted by daddy rich kid pill popping edgy knob tweakers like dubstep did. That whole genre and the way it magically came sweeping in still make me sick to this day....

also related. my synthwave AOTY

my problem with synthwave is its complete lack of diversity in the drum department.

Seriously, bd 1 snare 3 with a retro sound to each, WOOOOooooo. Gets old as fuck fast

and don't forget the 8th/16th repeated note bass lines. FUCK