Why do these two albums trigger so many people?

Why do these two albums trigger so many people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGbvCZFrTks
youtube.com/watch?v=fPkc02A3kcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MUzkIpT5oRI
youtube.com/watch?v=q_9nqobu3tY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's black metal for people who otherwise would shit on black metal. It's despised for being both entry level, and not a good representation of black metal as a whole.

because muh cvlt metalz

Because they're fucking gay

NWN! was right when they said Sunbather is really closer to 90s emo than to black metal.

it does? even normies like it. it's the "good" metal

sunbutler is shit, liturgy is ok

what's wrong with entry level?

Nothing by itself, but there is a tendency for some people to listen to just entry level music, and then act as an authority on the genre.

black metal is a very openly elitist genre

because people pretend that the first album is metal (>what is screamo) and the other one simply because people usually hate big glasses in their metal musicians

sunbather was post rock with black metal influences that got backed by p4k. 2nd album is closer to black metal which is why it sucked
liturgy album is the best album out of the two. still sounds great today. too bad the backlash ruined the band
would love to see how they would keep progressing black metal. but now they've gone into art rock and electronic territory

What makes Sunbather to not be metal?

>what is metal

sunbather posting was pretty annoying throughout 2013 but pretty much died down after that. it's as if its sole purpose was to start flamewars and nothing else

liturgy however, is a special kind of cancer

Sunbather can be classified as black metal, but black metal isn't actually metal, it's hardcore punk with metal influences. For some reason no one can get their head around this fact.

>what is first wave black metal

>metal subgenre isn't metal
huh, wow

Are the band members homosexual?

didn't know good music was cancer

People don't like Liturgy because HHH is a pretentious cockgobbler with delusions of grandeur.

the musicians views and personality haven't stopped people from listening to a band before. why now?

just for shits and giggles ill tell you that black metal is just surf rock downtuned and then played distorted with screamed vocals it is though seriously it fucking is look it up

So is Varg but most people seem to love him

because black metal fans are and metal fans in general are autistic as proven below

autism is no joke

You know when SJW hipsters in the games media try to push walking simulators as good games? You know how Sup Forums reacts to that?

This is just the Metal equivalent

But Aesthetica is a good album, Firewatch and Gone Homo aren't good games.

I don't think you understand what that word means friend.

no, this is hipsters trying to push actually good music as metal.

most "true" kvlt black metal fans got into the genre because of the edgy satanic church burning European stuff. Like black and white face paint and Varg and all that shit. Those two albums don't really have anything to do with that and focus only on the sound. Lyrically they're pretty different too. So the hipsters that were into black metal before it was cool hate on it for being popular and going against the normal ideology

Why do people say liturgy sucks but praise shitty deafheaven

pls post me a song better than thisyoutube.com/watch?v=HGbvCZFrTks

>sjw hipsters
could you tack on a few more ambiguous identifiers? I think your criticisms could be a little more irrelevant

So "true" kvlts hate cascadian and atmospheric black metal too? Those are not about facepaint most of the time.

returner desu

because the members are super fucking pretentious (and I REALLY hate that word and don't use it lightly).

probably because HHH's personality, which is no reason to hate a band really.
source: i love liturgy and i think deafheaven is ok

but facepaint is stupid

who cares about the members as long as the music is good?

>Pretending SJW's and hipsters don't exist

You either are one or you've been lucky enough never to meet one.

Some of them yeah. Wolves of the Throne Room and stuff like that gets called pretentious hipster black metal all the time.

But we are talking about the MUSIC. it's not like you're gonna meet them in person.
can't you guys separate the artist from the art?

>tfw i love WITTR

black cascade and two hunters are great records

I don't i'm just explaining why they're disliked by people.

i'm not pretending they don't exist. I'm saying those words are such broad labels that hardly mean anything and aren't real criticisms. I could call apples and oranges hipster and you'd have no way of countering my argument.

Why did I read this in a snobby British accent

I know what it means, I think your just offended by someone pointing your autism. Autism is when you lack the understanding of how people look at you, how to speak with people and general social reality. Which leads to people saying shit like this, because you are so far away from any social norm you will actually think this stuff. Basically, your socially retarded.

mister, i assure you i'm no metal fan

>your socially retarded.

A-Punk is the best black metal song of all time

test

why not?

>implying you know anything

>artistic expression is stupid

>your socially retarded.
doooooooood you are sooooooooo dummmmmm

cuz metal people don't want to identify with those guys. simple as that

Both those albums are vastly different to the music generally found in the "black metal genre"

I personally believe the internet's obsession with labelling things is what contributed to the negative stigma around both of those albums amongst music enthusiasts.

