Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,

I don't get why this album is so praised.

Can you explain in few words why is it so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXkm6h6uq0k
youtube.com/watch?v=knU9gRUWCno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its catchy pop-rock

I don't get it either.
For some reason I find upbeat and happy rock music to be incredibly boring.

I thought it was boring my first couple listens but it's grown into one of my favorite albums. It's a very simple, but powerful album. Great guitar work and melodies.

It's definitely not pop rock.

I wouldn't say it's a happy or upbeat record. It's more of a bittersweet feel to it. Although I never quite understood what the lyrics were talking about.

It's the rock album for generation that went out in 00's, nothing really else

How in the world is it not pop-rock?

I can't get into it either, I don't find the songs catchy and the guitar tone feels weak

I fucking hate that album cover, the old one is so much better

basically it killed the nu metal trend and most of the major bands of the 2000s were inspired by this in a certain way

the album feels simple after so many indie rock records,but no track is out of place,so it's a perfect example to show the garage rock revival

it has good songs

its not the "new" one, its the original european version. this cover was not allowed in the US and was changed

This guy hits the nail on the head pretty much

oh, I didn't know that
regardless, I find the american cover way better

Influenced by Wire first two albums and, superficially, by velvet underground, it invented an aesthetic of catchy, fashion, glamorous indie rock that would be immensely influential in the 2000s and early 2010s.
The fact it was released during the 9/11 period helped to create the cult.

>he didn't like Hard to Explain

youtube.com/watch?v=BXkm6h6uq0k

Basically every song is catchy as fuck, and it's got a really raw and entertaining energy.

The guitars are too janglely, not enough body to them. The vocals are too lazy sounding and too buried under the instrumentation to leave an impression (neither of which would be a problem on their own, but together they don't work).

Kill yourself

Oh damn son, you got me! Sick burn!

youtube.com/watch?v=knU9gRUWCno

If you don't like this song then you are literally not human.

Also, there wasn't a huge music internet infrastructure like there is today, people very much relied on radio and MTV to get there music, this indie sound was a breath of fresh air on an otherwise stale music scene which consisted of pop punk and nu metal.

I like this one for the edginess factor

>old one
you're a fucking moron

twinkly guitars
nice melodies
casablanca's vocals

The vocal melody and the way the rhythm explodes into the chorus makes life worth living

opinions man

all he did was express his opinion, I swear Sup Forums is autistic

Yeah anything that kills nu-metal can't be THAT bad

>he's a tonefag

julian is a stupid good songwriter, plus the way he writes guitar parts is actually pretty unique

Ass.

>plus the way he writes guitar parts is actually pretty unique

In what way. I just think it sounds good

Take it or Leave it > rest of the album

very distinctive sound and really catchy, well-written songs.

now what I wanna know: what the fuck happened on the new ep?!

suprisingly valid points, now i feel about this like that too

>not pop rock

>dad rocker

Yeah I know right I can't believe they managed to release two really great songs!

I actually actively hate the strokes, never understood their popularity. When I listen to this music all I hear is shitty pop rock. That's not to say I dislike pop rock entirely, this is just SHITTY pop rock. How on earth these guys got such a following is beyond me. Uncreative music, mediocre vocals, middling lyrics. It's basically if you took away everything positive from the Arctic Monkeys and just left their pleb stuff

it's fun but julian also wrote all the songs by himself back then and didn't let the others fuck with it for the most part