Metal hate thread?

>he feels the need to use all caps in greentext
Otherwise I agree with you

why scream why

>He can't rec an album in every genre
Stay pleb

I heh'd

devin did it

Does anybody have that image of somebody talking in youtube about jazz, classical and metal technicality, and he deciding metal is the best genre because it's the most brutal? Or something like that, cant remember now

Metal sucks.

Have run listening to your edgy RAWWWWW RAWWWWWWRAWWW music

>Have run
That's a good idea user, I need to get into shape

>calls other people pleb
>doesn't listen to Western art music

This is indeed bothersome.

>claims to have sophisticated taste
>uses an anime character in his chart
Opinion discarded

youtube.com/watch?v=A9O1_2EYS24

k

THIS

You can't just listen to another popular music genre and think you're better.

This is an excellent thread OP. Very productive us of your time. I'm certain many people here will leave this thread with different opinions from the ones they had going in. Also certain you weren't being deliberately provocative to accrue acerbic retorts that reaffirm your confirmation bias. I'm glad you posted this. I'm glad I posted this. I'm thrilled that this is what we're doing with our lives.

How is this metal? This is ambient, by a metal band.

B-but I like Dune.

>This is ambient

>anime
>comic sans
>intellectuals
>woman pictured

embarassing

>
Hahaha, what a ridiculous image to represent "intellectuals".

Comic Sans is the typeface of choice for STEM classrooms.

And wtf is she holding?

got a chuckle out of me, though not all metal is terrible. some Baroness and Mastodon doesn't go amiss

>Classical
>Genre
REEEEEEEEE

a document, numb nuts

Fuck you, Ame. Don't tell me what to do

Still ugly and of poor aesthetics.

haha

?

>Baronness and Mastodon are the best metal has to offer

>calls people out for shitting on others' taste
>shits on others' taste

No but see my music that no one other than fringe weirdos like is inherently superior to that other music that no one other than fringe weirdos like.

the art music thing is bullshit, it's basically like an indie person telling a metalhead that metal is shit. i.e. I like it so therefore it is better. Art is actually subjective dude. There is nothing wrong with liking something you don't like. Fuck off with that western canon shit, do i like it? yes mildly, but lets face all those dickheads in that picture did it for the money. If Beethoven could record stuff back then and sell it, he would, you are lying to yourself if you don't think that.

>he doesn't listen to mariachi slipknot

>If Beethoven could record stuff back then and sell it, he would, you are lying to yourself if you don't think that.

Do people actually think that joining an extreme metal band nets you any kind of money? If so, top-motherfucking-kek.

>implying implications

admittedly i don't know metal well enough to say what the best in the genre is. mainly because most of metal is unlistenable

that's not what I'm saying dipshit. What sets all those composers above anyone else? genuinely want to know

No worries senpai. It's just that those two bands are very stereotypical for hipsters to like, especially Mastodon.

I'm agreeing with you that the anime girl is full of shit.

i'm sorry user, the pretentiousness coupled with the smug anime face triggers my autism

haha user no worries, I've misinterpreted other people's posts today too.

fair enough man. i don't have a particularly abrasive taste, so those two suit me just fine

>Art is actually subjective dude.
>I don't know what art music means

so tru. Metal is for the retarded.

what does this mean? no really what the fuck are you saying

aww you guys

basically, art music is thinly veiled elitism, where people who enjoy a niche form of entertainment can feel superior to those who like popular shit

>basically, art music is thinly veiled elitism
Someone sounds insecure.

can you form an argument? or do you just have a bunch of bullshit pictures trying to talk down to people. I want actual thoughts from you not this meme your spouting

>actually taking Ame-posting seriously
Fuckin hell user calm down

i'd say that someone who is unable to enjoy music that wasn't art music would be insecure

but then again, whatever we label as art music is subjective. you could argue that nickleback is art music if you had the time, which is why this is a dumb conversation

>whatever we label as art music is subjective
Art music has an established meaning you know.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

never

Which one? The source itself shows that there's several definitions

It sure as hell isn't metal.

What makes that song metal?

>an umbrella term that refers to musical traditions, implying advanced structural and theoretical considerations[7] and a written musical tradition

>citing wikipedia as a source

Jesus Christ

It would be the same everywhere, as it is again, an established thing used by musicologists.

>Some other authors interested in music theory may define art music differently. Musician Catherine Schmidt-Jones for example defines art music as "a music which requires significantly more work by the listener to fully appreciate than is typical of popular music." In her view, "[t]his can include the more challenging types of jazz and rock music, as well as Classical."

Also, the works of Beethoven, Bach and Mozart, due to their popularity, are not art music, but instead popular music. The implication being that these musicians are inferior to art musicians. Do you agree with this.

