I've been using this board for a good 5 years or so now and I think I've lost my interest in music...

I've been using this board for a good 5 years or so now and I think I've lost my interest in music. I started out here at 15 listening to noise, industrial music, and doom/sludge/drone and everything I listened to seemed to lighten up from there. Over the years, I went to hardcore/post-hardcore, math rock, emo, surf rock, twee pop, jangle, and now all I can really enjoy is top 40 pop.

Does this happen to everyone here? Or is something wrong with me right now?

hell be fine

i just discovered mu today hello

OP here
Hell I ever started playing guitar because of this board. I started with atonal noise rock when I couldn't actually play and moved to drone/doom, post-hardcore, mathy emo, and now all I can seem to make are repetitive twee/jangle pop songs. What's happened to me Sup Forums? this is making me sad

idunno senpai, why do you think this happened?

I've only been on mu for a few weeks now, but I was listing to Beatles and indie folk at 15, and now at 18 I'm listening to a lot of heavier and darker stuff.

Maybe I'll be on that path for a while, maybe I'll be in your position at 23. I dunno, I'm just offering up my experiences.

infected by normies
godspeed on your musical journey

You were just a 15 year old avant teen and grew out of it. Either you start going back into more obscure music or you just learn to appreciate everything

.t former avant teen

just listen to what the fuck that you wanna listen to.. like seriously.

i do that but im confused as to why i dont like what i used to like anymore

That's been me for the past couple years. I started out the same way as you and at the same age. Scoured all over last.fm and rym cribbing off people like antiwarhol or other peeps trying to find the gems and that kind of killed my interest in music after so long, especially when I lost my entire library multiple times (spending probably a months worth of time downloading so much shit). Now I just lazily look for neat stuff on youtube but it doesn't cut it anymore. I'm actually going through soundcloud right now and it's fucking overwhelming how much stuff is being put out. Years ago it was the same way but now it's like, there's thousands of bedroom dj's putting out decent stuff and digging through that would take years. Everyone has such alluring cover art too. It's too much. Fmd.

because people get bored of things

drugs mate, you need to re-descover "your inner self"

this is good op
people who don't grow out of music are just children forever

do drugs

Sounds like you might have finally outgrown popular music.

Time for Classical and Traditional music

>now all I can really enjoy is top 40 pop.
whoops, nope you went the opposite direction and went full pleb. never mind.

i'm like you except i just listen to new stuff by old favorites and vaporwave

You fell for the poptimism meme

You used up all of your creativity

As far as i know you were always a pleb

Sage