Where were you when Death Grips became mainstream?

Where were you when Death Grips became mainstream?

They've been mainstream since TMS

they've been that way for awhile. i don't really care but it explains their decline of popularity on Sup Forums.

listening to death grips for the first time desu

Death Grips has been trending on Facebook a few times before.

The way trending news stories works on Facebook, Death Grips only popped up there because you like them on facebook or something. It's personalized.

I was in 2014

trends are based on what you like and visit most dingus

Facebook curates trending topics to your tastes dumbfuck.

Grandma is not seeing Death Grips on her news feed.

>his grandma doesn't ''get down'' to the Death Grips (butt, that is)

In my parent's house doing nothing with my life

>Implying they haven't been mainstream for years

When was Death Grips not mainstream?

People don't even listen to Death Grips. Literally the only reason people have Death Grips in their playlist is so they can tell other people that they so.

It's a black guy who is "artsy" and "intellectual" which is exactly how white millenials like to
imagine black people to be, the type of black person they fantasise about being friends with and being accepted by.

It's harder to mix rappers like Kanye or Young Thug into your indie rock playlist and still show how advanced you are for appreciating both white rock AND black music, because many people get confused and forget whether or not they only like rap ironically, due to its inherent retardation.

Death Grips provides white hipsters with a way to show that they "get" black people while still not feeling silly about the inherent stupidity and ignorance of rap music.

I hope you never leave this board because you are fucking hilarious

lol no, you just forgot how much bigger they actually are when they're regularly putting out music videos cause they haven't done this shit in a while.

i dont remember what i was doing in 2012

this, how are so many people ignorant of this?

spot on, this is why i listen to death grips

They have a drummer that they don't need. All the beats are electronic sounding and could easily be done with a drum machine. The sole reason they have a drummer is because it makes them look more "artistic" and "serious" and separates it from most rap music.

Everything about this band is a superficial pose, from its listeners to its "deep" lyrics (that actually mean nothing but they're the type of thing white people like to quote like they have meaning) to its choice of members.

>I'MMMMM SOOOO BLACK QUARTERBACK AIR IT OUT ALBIIIINO

Shut the fuck up. Stop pretending. You don't like this music. Death Grips is a fashion statement. They are the white Stripes of hip hop.

You just want to be seen as someone who "gets it".

>they have a drummer that they dont need
>the key member of the band who composes the majority of the music for the band

stop shitposting

my sides

No, user, wait. This man needs to be heard.

What more knowledge may you have??

>Shut the fuck up. Stop pretending. You don't like this music. Death Grips is a fashion statement. They are the white Stripes of hip hop.
The White Stripes? Why pick them out of any other band? They were just garage rock

The white stripes fans are mostly arty teenagers who want to listen to avant-garde music to seem "intellectual."

Regurgitated blues rock with a forced sense of coolness

The White Stripes were thepast big band that people pretended to like.

Now Death Grips is carrying the torch.

Whites stripes isn't even close to avant garde

I don't think I agree but at the same time I can't argue against this

>he hasnt even listened to the white stripes

listen to elephant and get back to me

>forced sense of coolness

a twiggly faggot and a girl that looked like she has down syndrome were forcing "coolness"? are you stupid?

Does anyone just like death grips because theh enjoy the music, and not because of memes?

yes, on the flipside most people who dont like death grips are in it for the memes

As someone mentioned, the trending section is based off the pages you like and the posts you interact with. So, if you liked DG on Facebook then the video, which the band made a post linking to on their page, is obviously going to be in your tending section you fucktard. Also, are you seriously going to tell me there aren't hipsters working the content at tech companies, let alone social media companies?

facebook news is custom to you. it's not like that will show up on some random dindu grandma's newsfeed

I've listened to that album hundreds of times, I was a big fan when I was a teenager, and I still like the White Stripes. Nothing about it is avant garde

>white stripes
>avant-garde
What the fuck?

All Sup Forumscore is mainstream
Swans is literally Top 40 music

they have a song thats like seven minutes long lol

i know Sup Forums is contrarion but jesus christ

how is that avant-garde?

Good bait

Stop with the bait

>he knows what hes talking about, h-he must be baiting!

so its only when death grips make seven minute long songs thats its avant-garde enough for Sup Forums to like it? fuck off

>death grips
>avant garde
So what tackle shop are you getting all this bait from?

why are you responding if its bait?

im not saying meme grips are avant garde-far from it. im saying that Sup Forums says death grips are avant garde, but failing to recognize the white stripes as avant garde at the same time is both hippocritical and inaccurate.

Im going to bed. Fuck you guys. Just because The White Stripes isn't some pitchfork approved obscure indie rock band like fucking Death Grips doesn't mean they aren't Avant Garde. Have you heard Icky Thump? The keys melding unmelodically with the backing instrumental is the very definition of Avant-Garde. Nine Inch Nails would be proud (and yes, I listen to NiN. How does it feel?)

Sup Forums isn't one person. Neither of those groups are avant-garde, but you people need to understand that avant-garde isn't the the be all, end all of quality in music

I like NiN

why are you trying to be all cool and rational just call it bait like everyone jesus christ reddit

>he's actually discussing music and not being a memelord?
>he must be a redditor
This is some facebook style of autismal shitposting

dae irony is the plague on civilization? why cant we just show our REAL emotions? just because i smoke weed doesnt make me a stoner

>he can't into parodical post ironic new sincere satire
get with it boyo