youtube.com/watch?v=2QDJqPXEbpo
youtube.com/watch?v=DkTP1LhGBBA
youtube.com/watch?v=_yJyrx77DSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hell be fine

"performing"

>89 years old
>still filming women's bathrooms

This. He's a rock n roll legend, sure, but for the past twenty years he should not have been anywhere near a stage. Especially now. Dude is a senile old man who barely manages to stand up for the whole show, let alone play his classic songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ

Oh...god....

This. He's a peep n creep legend, sure, but for the past twenty years his camcorder should not have been anywhere need a women's bathroom. Especially now. Dude is a senile old man who barely manage to keep it up for the whole piss, let alone pump his classic dong.

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=9mrRGAnKNig

As late as 2008 he was still performing pretty good. His playing here is meh, but he at least still had energy and seemed to be aware of where he was. The real deterioration seems to have started since 2010.

Every time a good artist dies he gets another year

holy shit that was crazy

He's got to be the oldest popular musician that still tries to play live shows anymore. Is there anyone else from that far back that's still alive and playing?

Jerry Lee Lewis but he's still 9 years younger than Chuck

>Both Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis are younger than Chuck Berry

I thought I heard he did retire from performing last year because his most recent tour (likely pushed by his kids and management for $$$) was a total embarrassment. Setlist.fm says that his last show was in 2014.

Yeah his playing isn't that good though I'm not sure how much of it has to do with him being 83 there because I've heard that he stopped actually practicing his playing in the Reagan years.

>Brain Wilton

Tony Bennett?

>let alone pump his classic dong
pottery

Pete Segar, Les Paul, and Pinetop Perkins were playing in their 90s tbf.

there was a really sad article somewhere about Dick Dale performing because he has to for financial reasons (he has no medical insurance and a bunch of health problems) even though he really hates being on the road : (

>Time for breakfast
What did he mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=uUyZHl0Yp6I

Man, he still tries hard though. This is a damn impressive performance for a 79 year old man with failing kidneys.

What you don't do that???

Harder than the Rolling Stones have tried in decades.

Hahaha this. I lived right by blueberry hill/duck room for a couple years so id go see him every couple months. It was like a marionette. They just pump him full of whatev and push him to the stage. I thought he was on hiatus or something tho.

"""""performing"""""

((((performing))))

I saw him in '13. It was the worst gig I've ever been to and the concert promoter was actually apologizing to the audience. Let's just say his family is exploiting him hard for money and they should all be investigated for elder abuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=GypIrhqmv3o

Let us remember Chuck as he was and not as he is.

I guess Dick Dale doesn't have a rich fanboy to bail him out like Jerry Lee Lewis had.

The last great Chuck Berry show was the one he did with Springsteen in 1995. He should have retired after that performance.

O for sure. I went in the early 00s and he was still spry but after I got back from college...damn is all I could say. Last show I went to was late 13 or early 14 and it was shit. It was one of the last ones before his kidneys went all wacky. I totally agree with you on the exploitation. He'd still shread but he'd warn us that his fingers aren't moving so hot or like you said straight up apologizing after a song. Very sad. Also that royale burger with egg and buffalo chips were my go to at blueberry hill.

I linked a show from 2008 and he was still playing decently even as recently as that. It does seem he totally fell all to pieces once he hit 85.

>It was one of the last ones before his kidneys went all wacky

He has kidney failure now? Ouch. :(

Ya that last time I saw him he was not the CB from 08. It was like they pulled him outta the nursing home for a couple hours. Then 2 or 3 months later his kidneys shut down. All the radio stations were talking about it and made it sound like he wasn't coming back. If it is some kind of cash grab by his family I hope they get popped for elderly abuse and extortion but tax fraud or something works too.

I understand since 2010 that his hearing and eyesight started going so he couldn't hear what he was playing.

I think he's done a handful of dates each year since. Maybe one every two or three months? Something like that. My friends go make their pilgrimage to pay homage to him one last time. The shows are packed as well as the restaurant so I know they are pulling bank off him still getting on stage.

He was nominated for a Polar Music Prize last year and couldn't attend for health reasons. Also setlist.fm doesn't list any concerts for 15-16, so I suspect maybe he really is done now especially if as you say he has kidney failure.

Local news did a segment that was talking about how he would always drive himself to work (his shows) and that Bc of the blindness and hearing loss he couldn't drive again. I haven't heard anything about him as of late tho. Makes me sad...

I wonder what it's like performing the same song for 60 years.

There were also no videos of CB shows newer than 2014, which gives credence to this theory.
youtube.com/watch?v=2QDJqPXEbpo

Here's another 08 clip with Maybellene. He does sound kinda old and rough, but there's times when (especially the first verse) he still sounds like he did in 1955. By 13-14, he couldn't even sing anymore, just croak.

BTW, it does seem that Maybellene is one of his less popular songs. There were only a couple live videos on Youtube, most of them from the 50s whereas there's a bazillion videos of him performing Johnny B. Goode over the decades.

People like Johnny B. Goode because it has a big stadium shoutalong chorus. It's a great song for live performances, probably better than Maybellene.

Pete Segar as I understand in his final years had a children's chorus backing him onstage because he couldn't sing anymore, only growl. Though he can't have been in as bad shape as Chuck because he died after he caught a chill while chopping wood outside.

I understand Mick Mars was in considerable pain during the Motley Crue farewell tour and it took a lot of toughness on his part to get up there and play.

He's still a crystal meth mogul, he does it for fun

i remember when i went to see Bad Brains here in my city, i never saw them live and it was so strange, like the bad was tight but H.R. was out of his mind doing some rambling, like when you see a homeless man screaming against the pidgeons and the biker that almost ran him over?

youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ

came here to post this.

Jazz drummer Roy Haynes still plays full sets at 91, and while he doesn't quite have the power and speed he had at his peak, he's still legit fucking good.
Aged 87 on Letterman (drum solo week):
youtube.com/watch?v=DkTP1LhGBBA
Aged 88 with his band:
youtube.com/watch?v=_yJyrx77DSQ

He loves performing, it's just really hard for him because of his health. It's great that he still goes for it instead of just phoning it in.

Jerry Lee Lewis retired earlier this year didn't he?