When he dies, everyone posts Heart of Gold and says how much they loved his music

When he dies, everyone posts Heart of Gold and says how much they loved his music...

What's the song you'll play?
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z8IQ66jI0M

Also, Neil Young thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SYUgGs9IStY
youtube.com/watch?v=_RuuyZYGSzU
youtube.com/watch?v=YJBVoLMwaa8
youtube.com/watch?v=h9oVk1_-_Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=m-b76yiqO1E
youtube.com/watch?v=OvkNwqN2lDs
youtube.com/watch?v=6-WMbP1RcC4
youtube.com/watch?v=t00MXZKbW0M
youtube.com/watch?v=Ovum-GjYWKQ
youtu.be/OFjqKSR-HlY
youtube.com/watch?v=OZPQ-w_3EM4
youtube.com/watch?v=j6PsBm4VeJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bORW_YEmHwY
youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q
youtu.be/HyzS81MfExU?t=37m50s
youtu.be/6G0qroTL51U
youtu.be/ctyn47bK8tU
youtu.be/L86gQQBYSc4
youtu.be/p2jyzIrzs5Y
youtu.be/X8JPPpFmeYY
youtube.com/watch?v=k_uHkAngzHw
youtube.com/watch?v=40YzTpxrdZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-yxiu1o63CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His "Whip My Hair" cover on repeat

heart of gold

youtube.com/watch?v=SYUgGs9IStY

This will be posted a lot, too

Heart of Gold is legit goat material OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=_RuuyZYGSzU

Pretty much all of Tonight's the Night on repeat

it is, but this OP assumes Sup Forumstants will take the contrarian side.

The Carnegie Hall 1970 performance of this. I like this song better on piano than on guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJBVoLMwaa8

youtube.com/watch?v=h9oVk1_-_Ck

neil young? more like neil OLD

probably Heart of Gold tbqh it's a fucking incredible song

also Only Love Can Break Your Heart and the Massey Hall versions of A Man Needs a Maid/Down by the River/Tell Me Why

When he dies I hope I don't remember him for the last five years. He's been absolutely disappointing. He's lost all his cunning wit and is just a mean, selfish, grumpy old man, and I feel like he just gets off on his own self-centeredness.

After The Gold Rush probably.

I don't love his music so I won't play anything of his

youtube.com/watch?v=m-b76yiqO1E

This is my mum's favourite Neil Young song and the one I always associate with him, because she had Decade on CD and used to play this song almost constantly.

fallen angel
youtube.com/watch?v=OvkNwqN2lDs

Danger Bird is equally as good. Might be the most intense song he's ever recorded.

I don't love him but I love his music, so I'm not sure what I'll do. The guy who wrote Flying On the Ground Is Wrong is already basically dead.

Cowgirl In The Sand
Running Dry
Harvest
Words (Between The Lines Of Age)
After The Gold Rush
See The Sky About To Rain
On The Beach
Motion Pictures
Ambulance Blues

These are some of my favourites. I'll be very sad when he dies.

What's everyone's favourite NY album? I always keep coming back to this one. The second half especially is sublime.

This is my favorite from the Ditch Trilogy, and probably my favorite album of his. If not it's Broken Arrow, which is definitely my favorite Crazy Horse album.

Don't Let It Bring You Down maybe, because it's the first song of his that came into my mind, and it makes me wanna shed a tear right now to be honest

Tonight's the Night, On the Beach, After the Gold Rush, or Rust Never Sleeps

Wow, I've never heard Flying On the Ground Is Wrong, I'm very impressed so far.

Bumping, good songs found here already.

stupid girl

CRIPPLE CREEK FERRY

this record is fantastic

Give me your honest thoughts on pic related. I think it gets underrated by fans of NY who see this simply as his most pop album. It has some of his best songs like Words and the title track. Also, Are You Ready For The Country? is so much fun.

Yeah, I think it tends to be underrated by fans and overrated by non-fans. It's a fantastic album either way, though I definitely wouldn't call it his best. The mellower tone that a lot of the record had resulted from a back injury he had that made it impossible for him to carry an electric guitar for most of the recording. Are You Ready For the Country?, Alabama, and Words were recorded after he had recovered. These songs have an almost Time Fades Away attitude to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=6-WMbP1RcC4

probably unpopular opinion idk

FUCKING BASED. I don't know how he always manage to make those fucking sick solos.

youtube.com/watch?v=t00MXZKbW0M

all the feels

youtube.com/watch?v=Ovum-GjYWKQ

Tell Me Why

(His 1st album is quite underrated)

On the Beach
Love In Mind youtu.be/OFjqKSR-HlY
the list goes on

Fuckin up

Sugar mountain.

I'm the Ocean

Arc, by far his best work

youtube.com/watch?v=OZPQ-w_3EM4

Thrasher, Ambulance Blues, Mellow My Mind, Tonight's the Night, and Don't Be Denied.
Neil's death will be the one that will hit me the hardest, i just hope he releases one more great record before he leaves.

