What's the musical equivalent to pic related?

What's the musical equivalent to pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2uuRG9l1JA
youtube.com/watch?v=nffOJXcJCDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

space oddity

Maybe Soundtracks For the Blind.

Pink Floyd - Echoes

2001: a space oddity soundtrack

9th symphony

Dark Side of the Moon, obviously

neon Genesis evangelion ost

kys
Shit taste in movies

this

succ my dicc

*succs* (im a girl btw)

came here to say this

My thoughts exactly

this actually fits

These dubs obviously

have you watched 2001?

Are you stupid?
>Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=i2uuRG9l1JA

Fits literally perfectly.

Echoes was also originally going to be about space but they changed it to ocean-based lyrics since they hated being considered "space rock".

Thantifaxath - Sacred White Noise

Howly shitz m8!

Why? It has no similarity in structure, tone, or themes, let alone its innovation. Sure, Soundtracks has a monumental impact on post-rock, if there's even a thing, but other than that, it's no work of genius like 2001 was. It's just a really damn good album.

You guys are better off picking a classical piece or album.

>classical piece
Gay XD

Who are you again? It's funny to me how people always claim to know what is considered genius and what isnt in 50 years time.

Who are you again? It's funny to me how people always claim to know what is considered genius and what isn't in 50 years time.

youtube.com/watch?v=nffOJXcJCDg

Kubrick is Zevon. Yet Zevon wasn't as money hungry.

A poor man's Zevon album, I guess.

This is the correct answer.

So I guess. John Cale's Paris 1919

Why not turn this into a whole thread?

What's the musical equivalent to pic related? (It doesn't have a soundtrack btw.) I tried the album Haxan by Cultes Des Ghoules and it kinda fit.

I know where you're coming from, but if you look into Gira, as a musician, you can clearly tell he's no genius. Sure, he's innovative as fuck, and his music is really great. He's got great endurance and ambition, particularly in his attempt at mixing as many genres as possible into a great big droning mess of noise. But is he the best at playing a guitar? No. Are his lyrics in any way special? No. However, they all go along with the music, which, when it comes together, it just makes sense.
Kubrick, on the other hand, was a genius, and was recognized as such by his competitive colleagues.
That being said, Gira remains to be my favorite musician.

Kys

Maybe the soundtrack?

see

Witchfinder General - Friends of Hell