Why isn't Sup Forums in love with the AOTY?

Why isn't Sup Forums in love with the AOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/3vz5yhla
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they trust Pitchfork for their opinion

because it only had one good track

I know, right? They should rather trust a clown who thinks that the only way to evaluate music is to namedrop as many barely-related composers as possible, and to fill the gaps with avantgardist clichés and platitudes.

You haven't read my stuff I guess.

I've read that Ark Work review you link every time you discuss HHH (as if reading it was enough to shut down any conceivable criticism).
It has practically no substance.
It boils down to "this music is good because it uses composition techniques that are vaguely reminiscent of many classical composers' work." and "this music is good because the guy who made it is ambitious."

And you refuse to address the only thing that truly matters, not only to us, but also to HHH: does it sound good, does it make you feel emotions or evoke images and which ones are they?

>It boils down to "this music is good because it uses composition techniques that are vaguely reminiscent of many classical composers' work." and "this music is good because the guy who made it is ambitious."
...those are pretty good reasons, especially compared to Pitchfork and other RYM reviewers who don't tackle the substance of the music itself.
>does it sound good,
What a worthless question, how old are you?

>does it sound good, does it make you feel emotions or evoke images and which ones are they?

lmao, you must be like 14

truly great music is music that pushes boundaries compositionally and advances technique and requires massive skill to perform.

it's okay to listen to music for "MUH FEELS, MUH EMOTIONS" but when you get older you will realize that emotional responses don't have to only be invoked by lyrics/concepts, and also that many kinds of sounds can be beautiful.

If you're trolling like you're putting way too much effort into it.

Someone might end up believing that you ACTUALLY think that composition skills can make up for sounding like shit.

We are

reply to this post and all trip code users will die in their sleep tonight

pooof

If an album is emotional it means that it connects with base emotions.

I'd prefer albums to make me feel nothing.

What are albums that make you feel nothing?

Go away boldfaure you pretentious git

yes

pls

>2016
>still pretending to care about shitty hip hop

Bezel II sucks ass, it can't be AOTY because of this track

Eh, Tense Stage and Ontological Love were the only good tracks. Kind of excited to here more music from this project in the future because it has a pretty unique sound

i see no shitty hip hop in this thread

The HHH album was unlistenable. Sorry for preferring music that values quality over whatever avant-garde compositional
style the musician claimed to be using. And I say "claimed" because I am 99% sure that this guy was just fucking around with his computer and that's the best he could come up with.

idk but if that makes boldfaure die then why not

T H E
G
A
T
E
S

I tried to replicate that unique sound.
Did I do good?

clyp.it/3vz5yhla

No way.

It needs more HEYYYs and EUUUUUUUUGNNNNNNNNNNNN THE GATES
>ONTOLOGICAL LOVE

I don't have the excellent microphone HHH uses so my EEEUUUUAGHAEUUUEHHHHH have a nasty sound, sorry.

hahaha no way it was so bad

beautiful

>4/4 time signature the entire way through

this album is so lame

The melodic sections don't follow the rhythmic sections, stop thinking solely in terms of beat you plebeian

are you actually trying to defend that aural dogshit? pls stop

THE GATES
HE GATEST
E GATESTH
GATESTHE
GATESTHE
ATESTHE G
TESTHE GA
ESTHE GAT
STHE GATE
THE GATES

I already want more

I hope he revisits this project often, given how long the spaces are between Liturgy albums

it fucking sucks senpai

do you have the link?