I also would like to state that only Sunbather is entry level. Liturgy's stuff is way too polarizing to be entry level.

Long story short, image means a lot to people who form their personality around music, and these two bands conflict a lot with the black metal image.

grammar naziism is your only way out so you don't have to realize how bad your autism is.

>just surf rock downtuned and then played distorted with screamed vocals

And all these changes don't make it a different genre?

>House is just disco with 4 on the floor beats, no or little vocals and drum machines

>Rock is just the blues with less strict chord progressions and less improvisation

Etc. Can you not see how that's fucking retarded

I can't speak for sunbather since i don't care for them, but liturgy is from fucking new york and do shit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fPkc02A3kcQ

and they(maybe just triple H) think they're some sort of authority on BM.

that video is fucking retarded and the songs they put an example of are either tribute cover songs or does not sound anything similar at all. the vid's fucking retarded but all his points are valid.

fuck i forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=MUzkIpT5oRI

what do you guys think about this album?

cool idea, but not so good songwriting

Blackgaze just don't work IMO. the blastbeating make the shoegazy guitars less atmospheric, ruining everything. there's a reason why the drums are barely heard in Loveless.

it's ok at least doomgaze is a thing

doom gaze reccs? anything similar to Funerals From the Astral Sphere?

Weighing souls with sand is to doomgaze how loveless is to shoegaze. not really similar to funerals but it's a good starting point.

autistic*

ftfy

Already have all of TAP, but thanks anyway, friend

Explain how what i posted is autistic.

just discovered this album this week, it's awesome. Different than TAP though.

youtube.com/watch?v=q_9nqobu3tY

I thought it would be cool until I realized they were just using the dulcimers to make guitar sounds with which to play mediocre blackgaze.
Check out Nadja if you haven't, their metal stuff is very reminiscent of TAP

Would've been great if the drums were chill and synthetic
Defsis
ty

liturgy is more exit level than gorguts and stockhausen combined

mealfags are embarrassing

How was this comment unreasonable? Seems pretty on point.

because most hipsters are like
>I can't handle dark atmosphere
>mummy hold my hand

I love black metal of all kinds, including OPs examples. I celebrate difference in the genre. Don't know why people want to listen to the same old shit over and over. Makes no sense to me.

>tfw u love blackgaze and it's getting trashed
feels BAD man

god this is such a faggy video.

>black cascade
>good

that one and Malevolent Grain are both really fucking average run-of-the-mill BM, with no fucking substance. Diadem of 12 Stars and Two Hunters are their only two great records

Because its just hipsters piggy backing off a genre for the most part is known for having huge underground roots, and then it produces stuff like pic related. Ironic seeing mexicans and blacks wear burzum shirts.

memes aside though, liturgy just play really good, melodic, energetic, uplifting and fairly unique music

black metal hasnt been underground for more than 20 years though

i mean come on that's literally just how culture moves on and being bummed about it on the internet doesnt accomplish anything

Cant wait to share my shirt with all my shoegaze friends. Burzum is like this new cool shoegaze/blackgaze/noise project.

Black metal has always been anti-mainstream, anti-christian and elitist. deafheaven came along with their commercialized clean entry level version of it with christian lyrics and then started selling it to the exact kind of plebians that we don't like. The hate for it is because it's bad, not because it's different.

forgot pic

>black metal
>moving on

I know black metal has its sellouts, but m8, that's kinda bullshit.

>christian lyrics
>Christian virtues include ogling topless women
I don't remember learning that in church.

>Skrillex replaces Skream and Burial as the definition of dubstep
>"i mean come on that's literally just how culture moves on"

sex and drugs lyrics are degenerate and even worse than christcuckery lyrics

You said Deafheaven had Christian lyrics.

where's the issue with that exactly? Skrillex is amazing.

Honestly Sunbather and The Satanist are the only black metal albums I like. The majority of black metal sounds exactly the same from each other.

Or maybe I'm saying that because I don't know of many black metal bands and what I hear just sounds the same.

Though I don't like Deafheaven much I don't understand the hate it gets
It's just blackgaze

Liturgy however is fucking gay

>has always been
not since like the early 90s, and deafheaven didn't come out of the blue just like that either

Because I remember one song from subather does and I know liturgy is an explicitly christian band.
I have only listened to these fake black metal bands like 1 time though so my knowledge of them is a bit fuzzie. I prefer my true kvlt metal

trve black metal is just fake fake black metal

>I know liturgy is an explicitly christian band
I think HHH is just being a contrarian bitch, following le "black metal shouldn't be so dark and gloomy" meme.
[eyeroll emoticon]

The autism of metalfags in this genre is astonishing.