Can we agree this is the best first disc debut from a band of all time?

Can we agree this is the best first disc debut from a band of all time?

Try to prove I'm wrong,

personally i kinda agree
however objectively speaking TVUN exists

yes and L.A. Woman was their best album imo
also Full Circle and Strange Days are also great

I fucking love Strange Days, People Are Strange has to be one of my favourite songs of all time

The Doors in general were incredibly good, I don't get how so many people despise them.

because they are sugarcoated by the "dadrock" label and then grouped with bands like led zeppelin and co.

however what these guys did were really different

I guess it's because they got famous from their pop songs that were popular among girls only

But the last track is the only great one in their discog

It's because a lot of edgy teenagers go through a Doors phase where they think that their music is loldeep

I'd want to listen to The End on a trip but I think that's not smart

>The Doors in general were incredibly good, I don't get how so many people despise them.

way too much filler imo. there's so many mediocre songs on their albums..

Because they were shit.

Only redeeming factor is Morrison's voice.

I don't think any debut album ever shook the world of rock music as hard as In The Court of the Crimson King.

lol. prog fans are completely delusional.

see

Never Mind the Bollocks comes to mind.

Like...? Seriously I don't get this mediocre song bullshit. Yeah there are tracks that don't immediately get your ADD tier attention, but they are like the rest of the self titled still great tracks when looked at carefully.

They aren't like Zeppelin or Who or really many 70s records that are considered "classic" which are bloated to hell and back. That is unless you're talking about albums after their debut cuz that's a totally different story.

Literally the most delusional kinds of fans.

ITT people who are mad they'll never be Jim Morrison

It is an excellent debut. Alabama Song is the only track I'm lukewarm on.

I adore these also.

>prog rock
>shaking the world
come on man, only Pink Floyd managed to do that, and even then and fans say it's not really prog

>prog
>good
back to the basement sperglord

>all these objectively wrong opinions
kys

prove to me right now that In The Court of The Crimson King "shook the world". It's a great album, but it's fucking prog rock, no one gives two shits about it outside of the prog rock community.

Wrong.

>not really prog
Albums like Wish You Were Here and Animals and songs like Echoes are distinctly progressive rock.

yeah, but I've seen many prog rock fans say it's not really prog, and Dark Side is their biggest album and it's an album that actually did shake the world

Excuse me?

No one gives two shit about any music you like outside of your basement.

>

but i dont have a basement user

I suppose you could make a case for Dark Side not being a prog album, as well as everything before Atom Heart Mother. I think a lot of those comments might come from prog fans trying to distance the genre from the popularity of bands like Pink Floyd, who are certainly much more popular than any other big prog rock band like Yes or Genesis.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL FUCK NAH

I'd vote for this one
this one was a fantastic debut but nowhere near as huge, especially in an era where Is This It existed
also good one

Top 10 all time albums at least imho!

Agreed

ITCOCK
Music From Big Pink

THERE YA FUCKING GO.

>Zeppelin I
>Doors s/t
>Velvet Underground and Nico
>In the Court of the Crimson King
>Kiss s/t
>Black Sabbath s/t
>Van Halen s/t
The list goes on

So many bands back then had killer debuts. If I had to choose one I'd say The Velvet Underground and Nico, but there's too many to really make a definitive list.

great debut? yes. better than the doors? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love The Doors, but Morisson trying really hard and unsubtly to build himself up as a wise mystical modern-day prophet sometimes leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially because it worked.
Related

Crimson King is really fuckin popular among the people who actually listens to music, what are you on? It is not constrained with prog rock community at all.

This, also Turn on the Bright Lights, Led Zeppelin I, Grace by Jeff Buckley, The Blue Album, Enter the Wu-Tang, The College Dropout, Funeral, Straight Outta Compton. I do dig The Doors though.

Definitely Doors influenced, but yeah, this is more musical and more consistent.

I'd say Led Zeppelin 1 has it beat

I'm hungry

It's great but Master Of Reality and Sabotage are better

I would agree but on second thought that fucking Evil Woman cover might hold it back from the top spot.

I swear I'm the only one speaking of the modern lovers and Richman on Sup Forums

bramp

Check mate

yes

also this one