/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 31
Nights since last BNM: 0

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-I suck at updating the top stories
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, BadBadNotGood, the Julie Ruin, Wreck and Reference, and Frank Ocean.
-/p4k/ forever

What will be the next boring indie rock record to get a BNM? Like, is there a Real Estate album coming soon or something?

this thread hypes and supports MIA and her final album

not "indie" but maybe the new preoccupations

cant really think of anything else desu

This thread stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen, Gustavo Guerra & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Bethany Cosentino, Larkin Grimm, Ke$ha, et al.

I am sick of seeing this sexist post every night tbqh fa m

out of respect to #nice, i wasn't going to tonight, but your reply is my lifeblood.

Thanks, I was just weak baiting but if it makes you feel happy I'll reply to it angrily more.

;]

>Gustavo Guerra

guys, what if I see Zoe at p4kfest and say hi to her and then she's like, :oh user, my feet are so sore from having to walk around all day long, can you massage them with your tongue?" and then I do and then we fall in love and live together happily for the rest of our lives?

>her

KYS, dumb arrow poster

She's not going to be there :/

okay

...Does anyone wanna buy memefork tickets?

why is this New Music Friday so boring? like, there are absolutely no new releases of interest this week.

this week has two, count 'em TWO, BNMs, famm

what albums do you think?

lol hunter BTFO'd

ummm the ones that got BNMs the past two nights

both of them came out last week

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Shura 7.7 by Laura Snapes
Betty Davis 6.8 by Nate Patrin
Kel Valhaal 3.5 by Kevin Lozano
Jackmaster 7.5 by Nathan Reese

oh no i meant literally THIS friday, as in today, has no good releases, so there probably won't be any BNMs this week.

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

You're late.

Since I'm going to be at p4kfest, could someone cover me if I don't get the thread up by 10-10:30 central time?

Tomorrow?

23/31 bnm = black/trans/women
14/31 bnm = black
2/31 bnm = trans
7/31 bnm = women

white indie on suicide watch.

All three nights
I'll try to post it but no promises that I'll remember or my phone will be alive

i got it covered. time to update the op anyway.

You really fucking love pitchfork user.

i can actually relate. i have been in this thread every night for like a year now, it's the highlight of my daily 12am. not joking or being sarcastic at all

i thought pitchfork doesn't update on p4kfest nights? something like that happened last time. it might have just been no update for the Monday after, but still

they'll probably update. they don't take the time off that they used to pre-conde nast sale

Yeah (I'm the guy you're replying to) I enjoy these threads too t b h.

>On her latest record, Shura is at the vanguard of a scene of young queer pop stars who are updating the ’80s model of self-sufficient, fully liberated mainstream pop.

This describes every single female pop musician in the industry. They're all bisexual, they all sing about "empowerment" and they all lift musical ideas from the 80s.