Neil will be the cockroach of music, he just won't go away even though father time keeps telling him to piss off (in a good way).

What does he do with Old Black when he hangs it up?

>destroy it
>bury it (then create a treasure hunt and lead on superfans to try and find it)
>sell it
>donate it

D:

my personal favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=j6PsBm4VeJQ

Ambulance blues and after the gold rush

The solo on this track is god tier.

Probably A Man Needs a Maid, first song by him I ever heard and one of my favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=bORW_YEmHwY

Destroying it would probably be the coolest thing.

This song changed my whole course of musical exploration not to mention the reason I learned how to play guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q

the best version of Old Man
youtu.be/HyzS81MfExU?t=37m50s

Down by the River, Suger Mountain, Souther Man, Ohio, Cortez the Killeryoutu.be/6G0qroTL51U
youtu.be/ctyn47bK8tU
youtu.be/L86gQQBYSc4
youtu.be/p2jyzIrzs5Y
youtu.be/X8JPPpFmeYY

really weird, i was thinking the exact same thing earlier today OP.
maybe i'm the ocean off mirror ball. i always loved this song
youtube.com/watch?v=k_uHkAngzHw

Out on the weekend

Its on my top 10 list of favorite songs of all time. This man is a genius!

Man, this tunes aways get me... SICK, SICK solos. He is a fucking genius!

Thanks, CANADA!

This shit will hit me hard

I'll have to play My My Hey Hey ;__;

Pretty much anything off of Harvest Moon. Only Neil could put out a spiritual sequel to his classic album 30 years later and make it even better then the original.

youtube.com/watch?v=40YzTpxrdZQ

Fuck this old hack.

Neil young was the worst live show I ever went to in my life.

I saw him 3 years ago. The 'show' opened up with some fucking retarded sketch comedy bit of 2 guys in a stereotypical mad scientist costume trying to place a giant foam microphone on stage while a bunch of the Beatles greatest hits played over the speakers. that microphone just sat on the stage for the the rest of the concert. The mad scientists left, the Beatles stopped playing and then Neil Young and his band came out and started tuning their instruments.

He said like 10 words to the crowd the entire show, mind you this was a Canadian show close to his hometown. Over the course of 2 hours he played 5 songs book ended by 10-20 minutes of this bullshit power cord circle-jerk with him, his bassist and 3 other guitarists. Backs to the crowd, huddled around their amps just doing fucking power cords. after the show was done he just walked off stage.

Then The Beatles started playing again, and the mad scientists came back out to do their bit about he giant microphone getting raised back into the rafters. I was dumbstruck, everyone was pissed.

I am not even memeing, I could not listen to Neil Young for over a year, I almost gave up on live music entirely. If I ever get the chance to meet him I am going to spit at him and tell him off. Hes a fucking joke of a performer and dusty old, hack. I won't feel bad at all when he passes away.
... I'll listen to harvest moon.

FUCK NEIL YOUNG.

Lol I saw him on that 2012-2013 Crazy Horse tour. It was amazing. I don't know why you even saw him, because you don't seem to be a fan of his in any way shape or form. If you were you might have known that that bit in the beginning that you called a comedy sketch was a re-enactment of the Rust Never Sleeps movie. I don't know, it just sounds like you're recapping the whole show and saying you didn't like it. I'm amazed that you even saw him. That's like if I went to some Kpop event. Didn't you ever even stop to wonder what the fuck you were doing here? Like, "Wow, I hate Neil Young, why am I here?" I'm not even mad, I just think it's weird how you can be so vehemently against Neil Young when he's just doing what he does and the people who are into him are getting to hear and see it. Whatever, you did say "I am not even memeing," so maybe you're just memeing.

This.

But I didn't hate neil young. I had always enjoyed his music growing up. I even listened to some albums before the concert. and I was given a ticket to go with others.

But that show retroactively ruined my enjoyment of his music for a long time. If the Beatles thing is from some movie of his then I can understand that being put into a show of his, however I've never seen that movie.

If he played his music that would have been great, look I've been to shitty live shows before. I wasn't expecting him to bring me to tears or even sound as good as he did when he released his music. but he had his back to the crowd for 90% of the show, just doing this fucking stupid bullshit power strumming nonsense. it wasn't even inclusive the the whole band, him, the bassist and the other guitarists were all huddled on the left side of the stage. The fucking drummer was all alone trying to lean over his goddamn kit to see when they were going to strum so he could be in on it.

they'd power cord for 15 min then he'd mumble o-ok into the mic and do a fucking lazy rendition of one of his biggest hits nad then go back to his guitar wankery. He didn't do solos or anything just power cords, loud, over and over.

They entire audience left the stadium pissed. I didn't hear a single person say they enjoyed the show.

I can listen to his music again, but you could not pay me to see him again. just remembering the show makes me mad at him.

He'll be fine

yes

Like A Hurricane, probably

youtube.com/watch?v=-yxiu1o63CA