I think Jay Reatard is vastly underrated...

I think Jay Reatard is vastly underrated. He manages to be one of the more original punk acts of the new millennium while still making catchy and accessible songs. Agree? Disagree? Have something better to post? Want to spit on his grave? Discuss.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJ1MJan4Sow

youtube.com/watch?v=dG65eqfg6bc&ab_channel=MatadorRecords

*was
*managed
*made

he's dead nigga

NIGGA DEAD!

I'm speaking in the present tense about him, so I may be retarded but I think *managed is the only correction needing to be made but whatever.

His last album kinda sucked and he died too early to deliver his masterstroke. Blood Visions is better than most other garage rock revival albums however and Jay was a talented person and a real rocknroller.

And his old projects were just too goofy. Lost Sounds had a really award, unlikely sound. Shrieking over analogue new wave synth work? At least he went beyond the Lemmy stereotype and tried something different.

The Reatards is the only good group of his
Teenage Hate is 10/10
Lost Sounds and his solo work blow and sound like hot topic soundtracks

I agree, I really think Blood Visions is inspirational recording wise. I'm amazed what he was able to do just by tinkering in a home studio.

Matador singles 08 is goat tho

I really was impressed with Let's Get Stupid, keeping in mind the limitations.

He was going for the throne with his solo work, toe to toe with the White Strips, whose work Blood Visions imo outclasses.

Also, how much cocaine does it take to kill a man? Was he going all Scarface on the shit, dipping his face in piles of it?

Honestly see/saw I cannot enjoy but everything else is pretty lit. It Ain't Gonna Save Me is the obvious favorite off of it. What is yours? I've only given it one playthrough a while back and I want to relisten to a few good tracks off of it.

Blood Visions is one of the best punk records of the 00s

I agree, White Stripes was original and they are one of my favorites... but half of their discography is very similar sounding or just riff jams with some slide solos.

Blood Visions is not better than the White Stripes, even on their weaker albums
Reatards are better than the White Stripes though
wrong

I agree, what is your favorite overall though? I want to say Plastic Surgery Disasters, if you nice people wont call me patrician :')

Germs GI

An Ugly Death is probably my favorite, but I like every track

I would have to say Blood Visions is definitely better than everything except their debut. I'd say White Stripes first 3 albums are on par or slightly better. The White Stripes is one of my favorite bands, I've gone through the discography over and over again, and I have to say while they are great, 60% of their music brings nothing original sounding. I'm stressing that even the unoriginal ones were pretty great.

>Germs GI
Will check out thank you.

Just realized I contradicted myself in this lol. But yes Blood Visions = // < first three white stripes

I thought that was off of the 06 singles album. But yes that is one of my favorites.