>the works of Beethoven, Bach and Mozart, due to their popularity, are not art music
I see you also don't know what popular music means. Also,
>Mozart and Bach
>popular during their lifetimes
>even particularly popular now outside of a few pieces
Further more, that has more to do with what encompass art music, not what it means.

>what I listen to validates who I am
Please child, go outside.

Listen to Yngwie Malmsteen,
Symphony X, etc

they still fall under the metal genre

Metal is always edgy shit or pretentious tripe.

so there is agreement that what can be labelled as art music is indeed subjective if there isn't a common consensus on what art music means

also, seeing as complicated forms of jazz and rock, which are stored and distributed in a non-written way, can be defined as art music, then there's a blurring between the two categories. what can be classified as popular music can also be classified as art music.

>so there is agreement that what can be labelled as art music is indeed subjective if there isn't a common consensus on what art music means
There is, though. The minimum requirement agreed upon is being stored in some form of written notation, which rock typically doesn't do.
>there's a blurring between the two categories
No duh, it's never that easy. Some jazz is stored in written notation, not to mention composers who blur the line like Gershwin.

>there are people who don't like fun
>there are people who legitimately think that something being edgy means it's bad
top heh

>pretentious
Tell me how these for example are pretentious.
youtube.com/watch?v=b7eQ3eP6kO0
youtube.com/watch?v=My8T8vTYaZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs

>baby metal
I get it lol.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music

Art music is a label for classical. All music is technically art, but post-duchamp the word "art" means nothing. but "art music" is a specific label for classical music. Its pretentious, but it still has a specific meaning.

Art music/classical is written by trained composers who know what they're doing and have spent their lives perfecting their craft. Its stored in a written score, from which performances by professional performers can be given. It can also be analyzed or arranged for other instruments.

Art music also has a big focus on formal elements like counterpoint, harmony, orchestration, economy of material, large scale forms like sonata form or the myriad of other forms. Its more than just "Riff 1, Riff 2, Riff3, etc" Each piece has a coherency and tightness of construction that can only come from a trained professional composer. Amateurs just dont have the know-how to produce music of that quality. They write what "sounds good" and arrange these pieces into songs, and those songs into albums. Rarely are there any unifying musical elements beyond the only scale they know, or the only 2 techniques they use to play.

You wouldn't expect an untrained artist to be able to create a masterpiece using canvas and oils, the same applies to music. You need the knowledge of how to work with oils, how to prepare a canvas so it lasts hundreds of years, you need to know proportion, perspective, and of course you need some natural creativity before you start on this journey or learning.

The same applies to any art form. The more you learn, and the more you practice, the better art you produce. Composers just spend a LOT of time learning, thinking about, analyzing, writing, and performing music (or at least working with performers in rehearsals etc.) Hence they create much higher quality music than your average untrained person, and that music often has a timeless quality, like any great art.

>sleep
not pretentious

whew

As in how?

Did you not see him say wew? That gives him a free pass for explanation.

Wait never mind, he said whew. Ok, now he has to explain himself.

Metal bait thread*

ITT:Worst of Sup Forums superiority circlejerk

Metal is awful and stupid. The fanbase is childish, elitist and autistic.

But I still love it. I love metal because I know its stupid. And so entertaining.

Riffs. Slams. Breakdowns. Atmoshit. Its all good.

lol pleb

>The money store
>Lift yr skinny fists
>Popular

"ok"

youtube.com/watch?v=pNGCJzPzAp0

>mix meal riffs with smooth jazz
>somehow think you're proving a point

>meal riffs
Delicious!

That's why I'd rather eat meal then listen to it.

>It's another rapfag/indiecuck makes metal hate thread episode

Nu-male hipsters everywhere

>Plato
Simply. Epic.

>hints on refined taste
>standard shit like Shakespeare and Ulysses
Pick one. You're just as pleb if you think mindlessly shoving "top 10 classics" down your throat makes you an intellectual. "Plebeian music, read with the body and not with the mind" what does that even fucking meme?

"""ok"""

youtube.com/watch?v=Fwnuc-4pbak

>he can't into $lamming brvtallity
Fucking fags I swear

youtube.com/watch?v=oFt56Qlt52M

I'll never understand why weebslam and weebgrind are as big as they are.

Do you even djent?

youtube.com/watch?v=WB40Fazwr2I

>he can't into primitive brutality

youtube.com/watch?v=LUgpSZ2XYpE

you can only post weeaboo brutal slamming bulldozing slam past this point
posers and false leave the hall
youtube.com/watch?v=B4ORYEVo-gk
youtube.com/watch?v=M-WVbNdAPUg

>not popular
>memealbums in every relevant internet community
underage b& detected

I like classical music but holy shit