Why do country musicians on average look more normal and respectable compared to virtually all other genres?

Why do country musicians on average look more normal and respectable compared to virtually all other genres?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Canada

because they're boring fucks

>no being a degenerate makes you boring

Hi Tyrone

Because being a Regular Guy^TM is the whole country gimmick.

>implying Willie didn't look like a greasy jesus in the 70s
and I'm pretty damn sure traditional pop looks more normal/respectable than any other genre.

>high heel boots
>skinny jeans
>not degenerate

>normal
>respectable
Two words that come to mind when I see this hunk.

Because they're chosen by a marketing team to appeal to retards

they're not musicians

>muh everyman

But that's the same argument for the degenerate looking musicians in other genres.
What is going on?

>Sup Forums suddenly doesn't like country

what gives?

Most girls would bring this guy home to mom, I'd think.

youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E

Have any of you even been to Mississippi?

feels like I should hate that song, but I really don't

Yeah. In the country having a cowboy hat is a big deal cause it means you own land, usually

Is that Varg Vikernes?

It's no secret that Mainstream Country is full of "himbos," Too bad the music doesn't match the aesthetics.

Looking like an average Joe is a part of the country image. The country look is just as deliberate as any other genre's.

they all look like boring assholes that would whistle at your wife at a shitty bar on a tuesday night

I just started to listen to country more and I love it.

I had no idea he reps the west coast

i just dont get country music and i live in TN, i can understand why someone would like any other genre but country is literally the most boring shit

Sup Forums fucking get out

mainstream country music is a fucking disgrace
we'll never get another cash or van zandt

even the not famous country people on youtube are better than the pop shit

>normal

country as a genre died when it stopped being called 'country and western'

Do twee groups not explicitly try to look normal?

different era, apples to oranges.

See Townes Van Zandt wasn't exactly mainstream in his day either.

People gravitate toward music they can relate to. As a result, people tend to listen to music that is a product of their own culture, or a similar one. For example, I'm a middle class grad student from Colorado. I read a lot and was in the Peace Corps. I was an angry kid who was really into the arts. Given all this information, it's not at all surprising that I am a fan of noisy post-hardcore music - the musicians who make it are usually idealistic, angry, artsy, articulate kids who wear practical clothing and reject any rockstar posturing. It's also not a surprise that I like post-bop jazz, which is similarly cathartic, and is made by very practical, down-to-earth, yet unconventional types. I like hip hop, but I can't connect with hip hop like I do with post-hardcore or post-bop because unlike those genres, I don't identify with or relate to it as strongly. No doubt,there are a lot of amazing songwriters in hip hop and I have a strong appreciation for them, but it just isn't my music. It's by and for another section of society.

This is why country musicians look so respectable. Country is by and for honest, hardworking red state types who like football and barbecues. I enjoy myself around that sort of culture, but no doubt when I'm in that sort of environment people probably think "look at this city faggot. Looks like the type of kid who'd shoot up a school. Probably goes to some fancy college". We can get along, but I look like I could be in a post-hardcore band. If I tried country (not counting alt-country), country audiences wouldn't respond well to me because I'm not the type of person they even want to relate to. Different music for different people.