Was the performance of "Goofy Goober...

Was the performance of "Goofy Goober, Rock!" at the end of The SpongeBob SquarePants the most intense and badass use of music in film? I seriously get chills.

It was pretty good desu

Probably.

Manager!?

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

*Ocean Man starts playing

I found the alternative ending where he shoots up the building and The Dead Flag Blues starts playing pretty jarring.

His guitar literally has GG. As in GG No Re to every other rock musician.

i actually agree. that scene get's me pumped out of my mind

I thought I was the only one to STILL get chills from this.

I can't tell if everyone in this thread is just being ironic but I sincerely agree.

same

I'm not.
This, and the Bubble Bowl. Like, how tf does a cartoon show have such great music?

look at how he plays that guitar, he doesn't even need the other three strings

The Spongebob Movie is a solid piece of film

i'm being sincere

I honestly think their can be an argument made that SpongeBob is the greatest television show ever made. Not just cartoon, but the entirety of TV history. It's like Seinfeld on steroids.

spongebob after the movie is horrible tho

Yeah, but its peak was higher than any other show. There's actually a lot of classic episodes made after the film that you'd think we're made earlier, as well.

i loved sweet victory as a kid, i never realised it much back then, but it felt great to see squidward actually happy in that episode

i honestly agree, i dont even watch spongebob as much anymore, and the detailed close ups are terrifying as hell

Yeah, Squirdward's expression at the end really touched me as a kid.

It's easily one of the best but let's not get into nostalgia-fueled Reddit-tier circlejerking

I'm not sure, but I think the horrifying close ups on things was always part of SpongeBob. Remember the health inspector episode where they show the disgusting burger before he eats it?

Let's

These are the most interesting conversations on this board

Deadass, late spongebob doesn't deserve half the shit it gets. Certainly, it's not as good as the early work. But the later episodes are pretty solid, namely Season 7 and 8.

I'm being post-sincere

Still 100 times better than these new cartoons. Some of the autistic shit I see my little brother watching...

Yes

I'm being proto-sincere

Goofy Goober Rock is legitimately a better song than the Twisted Sister song that it's based on
The solo is such cornball shred, but it's such a damn tasty shred that it's hard not to like it

I got flashbacks to Doug Martsch shredding on guitar during live performances when watching the movie

>not being proto-post-sincere

the part where he solos and flies up into the air legitimately brings tears of joy to my eyes for some reason