If you became kurt cobain level famous and you had the opportunity to wear a t-shirt with an obscure artist on it while...

if you became kurt cobain level famous and you had the opportunity to wear a t-shirt with an obscure artist on it while the paparazzi snapped inconspicuous photos of you which obscure artist would it be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ko_NLrh1rKI
radiatorhospital.bandcamp.com/album/torch-song
zlotajesien.bandcamp.com/album/girl-nothing
nosferatud2.bandcamp.com/album/were-gonna-walk-around-this-city-with-our-headphones-on-to-block-out-the-noise
thepauses.bandcamp.com/album/the-pauses-great-deceivers-split-ep
twitter.com/AnonBabble

daniel johnston

A really shitty garage band from down the street. Gotta support that locally grown teenage edge.

if only

François Virot

Cheap Trick

Nine of Swords

A white shirt with "LISTEN TO LA MONTE YOUNG" written in Sharpie.

my secret side project that nobody knows is really me ;^)

Nicole 12

I saw someone wearing this the other day.

My real actual band

its ironic enough to be ok in my book

Big|Brave

Martin Shkreli already did it with The Hotelier but implying they're underground.

I already wear this shirt all the time so I guess if I became famous it'd give Big Star some attention

dark side of the moon

This is the objectively correct answer. RSM kicks ass

all he needs is one high quality documentary made about him and subsequent release of covers by famous musicians and he'd be rich.

I can't believe it hasn't happened already.

If you're a documentary film maker, RSM is literally a goldmine.

Jawbreaker

Probably have to be this, because I'm in a shitty punk band and tricking punks into googling a cellist would be delicious.

I have the one with Nirvana- Nevermind and OH BOY I almost got into a fistfight over it once.

My man

HAHA WHOOPS

an attic abasement shirt, obscure and from my hometown

>if only
OH IF ONLY WE COULD BE
youtube.com/watch?v=ko_NLrh1rKI

>not just making up a band name and logo out of the blue and having a t-shirt made up just to fuck with the media and your fans.

none because no one i listen to is obscure

I'd go to those places that let you print your own design on t-shirts and print the cover for some bandcamp thread noise album on one

That picture of Kurt Cobain's dead body.

burzum

i lyke dis 1

This and

>wearing band t-shirts

Where dat Hot Topic at nigga?

This one

There are some bandcamp artists that I have an unreasonably amount of love for

Swans desu

>daniel johnston
>obscure
anyway, it would be someone i know. barring that it would be wussy.

DeAth GriPs!!!

yeah what is this meta

Could you post some? im in need of some good bandcamp stuff

Based Shkreli

Dolly Parton

Nah, he doesnt want to sell out like that i believe. Thats why he didnt work as a session musician like his father, he did his own thing and thats what makes him great.

Id rather not evey common joe on reddit latch on to such a perfect and un sullied musician as rsm (or even ariel pink for that matter!).

I have a big gripe with this as there was a documentary called "Jodorowsky's Dune" which forever started a reddit circle jerk over how ''obscure'' alenjandro jodoroswsky is and how ''dune'' would have been the greatest film ever... now the most plebian redditor feels like hes ''in'' on a secret ... because hes heard of Alejandro Jodorowsky and the first dune book. Shitty documentaries can have a lot of impact. Basically watering down someones audience with more and more mainstream normies

you honestly think that big star arent already popular?

radiatorhospital.bandcamp.com/album/torch-song
pop stuff

zlotajesien.bandcamp.com/album/girl-nothing
polish noise rock

nosferatud2.bandcamp.com/album/were-gonna-walk-around-this-city-with-our-headphones-on-to-block-out-the-noise
English garage rock band

thepauses.bandcamp.com/album/the-pauses-great-deceivers-split-ep
more pop

the miffed neighbours

Hello Kitty Suicide Cult

Or

We Butter The Bread With Butter

I'd ask them to open for me too.

I crush on Marisa like a 14 year old girl does on Bieber

I actually own the shirt with this design on it

now that they've changed their name because of controversy I feel so deliciously edgy when I wear it

If you asked 100 random people in the street who either of these are not one of them would know

where did you get it?

nice one, this guy seriously deserves more recognition
one of my fav albums 2015

>all these well known bands
Remember; it's not about showing off how cool and underground you are, you edgy little faggots

Saw them live before they were forced to change their name, bought it there and then. Fucking great show as well

The only correct answer

>I almost got into a fistfight over it once
explain pls

>obscure artist

>now that they've changed their name because of controversy I feel so deliciously edgy when I wear it
you know the albums still named Viet Cong right?

