/daily/ we think maybe someone committed suicide last thread

please don't be dead man

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, wonder if Jangle's Thrift Tourney ever existed (spooky), listen to homeless communists scream, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working. we're so proud.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley, aka the superior plug, fite me

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.
>skype is a meme

Most importantly, come back fish

last time on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/TEthearbiter/albums-for-the-improvement-of-my-writing-skills/
rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter
youtu.be/QloLYsK5v9A
youtube.com/watch?v=IzUx2xtQ6J4
youtu.be/JSWRoVQ7Us0
vocaroo.com/i/s0mGTeR06oxv
youtube.com/watch?v=YdG1Hczh2Zg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for da boyz

no drama itt pls

There's a pretty cool spiritual jazz tracklist full of killer tracks this week on the blindfold thread.
It's a nice thread, you should come.

actually read the last thread
shit's dark
how did that happen
did we really just get someone to kill themselves

This is really fucking great. Jaakko Tolvi goes full Han Bennik on this smashing absolutely everything he can find on his way.

Thanks FIW!!!!

my onion on HOLV hasn't changed much, sorry Thom

So, what did I miss?

And since my girlfriend is away, what Japanoise record should I listen to next? I have a few hours to spare before I am heading out with some friends.

I don't think Shameboy is actually going to do it. He just scrobbled AnCo nearly an hour ago so idk.
Guilty Connector

well
>fish mad a goof, has gone afk for 3 days now, doesn't look like he'll be coming back, everyone misses him
>/RYM/ started a shit-flinging war with us for some fucking reason that I still don't understand, started calling us embryos, which is a meaningless buzzword they've taken to throwing around
>poseur posters were at it again
>Shamepai potentially committed suicide by drinking a fuck-ton of lean after drunk msging ssxh on RYM and being exposed (just read it it's fucking creepy)
>things cooled off last thread
I'd laugh if i weren't legit worried

Thanks, chief.

Eh, I cannot be bothered with the details. Thank you for the pick me up, though! I am just going to lean back and listen to some noise, I guess. Much easier.

Lads, I'm going to make an attempt to improve my writing """skills""" and """review""" some of my favorites. The thing is, I'd like some help in picking albums to write about. So please pick some stuff (preferably from my favorites but it's fine if they're not) for me to write about.

The list:
rateyourmusic.com/list/TEthearbiter/albums-for-the-improvement-of-my-writing-skills/

My RYM:

rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter

holy shit
that's some top-notch happening right there

Write about Keith Hudson.

It's easier and funner to write about albums you don't like than it is to write about something that you like should it come down to an 800-1000 word review

Join your student magazine, write reviews for them, they have editors who can help you, I'll send you three of the reviews I wrote on rym

What was Fish's goof?

I chose the Pekinese orchestra my man. Also nice idea - would you mind if I copied it?

Add it to the list, man.
Now hold on, I'm not taking this seriously enough to try joining anything. Thanks for the tips though. I've got my chart of crappy albums ready so I could definitely do that. Also, thanks for the reviews, lad.
Sure.

Also, keep in mind that you guys can add as much stuff as you want to the list.

student magazines are generally not a serious environment, everyone does it voluntarily, out of the love of their own voice... nah but everyone's pretty chill, if you have a good one as well then you could get opportunities out of it, talk to people, don't be intimidated, you could make friends

>Add it to the list, man.
Oh, I did not realize I could add to the list. I am goof. Will add in a second.

Oh dear. Oh well, his perogative, I guess.

I have it the opposite. I really enjoy writing about music I like. I would rather share my opinion on music I like and hear other peoples opinions on what they like, rather than what they did not like.

I will agree that it is easier to condemn something, though. Much easier.

I find both very appealing, music I like and are excited about and music that I fucking hate

>music that I fucking hate
I can see the appeal in it but I just do not see the point. I am not stopping anybody, though.

Also, Beats, Noise, and Life is really good so far. Thanks, Mark!

I'll think about that then. A comfy group of writers does sound nice.
Like I said earlier, keep in mind that you can add as much stuff you like.

>I can see the appeal in it but I just do not see the point.
The point is the appeal

ah yes. I read through that in the archives the other day

But what does it accomplish? You hate this certain collection of connected songs or you hate this specific track, now what? You are not going to spend more time with it, you are not going to suggest other people do it, it just seems such a waste of time to me to write in long and eloquent fashion why something is bad. If you hate this or this, you want to spend as little of your time on it, yes?

