How would Sup Forums rank Metallica's first four albums, from favourite to least favourite, with reasons? For me:

How would Sup Forums rank Metallica's first four albums, from favourite to least favourite, with reasons? For me:

1. Master of Puppets (well produced, unified feel, Cliff Burton at his absolute best)
2. Ride the Lightning (earnest, experimental and exciting)
3. And Justice for All (some excellent long pieces marred by some sparse production)
4. Kill 'Em All (OK, just a bit wobbly, Metallica trying to find their feet and all)

WHY DID CLIFF DIE

>Ride the Lightning
>Kill Em All
>Master of Puppets
>And Justice For All (lol no bass)

Ride the Lightning > Master of Puppets > And Justice for All > Kill 'em All

i like the first 3 equally
maybe kill em all would edge it out
and those 3 are just better than and justice for all
their quality took a dip there

all equally shit before Judas Priest and Iron Maiden these cucks are irrelevant on the metal scene.

Are we really comparing out dadrock power level

>Kill Em All
>last place

why though

it was their only thrash album

No.
No.
No.
No.

That's how I'd rank them

Haha very good here is your hipster upvote point

go listen to nails

nope - just the kirk factor.
they are sub-reprobate fag level shit.
why bother with them?

probably this order, though two and three could easily flip around depending on the mood

1 - And Justice for All
2 - Ride the Lightning
3 - Kill 'Em All
4 - Master of Puppets

so edgy

Agreed

1. AJFA - their songwriting just got more complex here I think and peaked in detail. Lots of experimenting with rhythms, time signatures, tempos etc. They had done it before, but it was usually songs off of an album, it seems on ajfa they just went all out on every song. Their songwriting had been this good before but imo not for the consistency of an entire album. No glaring weak points.

2. MOP - The title track is just a masterpiece. Songs like Disposable Heroes and Leper Messiah are also favourites of mine. Damage Inc. Is it's weakest point, and I've always found Battery very overrated.

3. RTL - in the battle of the ballads, Fade to Black > Welcome Home. Another amazing title track. For Whom and Creeping Death both incredible. Unfortunately I think Escape is probably the weakest song in the entirety of the first four albums, and Ktulu underwhelming closer

4. KTA - easily the weakest. Stripped back pure thrash, nothing is bad but nothing is mind blowingly amazingly written. My fave track is probably Metal Militia, what a fucking riff.

Adding to AJFA, the questionable production imo just gave the album more character.

Yes in an objective sense, it wasnt as good as the previous two, but it didn't weaken my enjoyment of the end product at all.

1. Kill 'em All

2. Metallica

3. St. Anger

Poop. Everything else

production holds up imo, had AJFA on in the car directly after death magnetic and the production on it just destroys magnetic (even the guitar hero version).

1. Master of Puppets
2. Ride the Lightning
3. And Justice for All
4. Kill 'Em All

Kill 'Em All (forever my favourite Metallica album, only one I've ever properly gotten into)
Ride The Lightening (mainly because of Creeping Death, love that song)
Master of Puppets (I find it boring and bloated, the start of "arena-thrash", not really a great sound for me)

Haven't even listened to all of AJFA I don't think

MoP>AJFA>RtL>Kill em all

Ajfa would be my favorite if it had better production.

Kill 'Em All - fast and catchy
Ride the Lightning - fast and bombast
Master of Puppets - catchy and not-so-fast

Identical to you OP

kill em all- fun thrash, best riffs and bass
justice-better drumming and song arrangement
master-best guitar leads
lightning-good but kind of scatterbrained and has lots of low points

this desu

1. Kill em all
2. Rdie the lightning
3. Master of puppets