Alien Kids
Time Machine Modulus
Jason Aldean
the list goes on

TIME
MACHINE
MODULUS

>implying any one of us can be Kurt Cobain famous in this day and age

Wovenhand

I agree, but I'd say that's a good sign. Don't get me wrong, I really like Nirvana. But the thing is, the reason Nirvana meant so much is that the musical climate of the 80s mainstream was so bad. 80s pop music was almost all weak, awful, synthetic pap, and no one in the underground could catch a break... this is also why the 80s underground is so fantastic. So when Nirvana broke into the mainstream, it was the first time a band rooted in those underground 80s movements had been shown to most people, and for them it was a revelation.

Right now we're in an era when you can shut out any music you're not interested in because of how media currently works. This means I can find anything I want with an internet search, and if I want something underground I don't have to investigate in an actual scene or record shop. Because of this indie bands are doing extremely well right now, and the music industry is struggling horribly at the same time. I have no idea who the big pop stars are, and the only time I hear pop music is when I'm in a public space like a night club, cafe, mall, etc.

I assume in 15 years or so there will be another Nirvana, though. The reason for this is that the current state of music is unsustainable. The music industry will figure out how to be profitable again, and then they will find a way to drown out the music they're not pushing, and then bland, shitty pop music will rule again. And when that happens, the underground will go through another gestation period, and then somebody from the underground will break through like a revelation and make shitty pop music inferior once again.

Interesting. What style of music do you think the breakthrough band will be in 15 years?

>daniel johnston
>obscure
the premise was flawed to begin with, stop being autistic

well no shit, simon. still doesn't change the fact that its a name which triggered a lot of venues into refusing to let them play. just means when I get papped with that tee on it'll increase my indie cred tenfold

No idea, but I have a hunch it will feature strong, relatable songwriting, and feature instrumentation that's accessible, and maybe simple. I think for a band to have this sort of impact, it's important that people can relate strongly to it and hold it more personally. That's the inherent weakness with synthetic pop music - because it's made to be digestible to the widest demographic possible, people don't hold it that dearly, and there can't be much substance. That's why Nirvana and other bands in the alternative explosion like R.E.M., Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. spoke to people and blew genres like hair metal out of the water: they felt more real.

Kinda hard to think about that, because it would almost entirely depend on whats happening in the music industry/world at that time.

Could be anything. Really it just has to speak an entire demographic of people

>The music industry will figure out how to be profitable again, and then they will find a way to drown out the music they're not pushing, and then bland, shitty pop music will rule again
honestly, I believe that the music 'industry' is anomaly in the history of music which is unlikely to last long. recording artists will be subsumed by the incredible ease and cost efficiency of electronic production, and eventually all pop music will follow the same trail - and since everything will be streamed, it won't be so much an industry as a public broadcasting service which you pay a lump sum for every month or so.

On the other hand, independent bands will be pushed further underground, releasing very limited numbers of physical releases for stupidly high prices, but will make gig tickets so cheap and concerts so frequent that it won't even matter.

they're ready to go guys!

Nirvana is shit, the 80s mainstream pop was great

Exuma

I would just wear shirts of bands I like, obscure or not

prolly lord snow or a Lync or KARP shirt if I ever bother to make either

I'd wear exclusively Kanye's clothing line.
>tfw You'll never know if I'm being genuine

this, I'd like to see some attempts for it itt

are you being genuine?

Listened to Nosferatu D2, really enjoyed it. Any recs similar?

If I told you then you would know and I'd be a liar for saying you'd never know.

how do you know that the you you said was me?

maeth

I had intended it to be read as "you (plural)" but I applaud your dedication.
It would mostly be taking the piss but there are some pieces that do actually look comfy as fuck (i.e. that sweater under another sweater with the sleaves cut off above the elbows).

Cleaners from venus

Kingdom Of The Holy Sun

fpbp

I mean they're pretty acclaimed among dedicated music fans but I almost never meet people who know them
Most of the people I know who like them are because I played them for them

def today is the day, or maybe arthur russel

ain soph it is a possibility as well

my man