Is she the most talented woman in the history of popular music?

is she the most talented woman in the history of popular music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y01fP1GFJgk
youtube.com/watch?v=d2tBhaVEWGM
youtube.com/watch?v=GW2Pb6XeoO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, Freddie Mercury was

what do you think?

She is one of the most attractive.

Bjork is the sound of me sliding my dick inside her

I think so, at least.

medúlla proves that she is indeed the best

She doesn't hold a candle to Joni tbqh

Yeah, and she even (admittedly) apes Joni's aesthetic at times.

implying it aint pic related

Bjork is one of the worst successful musicians of all time.

Stfu with that zing shit

Nope, it's Claire Boucher

yessum.

shit tier "art" pop

Scientifically so.

>begins making music at 10, in a isolated country out of the world
>first album recorded at 11, but she didn’t want to contract any label pursuits
>first punk band at 14
>been part of the Icelandic post-punk movement of the 80s
>labeled and toured with Crass and Einstürzende Neubauten with her band KUKL in the ’84-’85
>founder and lead singer of the Sugarcubes, first world acclaimed Icelandic band
>outstanding vocal capabilities with unique timbre and unmatchable emotive mark like I never heard before
>makes jazz scat-singing like this: youtube.com/watch?v=Y01fP1GFJgk
>goes solo at 28 and releases Debut, one of the first albums credited to have introduced acid house and electronica into mainstream
>an involving discography made only by beautiful records, each one very different from the others, both musically and emotively
>experimented with every kind of electronica, with influences and elements that range from trip-hop to IDM, from classical to avant-garde, to chamber pop to industrial

>a polyhedral attitude and interest in every kind of music
>being Thom’s hugest crush
>hosted the documentary Modern Minimalists
>powerful skilled performer with overwhelming live shows
>wants each of her song represented visually in her own way
>has music videos like this: youtube.com/watch?v=d2tBhaVEWGM
>is also a great hidden actress
>multimedial artist who runs a interdisciplinary art project which is school subject in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Greenland and Denmark
>has her own installations into a museum
>interviewed significant music figures such as Stockhausen, Arvo Part and John Cage, whose all demonstrated appreciation for her music
>50 years old today and still releasing beautiful music and art

Hey, you uploaded the wrong image

This.
Ew.

Honestly if people think Bjork is inferior to Kate Bush is because they're just pretentious or naive, they're essentially on the same level of significance and influence. But I personally prefer Bjork, she's constantly active still today, just look at her virtual reality project for Vulnicura, pure ecstasy.

That or you are just a Ricardo.

I'm a fan of music.

this is pretty well accurate, she is outstanding

She's the most talented PERSON in the history of music.

Few people have branched out in to so many mediums and been equally creative and brilliant in all of them.

Plebs are gonna pleb.

Explain.

i'm not even a big fan of bjork, but you're actually retarded if you think that grimes is more talented than bjork

>who is Kate Bush

good question

Grimes general died?

Now that's really pushing it. She's definitely one of the most talented people in contemporary popular music. Can't really compare her to the greats in jazz or classical though.

no

Ah, sorry, I missed the crucial word there. I meant to say "popular music" like OP. But I didn't. I would still definitely argue that she's up there with the greats, but no, not of all time.

World art critics consider her the most important female figure in art of the last 30 years.

sauce?

She definitely is. Still can't compare her to Stravinsky, Shostakovitch, Rachmaninov, Prokofiev, Chopin, Liszt etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=GW2Pb6XeoO4

Elskaðu alla og "I love you"

BIG

MILKY

is this the same woman who sang "oh oh cheri"?

CLAWS

hawt

N I C O
I
C
O

>you want to do........what...with me?

>not stevie nicks or victoria legrand

Top heh

It's between her and Kate Hudson, idk who to pick.

Definitely not Claire Belcher

>bjork will never make you a gentle handjob while whispering things in your hears from behind

why living

what a wonderful world

good taste?

how could an innocent elf like this fall for the bbc

The most talented female artists never get discussed here. That might be why so much of this board seems misogynistic. They just haven't heard the best stuff.

what's the best stuff then, enlighten me

bjork,

pagan poetry
neon lights
joga

That would be Josephine Foster.

Just because Joni Mitchel started making music in the 1960's doesn't automatically make her better than Bjork. Her most acclaimed work is boring, she didn't really start to get interesting until her avant garde jazz stuff, and then she sounds about as good as Beth Gibbons on her solo album. Joni Mitchell's first album, Song to a Seagull, I think is better than Blue, which everyone seems so worshipful of. You can't just post an older artist and have their era serve as your entire argument.

You don't even like Grimes. I like Grimes, but whenever I see people talking positively about her on here I detect a strong sense of irony.

She's a less successful Madonna.