People who think drumming is easy lack knowledge of music

Even as someone who is not a drummer and would not want to be, I know that drumming requires great attention to tempo and loudness, coordination, synchronization of both hands and energy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ARiXPGhDb2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

agree

People who think any great music is made easily lack the perspective of a dedicated musician

shut teh fuck up

correct

Yeah

Even as someone who is not a drum programmer and would not want to be, I know that drum programming requires great attention to tempo and loudness, coordination, synchronization of both hands and energy.

drummer here. it's easy as shit, stop being retarded. you literally just hit stuff to make it sound the way you want it to sound.

you are either a bad drummer or you play generic punk rock
anyone who is not an idiot can hear the difference between drum machines and real drums
if you can't, listen to more music (less 80's rock shit, please lol)

you're not even a drummer. stop talking out of your ass

i'm not a drummer, is bonham considered good or is it just dadrock memes? i like how he plays

not op but I stand correct
I'm sorry you spend your days covering blink 182 when you could be practicing to make interesting music

>People who think drumming is easy lack knowledge of music
Drummer here. Who exactly? I don't think I've heard anyone say that drumming is a walk in the park whether they're a musician or not, and if they are a musician whether they're a drummer or not.

Particularly not anything beyond a mid tempo 4/4, kick on the 1 & 3 and snare on the 2 & 4.

>yeah live drums are the real deal man drum machines dont RAWK it like them tom toms and cowbells do haha

I can smell the delusions of grandeur from here

>making assumptions

>keeps rythm
>fits band's style
>doesn't get in way of other instruments

Meg White is one of the most important drummers for their bands ever. No amount of technical competency could replace her.

He was excellent. He's not the #1 drummer ever like he gets credited for a lot but he had technique and feel out the ass. He was also probably one of the first rock drummers to really thrash out in a way. He always looked like he was having a blast too.

>No amount of technical competency could replace her.
a drum loop could and you likely wouldn't even notice

>he thinks that drums are only used in rock music
how does it feel knowing nothing about any kind of music?
nice pop rock you have there user, too bad it's commercial garbage

fite me irl

>he thinks drum machines are only used in '80s rock shit'
>he criticises something for being 'commercial'

wow what original, open-minded and astute opinions you have there

i play guitar so i don't really know anything about drum techniques other than extremely basic stuff, but he had a really great groove to him. any time i try and play a zeppelin song with a drummer they never really get that feel, they always rush it, he plays really behind the beat. i guess that's hard to do

>>he thinks drum machines are only used in '80s rock shit'
I know they aren't, they are used by lazy fucks who make cheap music for retards like you who don't know how to tell the difference between drum machines and acoustic drums

Ok, I'm exaggerating, I know good stuff with drum machines
But if you can't understand that they are different you just haven't listened to much music yet
>he criticises something for being 'commercial'
No problem on that, artists gotta eat
But thinking that the artist doesn't know he's making music for selling is being too innocent

As a "Drummer" I agree because I'm still struggling to learn it.

Started drumming yesterday.

For now i can just do simple beats and 2 or 3 simple breaks.

But advanced stuff seems 10000000 more difficult, like syncopation, using your 4 limbs differently, etc..

Rock/pop drumming is really pretty easy. You can get to an acceptable level within a few months with no formal study or lessons but just by playing along with albums for a few hours a week. You'd be ready to sit in and jam with most groups and probably sound fine.

Jazz drumming is very difficult though.

so who do drummers consider some of the most beast mode drummers today?

Portnoy

Eric Harland
Brian Blade
Antonio Sanchez
Chris Dave
Jeff Watts

>Jazz drumming is very difficult though.
At a high level it is, like with many styles. I have seen me some baaaad jazz drumming.

Portnoy is so unbelievably lifeless. anyone who thinks he is actually a great drummer is beyond help

Gene Hoglan and Tomas Haake

>retards like you who don't know how to tell the difference between drum machines and acoustic drums
thats a very strong implication, and you're certainly not deriving it from my posts. You're engendering an antagonism between electronic percussive arrangements and analogue drumming which noone really thinks is happening but youre doing it anyway because a jazz purist aint a jazz purist unless his paranoiac attitude makes him feel threatened by modern music encroaching on his ivory towers of theoretical knowledge by drum programmers who are capable of doing percussive feats on DAWs which go above and beyond the physical limitations of analogue drumming, so you whine and you moan whenever someone mentions drum machines (despite having no reason for doing so) simply because they're better at your job than you are

>Eric Harland

jesus christ

youtube.com/watch?v=ARiXPGhDb2I