Of course you need to actively listen to something first before you figure out whether you like or dislike it, granted, but afterwards, why would you spend more time with something that you do not enjoy? Where is the sense in that?

I guess the appeal is to get a kick out of your frustrations of having wasted that time spent, sort of a "getting back" at the artist but otherwise, I do not get it.

review the ark work, there's a fuckton to say about it

>midi horns
I need to listen to this again, fully absorb it's train-wreck majesty

who will die in this thread place your bets here

Glad you're liking it, man.
Added it. Normally I'd let you do it but you don't have an RYM account do you?

yee plus that'd miss the point
i gathered a couple notes for if i ever do choose to spill my thoughts on it but i dont think i will

he updated arkwork.org a while ago btw, just found out about it yesterday, that may be a help

Took 7 ibupros, 6 paracetamol and a Bottle of codeine
My chest hyrts and i'm going to die any time soon

jesus christ
call an ambulence, you're not going to die until maybe 2 days later

You do not want this. Call an ambulance

what am I listening to today

you wont die fàm
try to puke or something

>66441416
What tuco says it's true, this is gonna be slow and painful. Call an ambulance right fucking now. If you hate life so much that you wanna off yourself you should be working on self-improvement rather than simply giving up you dweeb.

Dude, Otomo Yoshihide, what else?

>mfw this fire

This is pretty dank
youtu.be/QloLYsK5v9A

this whole situation is absurd, what the fuck, shamepai over here just gone and attempted and were trying to save his life, while also listening to shaq do boom bap

>Shaquille O'Neil - Shaq Diesel [1993]
>Boom Bap, East Coast Hip Hop
>wasteland for hilarious lyrics
>featured verses from unknown rappers as well as Phife from A Tribe Called Quest?!
>NOT snuff jazz

listen and use for listenalong here:
youtube.com/watch?v=IzUx2xtQ6J4

this is even better! made me moist. Faust+Meme+some dudes I do not recognize now
youtu.be/JSWRoVQ7Us0

why does this bang so hard

mate

>shamepai over here just gone and attempted and were trying to save his life, while also listening to shaq do boom bap
shamepai if you're reading this and you can't save your life at this point make this the last thing you listen to

FUCK there are absolutely no bootlegs of this online. this sucks!

Hope u ded
jk hehe lol rawwwr xD

>did we really just get someone to kill themselves
>we
how "we"? i get shamepai always got shat on, but did anything in particular happen besides sshx [rightfully] shaming him?

you will be the first one

I'm noosing myself atm.

where's the difference?

no, that was the right decision, I do think telling him to kill himself was a bit extreme though, especially when he pulled out the Codeine,

is this a diss track on Dr Dre and Snoop what is this

newfriend here, what is this thread
I kind of get the point of it but I kinda don't

he probably drank less than 800mg so he won't have any big problems. but since he took paracetamol he'll just fuck up his liver and live thru

this is where "music discussion" happens, we like the sound of our own voices

it's not the codeine that worries me, it's the paracetemol, 3000 mg in a single go is overdose territory
I've seen it happen man, it's not pretty

did you even notice how bad the lyrics are?

>"My favorite cahtoon is bullwinkle the MOWSE"
>"People always ask why is Phife so cocky? WELL I GOTTA BE GOD AT SOMETHING COZ I CAN'T PLAY HOCKEY!"
>"ehrreh ehrreh sorry ah made a bloopa"
>"AH HITCHA WIT DA WPAKDHSGFAIUDFVHU! SEE?"
>"my flow like pee out ya you know what. Like dookie diarehha comin' outcha BUTT"
>"I FORGOT MY VERSE UH UM"

and my personal favorite:
>I'll treat you like Spielberg: you'll get your ass kicked [Jurassic] in the Park"
how he thought jurassic was close to your ass kicked i'll never know

also i actually haven't listened to the album myself so i'll add my onions when i fully listen

>mfw I figured out how to play the So What introductory bit on harmonica
vocaroo.com/i/s0mGTeR06oxv

If I actually practice I might do some damage on this thing lmao

Spill yer thoughts someday
Call an ambulance [3]

This is really messed up, man
I'm super hyped for this one desu

The lyrics are awful but I really like the production. Very nice boom-bap and it is pretty thick, with all sort of cool little samples thrown in.

