Bowie: a song written by a man knowing he was close to death and through his creative spirit STILL wanted to make art...

>Bowie: a song written by a man knowing he was close to death and through his creative spirit STILL wanted to make art out of it, something to serve as an endpiece to both his musical career and life

>Radiohead: Thom Yorke Mumbling About Nothing Over Quiet Instrumental #207

i stg radiohead fans on rym are the worst

both songs aren't very good honestly

RYM is Radiohead territory, it's only natural

both songs are very good honestly

No one cares

I Can't Give Everything Away isn't really anything special. its pretty good

Blackstar is fucking gash, man, get over yourself

RYM also used to be full of Porupine Tree and Steven Wilson fanboys, but they seem to have gone away

yeah it's shit
Kid A i'm fine with being that high, it doesn't really deserve it but it's creative and influential enough to be near the top
OK Computer is shit and the fact that it's #1 of all time on rym is proof radiohead fans ruin the algorithms they use to attempt to be unbiased to mass reviews in comparison to other albums

>OK Computer is shit
No it isn't.

OKC has moments of pure amazing instrumentation and songwriting.

It's 8/10 at least.

even if i agreed with you, (and to be fair, i should relisten to okc a few more times) an 8/10 album should not be #1 of all time

I think Ziggy Stardust is like a 6/10 and it has like the highest overall rating on rym without taking allocated votes into account.

I like Bowie too but I've never understood why such a generic, safe album should be rated as such.

if I die will all my art become good

i thought Kind of Blue, A Love Supreme and The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady were rated higher (4.30, 4.34, 4.37 respectively)

only one way to find out

>I've never understood why such a generic, safe album should be rated as such.
See: Radiohead

>OKC
>Kid A
>Amnesiac
>Generic, safe

Are you actually going to back up your claims?

>a song written by a man knowing he was close to death and through his creative spirit STILL wanted to make art out of it, something to serve as an endpiece to both his musical career and life

why would that imply the music is better

>OKC
>Kid A
>Amnesiac
>Anything other than generic and safe

Are you actually going to back up your claims?

>memewie

>negatively describing albums as "safe"

o i am laffin

I don't need to back them up, they've been backed up for a decade and a half now.

Compare those albums to almost all of the other rock albums being released at the time (and even to this day). Now think about what "generic and safe" actually means.

>Daydreaming is the top single of 2016
Nowhere near the best song on AMSP, not even better than Burn the Witch.

Am I the only person who notices that the RYM score for ICGEA is higher than Daydreaming?

Are you daft? I'm serious.

Keep telling yourself that, contrarian.

Daydreaming has a 3.95, ICGEA has a 3.98.

>500 less ratings
nice observation there