Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8
youtube.com/watch?v=B7encWb7lNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE
youtube.com/watch?v=jL9AdoeP0iU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

smoke more cigarettes

just basically plagiarize other indie bands while also being a talentless sell-out who nobody in the vancouver scene respected

get a reverbed, chorus guitar. Play only major 7th chords. Add some synths that play major 7th chords too. Moan all your lyrics. Boom, you're mac and cheese.

you have to naturally be a goofball and then just play by the numbers hypnagogic pop tunes

what indie bands did he plagiarize?

He's on a relatively small indie label. I've never heard a song of his in a commercial.
He's only popular because people genuinely like his music

Allegedly Moving Like Mike was in a Target commercial

>in 2011
I don't blame him for that actually, guy wasn't selling records yet and musicians don't make shit.
Now that 2 and Salad Days are pretty big sellers he hasn't had a song in an ad since, nor has he been a feature in a pop song or anything like that.

Get decent at guitar, learn how to write pop music (biggest thing is song structure and progression. You can have a catchy hook or a nice chord progression, but you need to make it all fit together coherently/semi-coherently to be accessible.)

Why aren't indie artists selling out ironically? You get the best of both worlds

mac is waaaaacky!
i smoke a LOT nowadays and sadly can't make music like him. i haven't even touched production stuff in months cause it brings back terrible memories of my ex. gonna get back into it and let you know if the smoking has helped

>plagerise other indie bands
care to name a few?
>Talentless sell-out
He literally makes all his music himself. No one else even plays on his albums. You can not like his music, but Mac is anything but talentless

off the top of my head

Mac Demarco - Salad Days
youtube.com/watch?v=RheJW2nhkb8

sounds like

The Kinks - Picture Book
youtube.com/watch?v=B7encWb7lNQ

and

Mac Demarco - Chamber of Reflection
youtube.com/watch?v=NY8IS0ssnXQ

sounds like

Shigeo Sekito - the word II
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE

along with

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Gold Splatter
youtube.com/watch?v=jL9AdoeP0iU

there's more i can't think of rn

Like his music. Shame his WOAH SO QUIRKY AND GOOFY persona rubbed off on all of the teenagers.

>Salad Days sounds like Picture Book
So, you just can't differentiate between different songs? The Chamber of Reflection / The Word II thing is true, he openly admitted that. The BMSR opening is pretty generic, I could easily see that being a coincidence.

>there's more i can't think of rn
So there are no more.

if u can't see the similarities between picture book and sald days you're either retarded or in denial

It isn't plagiarizing when the only thing these songs have in common are the key and chord progressions. You can effortlessly find a song that any band has "plagiarized" from another simply because there are so many songs its unfathomable.

i mean,
it sounds more like a green day song

I'm just waiting for Father John Misty to do it.

You got to 1:59, right?

The hook from Salad Days is lifted directly from there.

Ya, but these are the only one. So 95% of his music is orginal. Also, 'indie bands', not really, maybe bsmr. I think you threw this out there really quickly cause you just dont like mac, and than had to rush to find your cover up.

>seventh chords
>chorus pedal
>very tight drumming
>lofi equipment
>descending chorus melodies
>arpeggios
Also, his vocal melodies are usually sparse and spread out, meaning he doesn't sing over most of the measure.

If you learn to play his music, you will probably be able to see patterns and distinctions in his songwriting.

Just do whatever Tonetta does, but with an image that is palatable for fratboys and normies.

this

This

This

OH SHIT

DUDE CIGARETTES

DUDE PENIS

be random xD

Why is Mac cool to hate?