The awful lyrics are hyping me up for it tho desu. I expect this to be a top meme.

me
give me (You)s plz

dude what are you doing. either you are joking which is idiotic or you really need help. i really fucking hope it's the former

what mic are you using that makes this sound like a dusty record
[spoiler]qt voice and giggles also[/spoiler]

the built-in macbook shit mic

t-thanks...

A lot is happening lately. Why did you delete yr account cunt?

Also, I wish I could get lean

have you listened to opus avantra already

no but it's queued right now mang

>tfw you are finally included into the /rym/ circlejerk list
>tfw it's too late since you moved to /daily/ and now you are at war with them

also, listening to Natsume - NEVER WEAR OUT yOUR SUMMER xxx!!!
Aaaand it's pretty nice, although nothing fantastic. There's a good comprehension of dynamics and when they get heavier things get interesting, but the post-rock structure of the longer compositions and always-the-same drums really annoy me.

>Why did you delete yr account cunt?
Why not?

bc i wrote on ur shoutbox and now u will nvr be able 2 shout me back :(

The amount of stuff happening lately is insane and sad. I really hope nothing goes wrong.

btw,

T A L L I S
A
L
L
I
S

don't even care, the production is sup hot fiya
plus, the lyrics might be bad, but at least they're funny and aren't kanye bad

>[spoiler]qt voice and giggles also[/spoiler]
desu

(You)
also welcome back to the daily

production is by erick sermon so i get why people dig it. its honestly not too bad

is that literally sponges

agreed

>is that literally sponges

I'll shout back at you here, don't worry.
Here it goes: The spectacle is capital accumulated to the point that it becomes images.

oh...

>Botswana
youtube.com/watch?v=YdG1Hczh2Zg

it's somewhat useful

also queued

wow, what a cunt

Tim Buckley - Happy Sad
best one I've heard outta him, really feelsy lyrics
Love from Room 109 at the Islander might be my favorite track of this type ever
god it's so good
"You changed an old man filled with pity
Back to a child again
Ah now, mama, can't you see what you done"

Glenn Branca - Lesson no 1.
It's like sonic youth yeah, but highbrow...

also that triple 7
wew

What next

Hopefully rating all of these today

i'm relistening to candy claws albums. i always thought they sounded so cluttered and messy. they still are, but I kind of get the charm today. I feel like ceres and calypso is going to get a lot of play considering it's summer. "transitional girl" is a helluva good song. listening to this album too much may or may not give me a headache quickly. i do like the airy vocals and melodies though

Do Astigmatic next.
(vintage meme!)

Yeah, I enjoy Shaq Diesel well enough because it does not seem he is taking himself seriously at all. I can appreciate some fun.

Herb kid wins this round!
I still have some doubts about the rating of Another Thought, since it seemed a bit sparse and too poppy for its own good. The low-key moments were, anyway, great. Surely a better album than the Natsume one, which was a bit tiring and more-of-the-same-y. Some brass passages were really interesting, though.

We're Only in It for the Money is a winner and one of the funniest, "intellectual" albums I have ever listened to.

>Stalger a 10
>Joan of Arc a 6
>neu 7 a 2
>Le Sacre du Printemps a 10

weew laad

>same rating for Present and Neu!
>6 for Bonobo
>6 for La passion de jeanne d'arc
>only 8 for Tetsuo & Persona
>10 for stalker

Dreyer.

(not true by the way)

these have been a weird couple threads, jesus.

I've gotta check that out, overly percussive stuff is my jam. cover art is dope as hell too

CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE, don't joke around with this shit, man.

better meme than the new ones (fug u Dreyer ;^))

D R E Y E R
R
E
Y
E
R

still, why did you delete it?
having it and not using it has the same effect

Same reason why I locked myself out of my last.fm account. If I kept it I would have kept using it, however sporadically because I have no self control. I didn't want to so I deleted it.

I don't know man, he's a pretty cool fellow. Silent films might take some getting used to I guess. I don't know if you've watched many. Then again I also thought as the passion of Joan of Arc as a pretty nice starting point. Idk, watch some Munrau I guess.
Also try Ordet anyway. Maybe you'll like it more considering that 10 to stalker. And Solaris if you haven't.

Have you guys listened to this? It seems like the kind of thing /daily/ would meme, but I haven't seen it mentioned around here in the few months I've been around.

I did like Passion of Joan of Arc, 6 is pretty gud

Here's a (You) for my fellow saxon men slayer

These are some fine memes, more of this please

I just listened to that! it's pretty damn cool.