>caring about what others think

>Pet Sounds less than 3.5

>I browse Sup Forums

>robert johnson is the greatest blues artist of all time

>I don't like it therefore its bad

>oh yeah i love ambient music, except william basinski he's a talentless hack

i hate this so much

/thread

There was one new chick in high school who told me the first time we met The Beatles were her favorite band. I asked her what her favorite album was (not in a hur dur my tastes are better than yours kinda way, I was genuinely asking) and she just looked away. All her the songs she mentioned were their early pop stuff too.

>Bohemian Rhapsody is a bad song

>regularly posts to Sup Forums
>pretends to be special for having "nonpleb taste"
if any should be red flag its this

There's a difference between taste and claiming something is the best song of all time.

Especially a song as bad as Bohemian Rhapsody.

>ITT: how to automatically spot a pleb

have a friend who is fucking obsessed with queen and say that they are GOAT

so fucking irritating

>Bohemian Rhapsody is bad
Nigga it isn't the best song in the world but you'd have to be retarded to think it's bad.

It's bad. And so is Queen. Absolute pleb band of the highest order. Fucking corny ass music.

In your opinion.

reddit ruined queen for me

Nah it's objective fact

>We Are The Champions
>We Will Rock You
These songs are pretty much memes at this point.

Reddit ruined everything for me. I can't watch a Tarantino movie or listen to a Queen/Radiohead/Pink Floyd song now without thinking "this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes."

Fair enough, but what about the rest of their catalogue? Sure there are some tracks that might be too popular for you to enjoy, but most of them are still decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7ggVUqYvdg
good covers of it though

You care way too much about that than you probably should

I don't care that they're popular. Their music is just straight-up cheesy. And their albums are full of filler.

Alright. I respect your opinion, have a nice day and all that.

Nah, Queen isn't that bad. Most of their output is middle-of-the road stuff and most of their albums are like 5 or 6/10. But they are massively overrated by the general public, which leads to a backlash against them by elitist boards like Sup Forums that want to distance themselves and compensate by saying Queen is "shit tier" and whatnot. They're not a great band but they're also not the bottom of the barrel garbage they're made out to be around here.

>it's it's popular, it's shit

>deafheaven is shit and isnt real black metal, it was made by a bunch of hipster faggots and the vocals dont make sense

>"oh I love [insert name]!"
>only listened to individual songs

Bohemian Rhapsody is unironically good, and I couldn't care less for the rest of Queen's discography.

The status it's attained by normies makes it receive more hatred than it deserves.

They do suck. Their albums are a 3/10 at best. I hate hearing people tell me
They are amazing and one of the best based on the fact that freddy had a great voice. He does have a good voice, too bad they couldnt write songs for shit

Not even the biggest of plebs listens to Queen for their albums.

They're a singles band, through and through.

>I listen to Grimes, Tame Impala, Death Grips, Mac Demarco, Ariel Pink, DIIV, Sweet Trip, Kendrick Lamar, Aphex Twin and James Ferraro.
>My favorite genres are vaporwave, shoegaze, concious hip-hop, IDM and neo-psychedelia.
>I browse pitchfork and watch theneedledrop

Aphex twin is great tho and if you disagree you're probably just a pleb who only knows his IDM work (which is still pretty good anyway).

>"I love music"

>doesn't buy albums
>doesn't go to concerts
>doesn't play any instruments

>>doesn't buy albums

t. rockist

Eh, I don't think they're quite that bad but I'll agree I'm super tired of hearing people praise the shit out of their mediocre music.

It's the combination not the artists

>"[Generic Dadrock] was/is the greatest band ever"

"Oh, cool. What's your favorite album by m?"

>"Uhh... Greatest Hits"

>I love Modest Mouse!
Only knows Dashboard and Float On
>I live Radiohead!
Only knows Creep and Karma Police

>I rate Zidane

"Just listen with one ear, user"

REEEEE
fucking christ

>song is over 9 mins
>"i'm not going to listen to this, it's too long"

Grossly underrated :^)

It's a jumbled mess that doesn't flow. First some basic bitch ballad, then some retarded rock opera concept followed by a basic bitch riff with some dumb lyrics.

It's an overrated mess of a song but modern fans like it because muh rock opera concept. Or that it tries to be something more than the typical radio shit they've always heard.

>song is over 5 minutes
>a good song never needs to be longer than three minutes!

>buying albums in 2016

wwweeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Every school has that weird boy into metal and the girl that pretends to know music.

>I love this band!
>only listens to their three most mainstream songs

>tries to play a song they like on guitar
>they mess it up multiple times
>oh I'm just playing it MY way. There's hardly a difference!

OP are you perhaps Dutch?

I was that weird dude.

The classic rock fuck boy hated me.

I knew that girl at my high school. During one of our final assemblies to celebrate graduation they had announcers do a bunch of "fun" stuff including host a rap battle where 5 people from the audience could volunteer to do a verse or two over a beat they had. Some of them were actually pretty decent. That girl was last in line and when her time came she made a brief remark about liking music with "real talent" and then proceeded to try and sing over the beat instead of rapping. It was the cringiest shit I have seen in my life to date.

>these people will eventually grow up and learn nothing

It is average

>doesn't like sunbather

>I browse reddit

>ITT: how to automatically spot a pleb

>mfw any dadrock is among their favorite bands

fuk u

they think the beatles are good

"oh no...what if Sup Forums finds out I like this...what will they think...??"

cunt

Come on, do you REALLY not like "I Want to Break Free"?

takes anything seriously

I listened too much of Queen when I was younger and OD'd on that. There are too many artists I OD'd and cannot ever listen for enjoyment again.

Fag

but this is true

dipshit

He's not the only one, but that statement is correct

this is the truth, literally nobody you encounter throughout your life will ever call your taste "reddit-tier", and the only ones who think it will be the occasional Sup Forumstard you come across, but even still they'll be too autistic to call you out on it, stop caring what an anonymous board thinks.

Bitch nigga

God damn it

oy

Faggot

why do you do this

fuck you

b

>The Talking Heads changed rock as we know it

Dude

>The Talking Heads
>The

but really they were just the best new wave band :^)

Basinski is probably one of the most talentless of all hacks in music senpai

>Autechre's elseq 1-5 isn't AOTY/AOTD/GOAT
>Autechre's elseq 1-5 hasn't transcended humanity and music itself
>other music isn't obsolete because of Autechre's elseq 1-5

The most basic of plebs indeed.

Why

G

Just because you and I need to constantly seek out new experiences to stave off the crippling anxiety, depression, and loneliness doesn't mean that everyone else does.

y tho

fuck

pleb

The only thing that makes someone a pleb is their inability to enjoy death grips.

I use it as a pleb litmus test

y

Again