Minecraft - Volume Alpha

Is this the best introduction to the ambient genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-RGFyaq0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

ultracomfyalbum/10

It sure is piqued my curiosity.
It's also perfect expression of how calming wonderful the game felt before it became the staple diet of every mildly autistic 8-year-old.

I can add that if you played Minecraft back in the Alpha/Beta days and haven't for years now, this album will generate maximum feels.

If I could erase my memories of one game in order to experience being new to it again, it would hands down be MC.

this. i still play it occasionally. comfy music too.

I'd say it's a solid place to start

nah, that fucker of producer blocked me on twitter because I told him that the piratebay pic from Kanye wasn't even taken of Kanyes Mac

will minecraft ever be good again?

Wat

It is good RN in single player. Maybe multiplayer if you're in a closed, private server with friends.

The world generation has been made more interesting for one thing, and the challenge of the updated combat system adds longevity to whatever your end goal is.

not even a bad statement

you realise deadmau5 didn't produce the score for minecraft right

Is this the best introduction to the industrial genre?

Ah I just remembered how nice the soundtrack is, gonna get comfy and play minecraft again since I haven't in years.

Is it really worthwhile? I started in survival and mined for like half an hour and got bored.

As with most very open sandbox games you need to be able to set yourself goals or it literally stops being a game.

This game has such a great soundtrack

he's a little bitch who can't take it when you try to prove him wrong
even after Kanye gave a statement on the piratebay thing he didn't mind to give a shit about what he said before

I don't know if you're memeing but C418 is a huge cunt anyways. And a bit of a SJW, which is something that Notch hates to death. The latter will burn your reputation in the indie industry if you're being a pretentious douche, and thank goodness he exists.

If it's not what you want, it's not what you want.

It has a few appeals.

Appeals to the autist in everyone in terms of building things.

Appeals to the dullard in everyone who just wants to hang out in virtual rain as their digital steak cooks in a cube furnace.

Appeals to the asshole in everyone who fills other people's houses with water after encasing it in obsidian and burying it in earth so it looks like a mountain.

no he seriously blocked me
and yeah he seems to also be a SJW

Remind me what Mr. Farage had said at the time?

This game along with Skyrim are probably my two favorite ambient soundtracks from games

i thought you were joking at first.
I've never felt this way about a videogame ever

Can confirm.

I bought Minecraft Alpha on vinyl for my little brother since he's 10. I've heard it's a terrible pressing, but he loves all things minecraft so who cares.

Anyway my favorite song is probably that Mice on Venus one or whatever, that's my jam when you're underground adventuring

>wandering through the forest, trees lightly caked with snow as Soule's strings slowly drift in
I have never hated and loved a game as much as I hate and love that one. Mostly hate though.

Agreed I miss the feeling of awe this game gave me when in the beta and when it had updates all the time
I remember I used to think redstone could make electric fences.-.

Or that when "creepy music" meant a dungeon was near by

I remember discovering MC back in 2009. I remember thinking the randomly generated terrain was really cool. I was dinking around on the surface when this came wafting over the silence:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-RGFyaq0U

I was hooked for the next two years. The game had so much potential.

There was a server I liked to frequent called the best sever ever or something like that. Run by a guy in china called bloodfart. Classy name. The map was a fixed size but also several times larger than could be comfortable run by most people and the remoteness of the host didn't help things. I was one of a handful of people that could connect and play at a comfortable frame rate. I spend countless hours in there building and painting various things. It was like a cavernous museum that collected only the finest constructions from whomever could manage to connect. I miss that place. I still have an old .jar laying around with the server map in an earlier state. I wish I could get it to run.

Man you guys are giving me nostalgia feels

But yeah the music is p good

Honestly this game was so great when I first played it. When it became mainstream it really became shitty, but I avoided complaining 'cause I'd just sound like a pretentious hipster.

this album is amazing

dear god is that the real album cover?

on a side note: that Quake soundtrack by NIN was bangin

Same. I wish i could go back to playing it for the first time. now whenever i start up a new world i have the default plan of what to do on the first day embedded in my head so it always gets boring

Yeah, when I first played I had no idea what to do, I didn't even know there were skeletons and creepers and shit. Time moves too fast.

This game was the fucking shit back then, and the soundtrack just made it better. What went wrong? How did the community get full of autistic 10 year olds?

even though i was 15 when i started playing it back in 2010 and had played genuine horror/thriller games, nothing was more frighting than exploring a cave for the first time by yourself. the zombie noises, the spiders, it was all terrifying

>This game was the fucking shit back then

low quality bait

See, this is why you shouldn't reply in 2 seconds

"no"

i didn't reply to myself tho

>you will never experience minecraft for the first time again before it went to shit